Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2022, 06:00 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times

Advertisements

While I've always been an HMS fan, currently rooting for #5 and #9, I wouldn't have hard feelings if Denny can get in the top 4 and grab a championship. I think the guy deserves one, with 48 cup wins including 3 Daytona 500's. I know he has a lot of haters, but overall, he seems like a good person and very passionate about NASCAR.

Although 42, Denny may have another year or two left but he always performs well. Yet he can't outrun father time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 06:01 AM

6,429 posts, read 3,137,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The irony is I bet he wins one now....
I agree.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:29 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Hamlin is just.. Gut feeling. I don't think Chastain makes it. I mean, he's going to have half the field gunning for him. Plus, No experience in playoffs.

Nascar has stated in the past that type of behavior will not be tolerated in the playoffs. So Ross better play nice!

Old 08-30-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
While I've always been an HMS fan, currently rooting for #5 and #9, I wouldn't have hard feelings if Denny can get in the top 4 and grab a championship. I think the guy deserves one, with 48 cup wins including 3 Daytona 500's. I know he has a lot of haters, but overall, he seems like a good person and very passionate about NASCAR.

Although 42, Denny may have another year or two left but he always performs well. Yet he can't outrun father time.
As long as Denny is focusing on other things, his own team, his lets call it personal life, and anthing but winning that Cup he wont win a championship.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:35 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Nascar has stated in the past that type of behavior will not be tolerated in the playoffs. So Ross better play nice!
Ross' payback is probably coming in the next week or two, which will probably eliminate him. I hope that doesn't happen, because it would be fun to see him go farther in.

Quote:
As long as Denny is focusing on other things, his own team, his lets call it personal life, and anthing but winning that Cup he wont win a championship.
This is why I think this is his last opportunity. The burden of running 23XI is going to become heavier as his team grows and of course his age. Just to risky to drive with all that he has going for him after he hangs up his helmet.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Ross' payback is probably coming in the next week or two, which will probably eliminate him. I hope that doesn't happen, because it would be fun to see him go farther in.

This is why I think this is his last opportunity. The burden of running 23XI is going to become heavier as his team grows and of course his age. Just to risky to drive with all that he has going for him after he hangs up his helmet.
Being 3rd in points it wouldtake at least 2 DNFs to knock him out, which Im not saying wont happen, but NASCAR did say that if it were a payback situation, the payee would lose points. Now, this was what 2,3 years ago, but it was made clear that it would be an ongoing thing during the playoffs after Martin Truex made it know that "whoever ut was" wasnt going to win the Cup last year after being crashed by that person.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:04 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Being 3rd in points it wouldtake at least 2 DNFs to knock him out, which Im not saying wont happen, but NASCAR did say that if it were a payback situation, the payee would lose points. Now, this was what 2,3 years ago, but it was made clear that it would be an ongoing thing during the playoffs after Martin Truex made it know that "whoever ut was" wasnt going to win the Cup last year after being crashed by that person.

You're correct.. Up until the round of 8. Once you hit that. Basically the only person 'locked in' is the person leading the points.

Chase has 15 points over second place. Chastain only has 15 points over the rest of the field.

In the round of 8.. All it takes is the winners to come from 4th to 8th and then.. Pretty much Chase is in, unless he has a horrid run of races.

So far as I know, the points leader going into the playoffs has never NOT made the final 4. Of course.. Up until last week, the 4th place man in points had never missed the playoffs. So, anything can happen.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:36 PM

9,889 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Childress and Kauling confirm talks with Kyle Busch....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...91c815a141f4f8
i would be stunned to see Kyle go to Childress but oh how fun that would be... Reddick out Kyle in. Reddick would go to the 45.
I still believe it is more likely Kyle just goes straight to the 45. I dont know anything about Kauling really to speculate other than the little Haley kid drives for them. Thought they were a lower tier team. Stewart Haas is mentioned as well, in which it would be adios to Custer since Almirola has resigned. Harvick has already given the green light for that move.
Seems to me it would be a huge deal for Kyle to change manufacturer for his truck team.
The other obvious question would be if Gibbs and Toyota can't find a sponsor to afford Kyle how can Childress or Kauling or SHR?

Last edited by silas777; 08-30-2022 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-30-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Childress and Kauling confirm talks with Kyle Busch....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...91c815a141f4f8
i would be stunned to see Kyle go to Childress but oh how fun that would be... Reddick out Kyle in. Reddick would go to the 45.
I still believe it is more likely Kyle just goes straight to the 45. I dont know anything about Kauling really to speculate other than the little Haley kid drives for them. Thought they were a lower tier team. Stewart Haas is mentioned as well, in which it would be adios to Custer since Almirola has resigned. Harvick has already given the green light for that move.
Seems to me it would be a huge deal for Kyle to change manufacturer for his truck team.
The other obvious question would be if Gibbs and Toyota can't find a sponsor to afford Kyle how can Childress or Kauling or SHR?
You apprently didnt see the Richard Childress interview, hes not going there according to RC,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcneQIq3cak And you also havent heard Amirola isnt retiring, https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...hr-in-2023/(Or am I way off) so that leave the 16.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:11 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Kaulig is.. A top tier Xfinity team. Having a bit of a down year this year because two of their three drivers are new. Hemrick and Cassill are new to the team, replacing Haley and.. Chastain.

So, they 'only' have three wins this year. Not a bad 'down' year.

They're building their cup program, but.. if they do it the same way they did the Xfinity.. That will be a top tier program.

Talking about the lower series.. I've kinda fallen out of watching the trucks his year. Still log time with Xfinity and cup, but only have watched a handful of truck races.

MattyD isn't having a good time. I mean, he's not Hallie Deegan bad, but.. Lord.. He ain't good. That kinda surprises me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing