Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,259,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Yes because in your mind, every guy who drives a nice car can't really afford it. I shouldn't have to defend my personal preferences. It's my right. I'm soo done with this topic.
I think you portray an "I want - I want", "I'm worth it - I'm worth it" and "me-me" image as well as being a gold digger of soughts and high maintenance.

So the opinions of such who responded to you is the result.

Yes you're entitled to you preferences, but don't expect it to be accepted by a good percentage of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,658,678 times
Quote:
An unemployed man could never afford to pay that.
A person can could lease an expensive vehicle with great credit and proof of enough funds to cover the lease. Trust me on that one.

Some people do not have jobs, just access to money. I had a boyfriend who didn't work (he was a trust fund baby) and he bought two really expensive cars (and a house) in a one year period solely based on his assets.

Moderator cut: Off topic comment

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 10-31-2012 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,280,966 times
Quote:
I don't care if the car is safe and reliable I'm just not interested in men whose automobiles are older than 3-4 years old.
Basically, you prefer a wealthy man that is constantly making a payment towards an automobile.

I prefer to drive my car until the repair costs are bigger than monthly payments for a new, but similar car. It's financially responsible, but you prefer a gadget being the latest all the time no matter the cost.

*sigh*

Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,280,966 times
I guess spending money on a car is more important for a gold digger than spending money on the gold digger.

Women, how do they work?

Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I guess spending money on a car is more important for a gold digger than spending money on the gold digger.

Women, how do they work?
Please let me know when you find out.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM

521 posts, read 766,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but based on your comments you obviously do not.
I'm not here to prove myself to you.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 AM

2,037 posts, read 3,008,083 times
Quote:
The vast majority of people who drive really expensive cars do not OWN them...they lease them. You can lease a Rolls Royce for about $2000-3000+ per month.

ETA: Only "new" money tends to throw money away on status cars. The very wealthy (old money or hard earned money) tend to drive less conspicuous cars. Seriously, don't be fooled by the car someone drives. It really is not an true indication of wealth.
kinda...most of those either born into wealth or who are less ostentatious dont drive around in a bentley (even though they could afford it), but they do not drive hyundais either.

Is less flashy a 500 series or e class compared to a lambo or something? I guess so, but it is not a clunker.

I was recently in a very exclusive area of Colorado and was looking at the cars in front of homes and in the wholefoods parking lot and they were almost all late model expensive cars.

also, most of the time old money socializes with old money so the average sara or joe does not really hob-nob with them.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM

2,037 posts, read 3,008,083 times
Quote:
Men spend so much time trying to figure out what "smoking hot" girls want and then they get mad when they realize that girls like this tend to want the guys that have the best "toys" and trappings of wealth.

The fact that this girl reacted in such a manner should have made you breath a sigh of relief that she showed you what she was really about...so why the need to create a thread about it?

I have my own "nice" car (a C-class) so I don't need to have a guy with a status car to make myself feel good. The most important thing is that a guy keeps his car clean and in good condition. There is nothing more disrespectful than a guy picking a girl up in a dirty car.

Oh and one more thing. I really hope that guys don't envy other guys with better "toys" because those guys are not always good guys. I have dated and had boyfriends with some really expensive cars and these guys tend to want the image of status and a "status" girlfriend....and they often lack some critical attributes of being good men. Remember that Chris Brown beat the crap on of Rihanna while they were in his Lamborghini....definitely not a good guy.
True. Very True. All of what you say is true.

A fact: I have never seen a non-smoking hot woman get out of an Italian sportscar where an under 40 man was behind the wheel. I have seen plenty of average of below average looking women get out of average cars though.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,210,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I keep hearing these stories about these obnoxious girls, and I have yet to meet one real woman who would EVER say that or one mature, nice girl who ever said out loud they wanted a guy with a nice car. Clean, running, reliable? Sure. Fancy? Never.
You guys must pick some real hoochies.
Don't you live in the Dallas area? I've seen you post several times in there so... You should know that there's a LOT of girls in the Uptown/SMU/Highland Park area who are like the OP described. Very materialistic, that's how they grew up, that's all they know.

To the OP... I wouldn't worry about it too much. One of the best gifts I think life can give you is to be raised without a lot of money (not meaning poor per se, but just working middle class even) and to become successful to be able to afford the nice car, nice house, etc. You will appreciate them far more than someone who was just given those things and who expects them from a significant other.

My wife came from a very poor area in Brazil, her parents have a car, but it's a "car" in name only, has about 50 hp, no a/c, no power anything, torn cloth interior, etc. She came to this country not even knowing english, but worked her ass off and made something of herself.

THOSE are the types of women you should be caring whether they talk to you or not, because if times get tough, they'll be right there with you, and not ditch you because the car you can afford isn't up to their standards.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 AM

"The poorer" are people too.

So I guess if I drive a domestic 2000-2002 model year car I'm not good enough for at least some women.

Their loss and no skin off my nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive