Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 AM

929 posts, read 2,722,039 times

Advertisements

I think these paint treatments are good products. But there are things to consider: Do you wish to keep your paint shiney ? So many people could care less. Can you do the work yourself or afford to have it done?
The dealer I go to has Auto Butler. They charge something like 500 bucks and it is warrantied for 3 to 5 years.
Customer comes back twice a year for the reapplication. This is usually done while they service the car and get a mini detail along with the renewal of paint sealer. The cars look great and I think they charge 12.00 bucks for the renewal and mini detail. Customers seem happy and their cars are shiney like new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,983 times
What do you think of Ammo products in comparison to the Mothers products? I'm not completely sold on Simoniz.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 7,873 times
Oh I wish I'd seen this yesterday

Old 01-16-2015, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,306 times
I certainly wish I had read this, I just pumped in a crap load of money into this, and I even noticed a dull color to the interior, and now even though they say they will fix it, I have a brand new car that I got suckered into getting this for... damn you Toyota, since the Lexus is the same... oh man... and oh well...

Old 01-16-2015, 03:00 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,047,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
At one time I had as many as seventeen show cars that I maintained myself. Over the years I've tried all the "high end" products - Zaino, Klasse, Duragloss, Sovereign (sic?) and can assure you they do nothing that a $10 bottle of Megs or Turtle Wax will do. It all comes down to surface preparation, already referenced earlier in this thread:
Wash==>clay==>cleaner==>polish==>wax

Once you've prepped the surface, apply whatever wax you like and reapply every 3-4 months and you won't have to prep again for a long time and the car will look like new for many, many years. Most of those high end products sell to a cult like following and more power to them. Corvette owners love Zaino because the owner drives a Corvette.

The most recent Consumer Reports ratings of waxes put NXT 2.0 at the top, pick it up at Wally World for $12 a bottle, do your can about ten times with the one bottle. $1.20 or $800, the choice is up to the consumer.
Perfect and truthful response. Owners of vehicles want to find a magical shortcut to keep the car looking good. There is none. Keep the crap off the vehicle and maintain it as the cost would warrant. If you own a disposable car, you can treat it as such. If you own a valuable car, treat it as such. If you own a classic car, ....

Old 02-11-2015, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 7,125 times
Default simoniz not as good

Just bought new chevy equinox have small scratch dont want them to buff out, can make swirls hood.they will simoniz it to protect it..free.this is the only thing that can be done other than a repaint that might not match...do u think the simonoz will help

Old 02-11-2015, 09:07 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans63 View Post
Just bought new chevy equinox have small scratch dont want them to buff out, can make swirls hood.they will simoniz it to protect it..free.this is the only thing that can be done other than a repaint that might not match...do u think the simonoz will help
Why would you want to protect a scratch. Polish it out and make it swirl free and than use whatever you want to protect it

Old 03-31-2015, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,852 times
Thanks for this post. I declined the coating for $695 .. I thought about it with the dogs, bikes, etc... More for the interior ... Setting reminders on my phone to wax!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 6,377 times
We bought a brand new mustang and got the special coating what a mess washed and dryed the car and have so many water spots on it that wont come off. Our son has the same problems. What now we have the cars back at the dealers and they are putting in claims but we talked to Simoniz and they claim they have heard of no problems and have had no claims even though we put in a claim 1 week ago and our son has had a claim.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:15 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
Simoniz is garbage.

Water spots will come off with a good claybar, cleaner,a polish, and a wax. Same method any good detailer uses. The product is a gimmick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive