Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:31 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
^Like I said, I use and have been using Meguiar's tech wax since it's introduction on my wife's car. I use Zaino on my show truck. I will admit I was disappointed at first until I got the hang of using it. But I decided to give it a 2nd and 3rd try since I did have so much invested before I started to see the amazing results. The tech wax doesn't give the "pop" that I get from Zaino. Trust me, I'm not one of those guys that falls victim to message board bling and car show rabble. If I were I'd also swear by AmsOil.
use the tech 2.0.. Its a whole lot better then the original tech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,578,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
use the tech 2.0.. Its a whole lot better then the original tech.
I do. Check the first post on the second page.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/15970747-post11.html

Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 17,092 times
Where Can I sell my car online?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM
kob

1 posts, read 16,819 times
If it is such a scam how are they providing a 7 year warranty for your paint job--while the original manufacturer warranty provides no paint warranty? I have to say Simoniz has been around lon enough to know what the heck they're doing and a 7 year warranty is a pretty good indicator of how confident they are of the product.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 16,577 times
Default protecting paint of new car

Hi! Has anyone heard of the Simoniz GlassCoat, offered by new car dealers? Apparently, it causes a chemical reaction and forms a ceramic glass resin - and comes with a 7 year warranty. Sound like it would save me lots of elbow grease (which I'm short of), and help maintain value of my new car. Just wondering if anyone has had a direct experience with this?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,647,124 times
Quote:
Zaino is good, but very expensive. Try off the counter Maguirers NXT 2.0. You won't be sorry. Its every bit as good as Zaino at 1/4 the price.
I have used both in depth... You are right. For Tue most part, but I think zaino does that 2% better shine but that is more related to prep work.

But protection and durability.... Zaino hands down. A lot of work up front but long term upkeep and maintenance. Zaino is easier. I ages with above its about getting the hang of it.

Also zaino uses a lot less... I had to throw my stuff out as lasted over 5 years and I was a detail fiend.

If I had a show vehie I would try all the crazy glazes, poorboys, and stuff on the detail forums that change up with the times. If I had a car I drove a lot and went to shows with. Zaino... I remember hiding my car down, not touching it and driving to a car meet, and people say it looked lol I just spent all day detailing when I hadn't zaino'd in two months.

Comparing zaino and nxt is like buying a new KIA Rio vs a fully loaded Toyota candy. Both get Tue job done, one looks a little better. But long term one is a lot better.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:54 AM

106,621 posts, read 108,773,903 times
i like klasse products. expensive but very high quality products.

the klasse all in one and the sealent glaze on top look just great.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Zaino is good, but very expensive. Try off the counter Maguirers NXT 2.0. You won't be sorry. Its every bit as good as Zaino at 1/4 the price.
That is what I use exclusively Best wax out there.

When I got my car back from the shop, they used Klasse on it... it was okay, but not good enough. I literally drove three blocks to Kragen right after I picked it up and got a new bottle of NXT 2.0 and a clay bar... clay barred it (which takes awhile), and then did a layer of NXT and polished it off with a microfiber towel to get that mirror shine back I've probably got four or five coats of it on there now; I've been using it since I first got the car, and the portions that weren't painted repainted in August (the trunk and rear quarters) still shine like the new paint.

Moisture beads and rolls off, so I never have to worry about water marks. If the car gets dusty and I'm in a rush, all I have to do is hit it with a high pressure hose, and all the dust is gone, leaving a mirror-like finish.

Seriously, since I moved back down to Beverly Hills, I've had a guy in a Lamborghini ask me where I get my car detailed and any time I'm washing it at the self wash, dudes come up and ask what I'm using. That's the stuff!

Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kob View Post
If it is such a scam how are they providing a 7 year warranty for your paint job--while the original manufacturer warranty provides no paint warranty? I have to say Simoniz has been around lon enough to know what the heck they're doing and a 7 year warranty is a pretty good indicator of how confident they are of the product.
FTR, most new cars have a lengthy warranty on body and paint for corrosion and oxidization (I recall my VW was 10 years). What are the company's limitations on the warranty? Because using it for the first time on a 15-year old Honda that's been parked out in the desert sun the whole time isn't gonna do much...

Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 11,514 times
I work at a dealership myself. The reason they were able to apply the Simoniz package for free is because they didn't apply an actual warranty. The product itself only costs $60 plus whatever they pay to the person applying it (I make $30$ per Simoniz plus my hourly rate). The reason they were trying to charge you $800 is because of the 7 year warranty. As far as a wax, the Simoniz glass coat isn't really a wax, its more of an enhanced clear coat. The alkalinity of the product actually changes the composition of the original clear coat, making it more glossy and slick. As far as value, I'd have to say $800 is outrageous, and buying this product with a new vehicle is just stupid because cars come with a 5 year paint warranty as it is. In order for it to be practical, I would suggest buying the product after your vehicle is 5 years old and your original paint warranty expires, and I wouldn't recommend paying anything over 600$. The warranties themselves only cost 300$ but the dealerships have to at least make some kind of profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive