Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:07 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,075,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
She's here in town? One thing that helps with AC is if there is NO glass moonroof. I don't know if the high end Fiestas have them. I've ruled out several vehicles because they have a panoramic glass roof with no way to delete it and no way to special order it. I've often thought the product managers responsible for that should be forced to live in Las Vegas or Phoenix for the summer.

I also wish automobile manufacturers offered an option for a higher capacity AC unit for the desert.
The sad thing is cars with heavy duty AC are available. Just not here. They are sold in Saudi and the UAE all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,907,572 times
You guys are reminding me of the good ole days when I had an RX7 in college and then an RX8 up until about 10 years ago. I drove that Lexus and yeah it was awesome too, but the Mazdas were just unbeatable for the prices they went at when used and the great gas mileage.

I can definitely feel a mid-life crisis coming on whenever the rumored RX9 hits the streets.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times
I can definitely feel a mid-life crisis coming on whenever the rumored RX9 hits the streets.

Would that be like the Mazda RX-8 and have a rotary engine, perhaps?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:47 AM

2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R-Spec in what Hyundai calls Phantom Black

I had to find some dirt on this car, and I did. People are complaining that their paint is chipping too easily on their Hyundai Velosters. Humm. Perhaps some kind of F11 coating to protect it would need to be lovingly applied right away after purchasing this little mighty-might, eh?

Old 06-02-2020, 09:09 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,907,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Would that be like the Mazda RX-8 and have a rotary engine, perhaps?
Rumors are that the RX-9, if it comes, won't have a rotary. Its supposed to be a direct competitor to the Supra with pretty similar engine specs.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Rumors are that the RX-9, if it comes, won't have a rotary. Its supposed to be a direct competitor to the Supra with pretty similar engine specs.

That sounds good - I'd love to see the car. Even though it sounds like it will be a fast car, I actually like the Hyundai Veloster/Ford Focus ST/Ford Fiesta ST sized hatchbacks over larger coupes and sedans.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:14 PM

26,242 posts, read 49,145,261 times
This thread was moved to Automotive from Las Vegas forum and is now open for discussion IAW the title.

The discussion of helping Katie buy a car or fix her current one remains in the Las Vegas forum IAW that title.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-04-2020 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-04-2020, 03:39 PM

All right, I'm gonna open my inquiries on the gorgeous Hyundai Veloster by asking you one question to start out the fun. I have heard (just yesterday) that some people are irritated by their Hyundai Veloster's paint job being too thin. They're getting too many rock chips and such.

I would handle that by getting some F-11 wipe on coating for my Veloster and put as hard a shell coating especially on the front of the car as I can.

Thoughts on this?

2019 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec Turbo 6-speed in Phantom Black

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-25-2021 at 03:20 PM..

Old 06-04-2020, 04:17 PM

1,981 posts, read 6,882,835 times
I have the Vitamin C 2016. There are some chips on the lower portion of the bumper. The rest is fine.

These are not more that what I have had on my other cars. The front is lower, I am on the fwy almost all the time, not good at keeping a wide gap, even then in LA, someone else is going to squeeze in. Also, one of my major complaints is the gravel trucks that drive around half empty with no cover. I can hear the chirping on my car as I am somewhere behind them on the fwy.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:24 PM

I have the Vitamin C 2016. There are some chips on the lower portion of the bumper. The rest is fine.

These are not more that what I have had on my other cars. The front is lower, I am on the fwy almost all the time, not good at keeping a wide gap, even then in LA, someone else is going to squeeze in. Also, one of my major complaints is the gravel trucks that drive around half empty with no cover. I can hear the chirping on my car as I am somewhere behind them on the fwy.

I hate that too when the trucks are letting rocks fly out of the holds like that. Nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive