Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Lesser of the Evils....Accent, Versa or Aveo?
Hyundai Accent GS 2 door hatchback 16 40.00%
Nissan Versa (Either Hatch or Sedan) 20 50.00%
Chevy Aveo (Either Hatch or Sedan) 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:13 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,169,913 times

Advertisements

wait a few months and get the Ford Fiesta if it's in his price range.

my $.02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 02:44 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,075,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRUD View Post
How reliable are cars you are describing?
I am in the used car market myself...
I've heard mixed reactions with some people never having a problem and others have nightmares with various electrical, mechanical and interior trim issues. My family owned a VW New Beetle that is built on the same platform as that generation of Jetta and it was a terrible car that definitely left an awful taste in my mouth. My friend recently sold a 2003 Golf GTI (also on the same platform as that generation of Jetta) and his caused him nothing but grief until he grew tired of it. But then again, some people swear by how wonderful these cars are.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,169,913 times
thinking on it a bit more......

Toyota Yaris
Honda Fit

are they that much more than the other options?

Mike

Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,390,804 times
I always thought that the Fit was around the same price as a Versa, but admittedly I have not shopped for either. If the Fit is in the same range, I'd go with that, but of the three presented, the Versa is the one I'd pick.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-21-2009, 04:34 PM

29,449 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRUD View Post
How reliable are cars you are describing?
I am in the used car market myself...

Well , little things go wrong. Glove box door hinge alway's breaks, armrest latch will usually break. They also have some electrical gremlins, nothing major just small things. Most people that own TDI's learn how to repair everything themselves , since most of the dealerships don't know how to work on them. If you can deal with things like that you have a great car that will run for 200+k miles and get wonderful gas mileage. I've put 35k miles on mine with no issues. I love the car... my 3/4 ton Dodge/Cummins sits in the drive way now.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM

17,213 posts, read 57,052,961 times
Interesting that the Aveo is not getting any love here. Although, having driven one and a same-year Focus, the Aveo really lets you know that you only paid for a "cheap seat" in a million ways that the Focus does not.

For that matter why won't he consider the current Focus? It seems to be a pretty good car.

On all of these, unless I was stuck in San Fran or Seattle, I would definitely get the manual trans...

Old 08-22-2009, 07:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
If I remember correctly, the Versa only comes with the continously variable transmission, no manual. One only needs to open and close the door to an Aveo to feel the lack of quality. It feels flimsy. Though small, the Accent feels bigger on the inside. The Fit is more fun to drive with usable space with seats folded. My only problem with the Yaris is the speedometer is in the center of the dashboard instead of directly in front of the driver.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:21 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If I remember correctly, the Versa only comes with the continously variable transmission, no manual. One only needs to open and close the door to an Aveo to feel the lack of quality. It feels flimsy. Though small, the Accent feels bigger on the inside. The Fit is more fun to drive with usable space with seats folded. My only problem with the Yaris is the speedometer is in the center of the dashboard instead of directly in front of the driver.
Nope, I just took the 30 seconds to check the Nissan site and it comes with 6 speed manual or 4 speed auto.

Of the 3 in the OP I chose Versa. I agree that the Fit is in the same range and I like the Toyota Matrix as well.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:42 PM

229 posts, read 1,180,382 times
I voted for the Versa. I haven't driven one of the other two so maybe I'm bias. I like the Versa, it has a lot of space inside for such a small car. It's fuel efficient, has plenty of storage space, and peppy enough for someone not looking to drag race.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,904,578 times
Accent is my vote. Has a much better warranty and the Versa is so ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive