Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,755,424 times

Advertisements

I could give you our phone # to verify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,549,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Does "THAT" car below look like junk to you?
Not at all.

But I can tell, without even looking at the girl, she's definitely junk.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,549,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Because it usually says a lot about the man and his status in society. It proves that he has financial stability which is a major plus when seeking a potential mate.
It usually says a lot about a man's perception of his own status in society.

As for financial stability when seeking a mate, a guy with a car loan is far less stable than a guy that owns a car free and clear.

If all this is so important, shouldn't women have to prove their financial stability by driving a fancy car too?

Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,555 times
What makes so many of you assume that people that have a nice car are up to their eyeballs in debt? While I agree there are a whole bunch of people who live beyond their means thanks to the credit which will eventually hang them there are also those who can easily afford something nice if they desire it and without borrowing a cent. Its been a consistent theme here and for no good reason. Or is it like the Aesop's fable where the fox that cannot reach the grapes says they are not ripe? I'm pretty sure that hits near the mark for many who have posted here.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,193,172 times
To me, the only downside to that car is that it's a very generic sedan, for about the same money you could have a Miata, which would be just as dependable, but a bit sportier. Or a Prelude, older VW Cabbie, or a vintage Mustang, Camaro, Baracuda, etc. etc.

4-banger, 4 doors, slushbox, and tin top do not add up to an exciting guy's ride. Too utilitarian.

Now the gal who just wants you in something new and expensive - and does not know anything about cars - different story, forget her.

That said, get your job situation improved before you change cars - this one is "the Devil you know" and has served you well as utilitarian transportation, which you will need as you graduate to a better job.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,193,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I don't care if the car is safe and reliable I'm just not interested in men whose automobiles are older than 3-4 years old.
Good, because we real car guys with cars like E30 M3s that are going UP in value would not be interested in you either. Insisting on a car "newer than X" is a very shallow way to judge value, both of the car and particularly the man.

You would probably think the M was a 325i with a body kit anyway.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,161,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You have a Commodore or Falcon?
I inherited a Mazda 3 from my mother (who inherited it from my sister). Not my kinda car, but it's pretty decent.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,210,848 times
I wonder which mod moved this here? This is a DATING question.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,705,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I inherited a Mazda 3 from my mother (who inherited it from my sister). Not my kinda car, but it's pretty decent.
Oh ok, you Aussies REALLY don't know how lucky you are having those big RWD sedans and utes.
FPV F6 Turbo w/ 6 speed manual and/or HSV Maloo w/ 6 speed manual = Yes please.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM

774 posts, read 2,606,002 times
First let me say that anyone (male or female) that is that superficial has no place in your life to begin with. You should thank her as long term she would have turned into a royal PITA. Thankfully you got to see it right away.

As for the gold diggers... Yeah there are a lot of them out there. Just a quick story.. A buddy of mine is VERY well off and young.. He started his own company around 21yrs old and has never looked back.. He has a few "highend" cars. Back in the days when I was single we use to play a game.....

We would hit a local bar/restaurant and one of us would drive the "highend" car. It never failed... The guy driving got the gold digger Errr girl that night. One buddy of mine took a gold digger home with him.. Woke up the next morning and said " damn it's late.. Gotta return the Porsche.. She hit the roof and stormed out...

Be glad you avoided the whole thing right from the start...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive