Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,672,790 times

Advertisements

All I do know, I have had some decent cars, like a 3 year old Camaro, with tasteful wheels, that I cleaned up real nice, nothing to flashy, just really clean, I used to race often as a hobby. Alot of women, used to be put off from me, but as they got to know me and saw I did it because I enjoyed it, I was doing it for myself not for attention, I couldn't give a **** if anyone else cared or not. Once they saw that it was my hobby and I was pretty passionate about me and knew me, they understood, and we became friends, couple of them used to love coming out to racing events and car shows with me. Luckily my now wife understood me the whole time. It was funny having a conversation with people that after they got to know me that they thought I was a self involved ******* based on my car.

For alot of woman, I do think alot of them liked a man with reliable transportation, on a car in good working order and looks ok. Not something that hasn't been washed in 4 years, and is falling apart around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,768,937 times
Sometime, back around '03 (the model year of the OP's car) I believe MSN Autos put together information regarding who drives what. I remember clearly this era's Altima had a really high percentage of 30-40 something female owners... something like 80%. That car was always pretty "femimine looking" to begin with IMO. Apparently things haven't changed much, 10 years later, coming in at #2 in this

10 most popular cars for moms - Yahoo! Autos

Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,831,164 times
A woman like that is not worth the time and effort. Move on to one that's worth pursuing.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 PM

24,718 posts, read 17,456,925 times
My fun car is a replica of a 1965 427 Cobra and it really turns heads both with its classic race car looks and loud side pipes. In the past girls have really liked the car and the funny thing was the first time I gave the woman that would eventually become my wife a ride she said it was nice but said "what is wrong with the muffler?"
She doesn't understand why a girl would be attracted to a guy with a flashy car and maybe that is why I married her.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,345,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Sometime, back around '03 (the model year of the OP's car) I believe MSN Autos put together information regarding who drives what. I remember clearly this era's Altima had a really high percentage of 30-40 something female owners... something like 80%. That car was always pretty "femimine looking" to begin with IMO. Apparently things haven't changed much, 10 years later, coming in at #2 in this

10 most popular cars for moms - Yahoo! Autos
A large majority of women I know are not into cars and just want something reliable and practical which is pretty much what this list is made up of. Cars I hear being referred to as “cute” are more like a Mini Cooper, VW Beetle, Golf, Jetta, and older Mazda Miatas.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,827,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I bought my 2003 Nissan Altima almost 4 years ago, paid $11k for it in March 2009 at 57k miles, it now has about 121,500 miles (yes I drive a LOT) I wash my car 4 times a month, and wax it twice a month. I also keep the interior vacuumed and have "vent sticks" air fresheners in the "Black Ice" scent. Its got a few dents and scratches but it runs beautifully, is good on gas, and I've never had anything major go wrong with it yet, other then blowing a few speakers (Thanks LMFAO)

The other day after work, a very good looking girl had wanted to apprach me but then stopped before she could even initiate any conversation and said "Oh my God, you drive THAT?" as if it were the most repulsing thing she had seen in her life.

Considering I spend so much time and money on the upkeep of my car, I was a bit insulted and replied with "Yeah, do you have a problem with my car?" and she said "Yeah, I thought you were really cute and I wanted to talk to you, but I'm sorry I can't be seen with a guy in a car like yours, don't your parents own a BMW or Mercedes you can borrow?" I told her no and that my family wasn't rich like hers (I work in a grocery store in a VERY wealthy area) and I got into my car and drove home for the day

Now ladies, does it matter to you, even just a little what kind of car your man drives? If not, does it matter how clean its kept, running right, reliable?

Does "THAT" car below look like junk to you?
You worry too much about that stuck up b****es oppinion Davie. If there is one thing I CANNOT STAND....is some yuppie broad having a problem with my manliness. Good riddance if you ask me.

Lone Wolf McQuade (Best Scene) - YouTube

Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 PM

Perhaps the guy I have to help change his battery is more to their liking.

It AIN'T me babe!

John Cafferty - Voice of America's Sons - YouTube

Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 PM

That was a "goodin' "!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM

994 posts, read 1,596,087 times
Good thing I drive a Taurus. I don't think that's a chick magnet! (I don't care anyways.)

Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,137,920 times
Consider yourself lucky she moved on - You really don't want to be in a relationship with someone like that - I keep my cars at least 10 years and if that turns some guy off "tuff noogies". I'm actually more concerned with the person's driving ability and if the seats are clean - By the way your car looks very nice, you can tell you take care of it -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive