Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 09:34 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,208,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Sounds to me more like a yankee who lost his $75 an hour UAW job.
Nah, he lives in Wyoming lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 AM

21 posts, read 49,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1234 View Post
Americans who drive non-American cars are dip****s, i think they should be deported to the country the car they drive is from

u sir are dumb... do u know what jdm is ??and also dsm cars are... ???

who puts together a dsm car???
yes your american car was built in america, but where did the parts come from and o yes are they metric???

i drive a car that gets 50MPG and is also a 92!!! i dont even have to say wich country produced the car because its well known...
i havnt spend a dime on any repairs and im at 156,000 miles... how much do u spend on gas a year?? wich is converted to Israeli profit!!rather then puting it back into your local economy.

i also own a chevy duramax..... do u know what that is??? its has a isuzu power plant in it... wich makes 650hp not governd
----side note... first one i rode in had after market exhaust and edge stage 5... told him to stop at 140mph was an 01...... opps and intake

i also have owned tons of fords a total of 6 from 84 to 98 all diesell
wich where all crap,, edit /// i did like my 97 powerstroke with glasspacks was really fun ... but it did cost me... i could tell it needed new glow plugs at 90k but arg

, but if u like ford then just go out and buy a jaguar because thats the only good ford u can buy now a days

2001 dodge 2500 diesell..... was the bigest lemon i have ever drove... bought brand new for 36k and prob have at LEAST 9k in repair!!! and if u wanted to include what it would of costed me without warranty prob 28k has 132k....is siting again because its broke lol ... i can push the clutch in with my finger... could it be the slave?? i think its a fluid prob

im at 125k with my 04 duramax no repair costs so far!!!!!!
my 08 duramax 40k is good so far too!!!!
2003 dodge 3500 diesell.... power steering problems at 35k
2004 ford powerstroke 35k no problems.... although it feels like their is ALOT of body roll... is that normal?? freaks me out

that and hey guys this is my first post

Last edited by dunlop; 02-01-2009 at 04:25 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Wow, we buy gas that is converted to "Israeli profit", eh? Thats amazing!

Soooooo, if I deciphered your post right, you used to drive diesel trucks and now drive a junky econocar that gets 52 mpg?

And FYI, Duramax diesels did not generate 650 hp. lol Where do you come up with this stuff???

Old 02-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

Soooooo, if I deciphered your post right, you used to drive diesel trucks and now drive a junky econocar that gets 52 mpg?

And FYI, Duramax diesels did not generate 650 hp. lol Where do you come up with this stuff???

i drive both ... diesell = work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i dont need a big diesell truck to to my bidding, then i use something practical!!!!! everything has a purpose.

most i payed for diesell last year to fill up was 138 bucks for 29.6 gal of diesell!!!!!!! and it wasnt even 550 ppm!!!

i went threw that in a DAY.. i drive alot, and pull a 30'' trailer ..... man the guy that owns that gas station is rich!!!!! looks up at steve-o
good thing we get all our oil from the states and dont send it anywhere

-----if ya look close u can see my truck door... yay duramax!!!

yes 650hp.. just because the truck has 350 off the showroom floor doesnt mean the engine only can put out 350hp.. stock its 350hp with 650fpt
if u unlock the engine with a chip u will get 650hp with 900fpt.

look it up! or better yet, go drive, or ride in one before u say anything else about it

also did u know u can go 70mph and shift into first and the truck with just slowly downshift... no jerking no sudden motion or anything....
i had some guy show me it in his duramax lol im way to scared to do it on either of mine though.
i luv the engine brake system on it!!! on the 08 it feels like they changed the map and also engine brakes faster

edit---- u have to have a GMC and it has to be chiped to break the governor...
also the 04 durmax truck i said i have is a 06 ... i traded the o4 in with 132k broken windsheild and torn leather driverseat ... and got 18500 on trade in YAY
06 has 125k

Last edited by dunlop; 02-01-2009 at 04:35 PM..

Old 02-01-2009, 05:21 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I see some of you hate american cars and would take anything foreign any day over american.

Is there a specific make/model/year you hate? or do you just hate all american cars regardless of who made it and when?

I can agree some of today's foreign cars hold up better than american, but I believe there was once a time 36 years ago when an american car was built to last and foreign car manufacturers were not built very well at all.
I hate ANY Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler product built after the early seventies.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop View Post
u sir are dumb... do u know what jdm is ??and also dsm cars are... ???

who puts together a dsm car???
yes your american car was built in america, but where did the parts come from and o yes are they metric???

i drive a car that gets 50MPG and is also a 92!!! i dont even have to say wich country produced the car because its well known...
i havnt spend a dime on any repairs and im at 156,000 miles... how much do u spend on gas a year?? wich is converted to Israeli profit!!rather then puting it back into your local economy.

i also own a chevy duramax..... do u know what that is??? its has a isuzu power plant in it... wich makes 650hp not governd
----side note... first one i rode in had after market exhaust and edge stage 5... told him to stop at 140mph was an 01...... opps and intake

i also have owned tons of fords a total of 6 from 84 to 98 all diesell
wich where all crap,, edit /// i did like my 97 powerstroke with glasspacks was really fun ... but it did cost me... i could tell it needed new glow plugs at 90k but arg

, but if u like ford then just go out and buy a jaguar because thats the only good ford u can buy now a days

2001 dodge 2500 diesell..... was the bigest lemon i have ever drove... bought brand new for 36k and prob have at LEAST 9k in repair!!! and if u wanted to include what it would of costed me without warranty prob 28k has 132k....is siting again because its broke lol ... i can push the clutch in with my finger... could it be the slave?? i think its a fluid prob

im at 125k with my 04 duramax no repair costs so far!!!!!!
my 08 duramax 40k is good so far too!!!!
2003 dodge 3500 diesell.... power steering problems at 35k
2004 ford powerstroke 35k no problems.... although it feels like their is ALOT of body roll... is that normal?? freaks me out

that and hey guys this is my first post
I feel your pain there!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop View Post
i drive both ... diesell = work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i dont need a big diesell truck to to my bidding, then i use something practical!!!!! everything has a purpose.

most i payed for diesell last year to fill up was 138 bucks for 29.6 gal of diesell!!!!!!! and it wasnt even 550 ppm!!!

i went threw that in a DAY.. i drive alot, and pull a 30'' trailer ..... man the guy that owns that gas station is rich!!!!! looks up at steve-o
good thing we get all our oil from the states and dont send it anywhere

-----if ya look close u can see my truck door... yay duramax!!!

yes 650hp.. just because the truck has 350 off the showroom floor doesnt mean the engine only can put out 350hp.. stock its 350hp with 650fpt
if u unlock the engine with a chip u will get 650hp with 900fpt.

look it up! or better yet, go drive, or ride in one before u say anything else about it

also did u know u can go 70mph and shift into first and the truck with just slowly downshift... no jerking no sudden motion or anything....
i had some guy show me it in his duramax lol im way to scared to do it on either of mine though.
i luv the engine brake system on it!!! on the 08 it feels like they changed the map and also engine brakes faster

edit---- u have to have a GMC and it has to be chiped to break the governor...
also the 04 durmax truck i said i have is a 06 ... i traded the o4 in with 132k broken windsheild and torn leather driverseat ... and got 18500 on trade in YAY
06 has 125k
This is my daily driver and it took me over $75 in fuel to deliver that particular tractor 30 miles north and then back home again through the hills....I almost need an OPEC tanker following me around.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/Revbigdaddy/abbotts240.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
This is my daily driver and it took me over $75 in fuel to deliver that particular tractor 30 miles north and then back home again through the hills....I almost need an OPEC tanker following me around.

ouch.. i have that same trailer ... it kicks ass!!! can u flip up the back of the trailer?? the part that is ontop of the loading ramps?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:50 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

Um, some Duramax diesels do that 650hp plus some!!! And yes, I know this truck inside and out. My best friend owns it. I helped build it and race it.
Attached Thumbnails
For the american car haters-orange-crush.jpg  

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
I do not want to take chances...My time is money...Plus I do not want my wife to be stranded somewhere. I do not have time to deal with headaches.

To be fair, I have rented several American Cars on business trips. The one I liked was the Pontiac Grand Am. It felt peppy for a small Car. However, when it comes down to it ... I stick with Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura...BMW is a close 2nd, but only because I love the way they drive....I have had some electrical issues with them. again, I would not pass up on a z06 vette...but my wife won't let me buy one

Something for you to consider if you think American cars are not just as good as over rated toyodas and hondas;

I Think it's Interesting!
For the record...

Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions after 9/11
An interesting commentary...You might find this of
interest:

'CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford
and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in
New York and Washington .

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching
employee contributions of the same number plus 10
Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered
ER response team services and office space to displaced
government employees.

2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching
employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of
vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the
children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new
motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept
11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of
the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best
sales month ever in August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing..

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences
via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in
July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website

Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease
a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more
consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned
and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai
and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed
nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ...

It's OK for these companies to take money out of
this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to
return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget
things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their
attention..

BUY YOUR NEXT VEHICLE FROM GM, FORD OR CHRYSLER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive