Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Lesser of the Evils....Accent, Versa or Aveo?
Hyundai Accent GS 2 door hatchback 16 40.00%
Nissan Versa (Either Hatch or Sedan) 20 50.00%
Chevy Aveo (Either Hatch or Sedan) 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times

Advertisements

I vote for the Accent. New ones are cheap & come with a 5 year 100K warranty plus gas for a year at $1.49. Plus they have very good reliability.

The fit is a great car but is really in a class up from these 3. The Versa gas mileage is low for a car in this class.

Also look at the Kia Rio. I had one for a rental & loved it. Nimble as can be & fun to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,335,319 times
Did he check the Yaris and the Fit?

If he's sold on those three -- Nissan Versa. I spend four days in a rented one. It ain't that bad.

We have a Yaris and love it.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 AM

510 posts, read 2,206,520 times
I would get the Hyundai. I dont like the styling of the Versa. The hyundai has a better warranty and is the best looking out of the three choices

Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Used is out of the question in his car search. If I was stuck buying an econobox I'd go with the Versa or Accent.
Check leftover KIA Spectras too. Possibly some excellent bargains available there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Whichever one I could get the best deal on as a 2-door hatch with 5-speed. Wait, don't tell me, he can't drive stick.

I would lean more towards the Nissan, with the Hyundai in 2nd place. Not certain why the Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris are not on his screen, similar cars, maybe a little more $ but good cars.

You simply didn't beat Little Brother up often enough as you guys were growing up. Shame on you.
hahaha. Too late. Maybe learn him to drive a schtick instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRUD View Post
How reliable are cars you are describing?
I am in the used car market myself...
Well, the VWs are not famed for their reliability. I had a 99 TDi, and it was a great car except the locks and windows kept going out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Tell him to look at a 2000-2005 VW Jetta TDI.... He could pick up one of these pocket the $4k or more he would save. Then he could enjoy 48-50mpg in something that is somewhat stylish and can fit 4 adults safely.
Yeah I'm biased... I admit I'm a diesel dork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I vote for the Accent. New ones are cheap & come with a 5 year 100K warranty plus gas for a year at $1.49. Plus they have very good reliability.
The fit is a great car but is really in a class up from these 3. The Versa gas mileage is low for a car in this class.

Also look at the Kia Rio. I had one for a rental & loved it. Nimble as can be & fun to drive.
Excellent reasons. I have an 07 Spectra, it's an excellent car.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Exclamation Update................................

Thank you fo all your responses. I appreciate your honesty. Just writing to let you know, he scrapped the three cars on the list (Aveo, Accent, Versa) and got a really great deal on a new 2009 Nissan Cube. Yes, the thing is so freakin ugly, but it's "different" and I like "different". Anyway, I did not appreciate the car fully until I drove it. For a small car, it is HUGE inside and the CVT is amazing and it has decent power and handling. Yes, I was completely taken by surprise.

On another note, I went to Hyundai with my bro. and drove an Accent 3 door hatch. That has to be the WORST car I have EVER driven (and I have driven TONS of cars). It is a wretched POS. The acceleration was so horrible it was downright scary. It screamed CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP in every possible manner. No way would I even buy one for 10K. I am still in shock at how awful it was. I didn't expect much, but didn't expect it to be THAT horrible. Hyundai should be embarassed to even market something like that.

Okay, I am off my Hyundai soapbox.

Thanks to all!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I personally do not like any of them, but I would chose the Versa out of those three.
Ditto! I think the Nissan looks the nicest of those three.

Looks like it doesnt matter now though since he has bought a Nissan Cube. I have seen two of those going down the road already. Strange vehicles, but not as odd as that new small SUV from Kia.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,174,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Thank you fo all your responses. I appreciate your honesty. Just writing to let you know, he scrapped the three cars on the list (Aveo, Accent, Versa) and got a really great deal on a new 2009 Nissan Cube. Yes, the thing is so freakin ugly, but it's "different" and I like "different". Anyway, I did not appreciate the car fully until I drove it. For a small car, it is HUGE inside and the CVT is amazing and it has decent power and handling. Yes, I was completely taken by surprise.
yeah, the styling is definitely 'love it or hate it', but you can't argue with the huge amount of space the box cars give you (Cube, Element, xB, Soul). i have a 2009 Scion xB and bought it for that exact reason. it still blows my mind how well 4 full-sized adults can fit in that thing.

Mike

Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Some people don’t like the box cars in general but the Cube is ugly even compared to other box cars. I've gotten used to them over the years and would have gone with the Soul or xB if given the choice. Although it seems like other factors including price fit into the purchasing decision.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 AM

51 posts, read 87,855 times
I bought an Accent a month ago, I love it! The warranty is also pretty good, the mileage is great, it looks great, it drives great as well. The best of all, it's one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) car in America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive