Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2022, 02:50 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You apprently didnt see the Richard Childress interview, hes not going there according to RC,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcneQIq3cak And you also havent heard Amirola isnt retiring, https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...hr-in-2023/(Or am I way off) so that leave the 16.
I didn't see the Childress interview. As i said I would be stunned to see him go to Childress. I did know Almirola was NOT retiring, in fact I was the first to post it. Probably should have put a dash in my resigned, as in re-signed.

Last edited by silas777; 08-30-2022 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2022, 07:23 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
You apprently didnt see the Richard Childress interview, hes not going there according to RC,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcneQIq3cak And you also havent heard Amirola isnt retiring, https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...hr-in-2023/(Or am I way off) so that leave the 16.
I saw the interview with Richard where he praised KB and said they are both on good terms now. He playfully answered a question about RCR talking to KB.

Prior to this, I wouldn't have had RCR on KB's list, but I believe RCR is in the running now. If KB doesn't go to 45, then it's RCR or Kaulig Racing in that order.

Old 08-31-2022, 08:25 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I saw the interview with Richard where he praised KB and said they are both on good terms now. He playfully answered a question about RCR talking to KB.

Prior to this, I wouldn't have had RCR on KB's list, but I believe RCR is in the running now. If KB doesn't go to 45, then it's RCR or Kaulig Racing in that order.

I don't see RCR as a possibility. I mean, if JGR can't find sponsorship.. What makes you think RCR, which, if we're being honest, is like the #3 or #4 Chevy team.. Would be able to?

Kaulig COULD because I believe he basically sponsors his own cars. They pretty much have an open ride.

Technically, I suppose you could say Childress does as well. But, you think he'll kick out reddick a year early and stick KB in there for a year? Don't see that. The FIRST part, certainly, but putting Busch in there for a year, not so much. After all, word is that Austin Hill is basically already signed.. but, also the fact that Ty Dillon doesn't have a ride..

If they're serious about that car being out there just to win.. I don't particularly see why SHR doesn't kick Cole Custer to the curb. I think that's coming. He has no top 5's in the past 2 years. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, his ONLY career top 5 is his win at Kentucky. Nope, he had one other, the week before his win at Indy.

Anyway.. i still stick to the belief that Busch isn't going anywhere.

Old 08-31-2022, 08:41 AM

Kyle Larsons if he had to name favorites for the playoffs;

Chase Elliott
Ross Chastain
Denny Hamlin
Kyle Larson

Old 08-31-2022, 08:42 AM

Darlington prediction.... Kevin Harvick

Old 08-31-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't see RCR as a possibility. I mean, if JGR can't find sponsorship.. What makes you think RCR, which, if we're being honest, is like the #3 or #4 Chevy team.. Would be able to?

Kaulig COULD because I believe he basically sponsors his own cars. They pretty much have an open ride.

Technically, I suppose you could say Childress does as well. But, you think he'll kick out reddick a year early and stick KB in there for a year? Don't see that. The FIRST part, certainly, but putting Busch in there for a year, not so much. After all, word is that Austin Hill is basically already signed.. but, also the fact that Ty Dillon doesn't have a ride..

If they're serious about that car being out there just to win.. I don't particularly see why SHR doesn't kick Cole Custer to the curb. I think that's coming. He has no top 5's in the past 2 years. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, his ONLY career top 5 is his win at Kentucky. Nope, he had one other, the week before his win at Indy.

Kyle would elevate and improve wherever he goes, as Harvick said, you could build /rebuild a program around Kyle Busch. If Childress or whomever went through all that would involve bringing Kyle in, it wouldn't be for a year. Obviously, Childress' cars can win... one can only imagine what would happen to that program with the addition of Kyle.
I would add Richard did not close the door he was a bit coy.
Here's a side note. Kyle always likes to compare himself to the late great Dale Earnhardt. Maybe a little extra incentive for him to close the deal on that and end his driving career with the Intimidators team.
https://www.news-journalonline.com/s...ck/7938248001/

Old 08-31-2022, 09:07 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Agree, with the exception he could go to Kaulig, and that being it. No RCR, no SHR, No 23XI. Gibbs will keep him until Baby boy gets next year in X done, then Baby boy goes to the 18. I still convnced there is somewhat of a "conspiracy" if you want to call it that.

Old 08-31-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Agree, with the exception he could go to Kaulig, and that being it. No RCR, no SHR, No 23XI. Gibbs will keep him until Baby boy gets next year in X done, then Baby boy goes to the 18. I still convnced there is somewhat of a "conspiracy" if you want to call it that.
Kaling might be able to afford Kyle but I don't see Kyle moving to sub par equipment. He'll be in the 45 next year.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:04 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Kaling might be able to afford Kyle but I don't see Kyle moving to sub par equipment. He'll be in the 45 next year.
Kaulig has had pretty good finishes this year, Id say for the limited number of races, Cup, they have been in. Either Kurt will be back, or Baby boy runs the 45 next year.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:08 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Darlington prediction.... Kevin Harvick

Harvick, historically, hasn't been GREAT at Darlington. Good, not great. Not saying he doesn't have a chance, but, I wouldn't put him as a favorite.

He has 3 wins, and a goodly number of top 5 and top 10s.. With a fair number of poor finishes sprinkled.

I look to Hamlin with Busch a dark horse. 4 Darlington wins for Hamlin and out of 19 races he's run there, he's been top 5 in 11 of them, top 10 in 15.

Busch because.. He's generally feast or famine. Only has a single win, but even when he has a bad finish, it's usually crashing near the front.

Since 2010, JGR has won 8 of 16 races. Toyota has won 10 of 16 if you count Truex's 2 wins for FRR.

So.. I look for the winner to come from JGR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing