Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like buying vehicles that are made in Mexico?
I don't mind buying vehicles from Mexico. 44 53.01%
I will not buy vehicles from Mexico. 39 46.99%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
The Geo Prizm was produced by the GM/Toyota NUMMI partnership in Fremont, CA, not in Japan.
I never said it was made in Japan. You must have been confused with (Cultus/ Japan)...The Suzuki Swift is known as the Suzuki Cultus in Japan. I can understand why you were confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 AM

3,071 posts, read 8,020,368 times
Isn't the Chevy Aveo actually made by Daewoo? I sure do see a lot of these cars on the road nowadays. Love em' or hate em', they are good sellers.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 AM

115 posts, read 353,793 times
I dont mind made in Mexico so much, though Id prefer made in America, but with the huge cost of production in the U.s. its no wonder they outsource. I strongley avoid anything made in China ,mostley for political reasons

Old 07-19-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Isn't the Chevy Aveo actually made by Daewoo? I sure do see a lot of these cars on the road nowadays. Love em' or hate em', they are good sellers.
I can double check, but know many are made in Brasil. (It's a big market for the Aveo). They have proven to be good cars for the money, and reliable. I think they are made by Daewood. Will check.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I dont mind made in Mexico so much, though Id prefer made in America, but with the huge cost of production in the U.s. its no wonder they outsource. I strongley avoid anything made in China ,mostley for political reasons
That's a hard feat. Most things are made there, (well most cheap, everyday things we use).

Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 PM

115 posts, read 353,793 times
your right, it takes some effort, & it does limit your choices, but it can usually be done. alot of the stuff we dont need...its just crap we want ...for awhile & than we throw it away or it sits unused.
Ive been wanting to buy a new gas grill for 3 years, I just wont buy one made in China, & the only U.S. made ones I can find are out my my range, so I just limp my old one along.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:40 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,534 times
i wouldnt buy an HHR period.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,087 times
I will gladly buy any vehicle not!!! Made by the uaw. They donated millions to obama and are the ones pushing for national healthcare and amnesty. I will never buy a car made by them again. They are thugs and traitors to this country!!! My next car will also not be made in canada where the uaw has enormous power. Stop supporting those who choose to destroy this country. I don't owe the uaw anything - i hope they go under!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:24 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,419,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efftheuaw View Post
I will gladly buy any vehicle not!!! Made by the uaw. They donated millions to obama and are the ones pushing for national healthcare and amnesty. I will never buy a car made by them again. They are thugs and traitors to this country!!! My next car will also not be made in canada where the uaw has enormous power. Stop supporting those who choose to destroy this country. I don't owe the uaw anything - i hope they go under!!!

YES! Don't support American autoworkers!

Buy foreign products instead, since that is much better for the American economy.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,929,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efftheuaw View Post
The UAW is not in Canada. They have their own union, the CAW. (Canadian Auto Workers.) They are not related whatsoever except for the fact they are both unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive