Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 06:55 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times

Advertisements

00molavi - yep, I agree, the dealer, even if he knows about the Focus ST's modding history, isn't going to tell me about it or be honest about it. Also, a beautiful car like that why is the 2nd owner punting it? I am pretty sure it was driven hard, too. Sure is a good looker. I'm not going to be able to punt the idea of the modded 2014 Ford Focus ST just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 07:11 AM

Did not find the Veloster easy to enter and exit. Also had poor visibility IMO. Liked the manual tranny a lot!

atlguy44 - the ingress/egress thing with the Hyundai Veloster, I could live with it but the Mrs. will shoot the idea down in flames within a couple of minutes of me expressing interest in the handsome South Korean made car.

As for the visibility concern, I doubt the Ford Fiesta ST has much visibility out the back either, I could work with that to be able to enjoy Veloster's beautifully-designed hatchback. I love how Hyundai designers handled that. Like the Ford Fiesta ST - not much room in the back nor would would it be easy to see out the back. I'd be all right with it.

And the manual transmission, oh yeah, I would be eager to use the Veloster's stick shift and try it out. The YouTube car review crowd is generally positive about how Hyundai handled the Veloster's shifting duty. That's one thing I eagerly await about the Ford Fiesta ST, Focus ST or the Hyundai Veloster - shifting duty!

Old 06-07-2020, 01:56 PM

17,355 posts, read 12,311,581 times
Yeah one thing I really like about the direction Hyundai/Kia have been going in with their manual transmissions is that you can get the top trim with one not just the bargain basement model. They've pretty much replaced Honda in the fun, reliable, affordable cars department.

Old 06-07-2020, 03:36 PM

Yeah one thing I really like about the direction Hyundai/Kia have been going in with their manual transmissions is that you can get the top trim with one not just the bargain basement model. They've pretty much replaced Honda in the fun, reliable, affordable cars department.

notnamed - seeing your post reminded me of another car to long for - the late model 2016 and/on Kia Forte5 - they're calling it the Kia Forte SWX or some such name now, no longer the Forte5. I'll get the name figured out because I have the car memorized. It looks very good to me and, what's more, if it sits up a bit higher than the Kia Forte GT, she'll be way more agreeable to buying it.

If I had my druthers say tomorrow, if I could go car shopping, I'd go test drive the modded 2014 Ford Focus ST in Race Red selling for $14,991. It has 48,000+ miles on it - low miles for a 2014 car. That's located in Dallas.

Then I'd go another 190 miles east to the Oklahoma City area to test drive that 2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec 6-speed in Phantom Black. That's got 13,777 miles on it and it's selling for $17,300.

Probably the safer buy that would include more of the manufacturer's Warranty would be the Hyundai Veloster R-Spec.

Lastly, I am one who just can't take a long look at a Honda Civic, Fit, Accord or anything else they build. Their cars are so ugly. The way I describe them is they look like one of the designer's 5 year old kids draw the body designs up on their Etch-a-Sketch.

Last edited by elkotronics; 06-07-2020 at 03:48 PM..

Old 06-08-2020, 03:29 PM

The OKC-area dealer has dropped the price of my top-choice car to want to buy by $500. It's now priced to sell at only $16,800. It's now just $800 over what my self-set top price to offer anyone selling me a car is. I set that at $16,000 for either a new or used car. It's now set so close to that $16,000 price that I feel the amount could be dickered down or I could decide to trade in our 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed and see how much they'd offer. They normally sell BMW's at this dealership so I don't think my 2011 Kia Soul is going to get much of an offer. I could just sell our car myself online and just go test drive and negotiate a bit. They have dropped the price of the car $1,160 since May 28th.To me that's a high-volume dealership that aggressively wants to move cars - new or used. That's not necessarily bad if they have what you want. And this one does have what I want. I don't like black on a 2016-2019 Ford Fiesta ST or a 2013-2018 Ford Focus ST much at all.

But I do like the Phantom Black's look on this 2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec. I'm pumped by this dicker down and would love to head east next block of days off to go test drive. Now's the time it seems.

2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec 6-speed stick

The look from the front is interestingly similar to how Mitsubishi styled the front end of my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. The similarity is in how the headlights come down from off the hood. It's the angle I'm talking about, because the grilles of the two cars are decidingly different. I love that race-ready look - Ford did a great job with the front end looks of both the Fiesta ST and the Focus ST, too. I prefer the 2008 and/on Mitsu Lancer GT/GTS or this 2019-2020 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec design, though. I like the '19-'20 Veloster design right down to the crease-lines on the side of the body.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in Rally Red paint

Last edited by elkotronics; 06-08-2020 at 03:55 PM..

Old 06-10-2020, 11:54 AM

2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec

https://www.futuremotoring.com/2019-...d-impressions/

If any of y'all like this new 2019-2020 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec, which is only available with the 6-speed stick, read and enjoy this article. I was waiting to read an article like this, which compares this Veloster to the beloved 2014-2019 Ford Fiesta ST, and it compares favorably to the discontinued Ford. The comparisons come belting out at you and this new Hyundai basically is the car to get in a newer version since we can't buy a new Ford Fiesta ST anymore. Great read - I've bookmarked it on my favorites list and I'll be reading it again.

Now I'm not thinking any other car - when I buy is another story. But this is the car I want next to enjoy.

Last edited by elkotronics; 06-10-2020 at 12:35 PM..

Old 06-14-2020, 06:56 AM

2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec in Phantom Black

This car, because of it's great body styling, can be Phantom Black and look great. Even in the sunny, hot southwest desert. Love this car and will give it a try to make it mine. It's not going to be easy, believe me.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:54 PM

2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec in 6-speeds and Phantom Black paint

This one sold yesterday. The online price yesterday was down to $16,500. That is the best price I've seen anywhere for one of these 2019-2020 Hyundai Veloster R-Specs. I watched the price drop from $17,800 to $16,500 IIRC. Wow. Coulda-shoulda-woulda.

It's not in me to stop the hunt until the hunt is over, so it's on to the next one and one day I'll actually pounce on one of 'em.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:03 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,761,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I don't know if any of y'all like the 2013-2018 Ford Focus ST or the 2014 - 2019 Ford Fiesta ST but I kind of have a hankering for both of those Ford's. I have found a 2014 Ford Focus ST for sale in a neighboring state that I really like. It's a Race Red one with some nice modifications done to it. I like the Custom Butler Built Twin Hood Scoops/Cold Air Induction, 2.0L GTDI EcoBoost Turbocharged I-4 Engine, 6-Speed Manual Gearbox w/Aftermarket Shifter, Fully Adjustable Front Splitter, Michelin Tires, 18" 5-Spoke OEM Wheels (the Ford OEM Rado Grey wheels look especially choice on this particular car), Aluminum Interior Trim, Two-Tone Black/Gray "ST" Cloth Interior, the Race Red exterior in primo paint condition, MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust, Aftermarket Intake Manifold, Aftermarket Engine Mounts, Rear Spoiler, and the Leather-Wrapped "ST" Wheel w/Vehicle Controls. This car looks to have been lovingly treated by its two owners. The car has 48,579 miles on it and the used car dealer is asking $14,991 for it. Here's a look at it:

On one hand I like everything about it but I'm a little hesitant with so many aftermarket updates done to the red rocket. I'm not one to go apepoop with aftermarket items. But, having said that, the guy or guys that gussied this pup up did a painstakingly good job with it. It looks great ta me. And priced just south of $15,000 it doesn't exactly break the bank, either.
I think the Fiesta ST is most fun car for under $14k you can buy right now but people just won't buy it. It's more fun than the Focus ST, it's quite tossable for a FWD car and just about every FWD cars today are not as tossable. I was shocked when I drove a Civic SI 16' and it behaves more like my old 2001 Accord V6, smooth but not as agile as Civic of old.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:07 PM

1,981 posts, read 6,882,835 times
Yes, the Fiesta ST is fun, not sure how the reliability is. Also, I think Ford is not going to produce it any more. Not that you buy a car for resale but still.

Speaking of Accord, a V6 Accord coupe with the manual is a great car too. Probably more forgiving ride for the long haul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive