Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
There is a lot of projection in this post. You basically accuse me of the very thing you did. But, I will get back to that later.
*The way you laid out your description, it actually does appear that you are describing what is going on behind the car, out of the view of the camera. At least I had the decency to admit, in my description, that the car was blocking the view...you didn't say a word about that in yours.

Quote:
You want to claim that the Tmz story is a case of them sensationalizing? Well, they are making a factual claim about Stewart's use of a GoPro camera based on several sources. The definition of sensationalize is this, "to describe or show something in a way that makes it seem more shocking than it really is". If what they say is true, then how is that making "it seem more shocking than it really is"? Since they are just making a factual claim they are not exaggerating things.
Oy, "they are just making a factual claim"
hang on, i'm laughing so hard right now it's kind of hard to see

Quote:
If you are going to use a word you should at least know what the mean and use them correctly. Now granted Tmz is a celebrity gossip outlet. But, that does not mean they got it wrong when it comes to the use of the GoPro Camera. Moreover if their story is backed up by credible witnesses then that is not sensationalism at all.
IF

Quote:
That is investigative reporting.
You are quite gullible aren't you.

Quote:
And, let's not forget that deadspin reported the camera as well the night of the "accident". So, Tmz's work is just corroboration of deadspins. Corroboration is good. It strengthens the story making it more likely to be true. Lastly, you still have not shown that the reports are false.
Just because one rag feeds of of another rags story it does not give "strength" to what is printed.

Quote:
When it comes to your claims about me giving a blow by blow description of things I can't see. That is just you projecting. I don't do that, you do that. I make no claims about what happens while Kevin is behind Stewart's car other than to say he was hit by the rear wheel. But, we have evidence for that because Stewart's car fishtails. I do make claims about what you can see when Ward's body is not obscured by the car such as the moments before and after impact and when his body is dumped out of the other side. So, since you impugn my credibility on the basis of claims I make about what happened while Ward was behind Stewart's car. I know that you will now impugn your own credibility on that basis as well.
Quote:
....Ward does not grab onto anything.....
Ward is running to his left to avoid being hit dead center by Tony's car. Ward is struck on his right hand side and since his weight is on left foot he pivots clockwise falling against the right hand side of Stewart's car. He flips and is then struck by the right rear wheel of Tony's car...
*I believe I've just proven my point.

From a 20 year racing veteran (but of course to you, a rag writer with little knowledge about sprint cars and the tracks they run on has more knowledge than a racer with 20 years under their belt]...

Things You Need To Know About The Kevin Ward Jr. & Tony Stewart Tragedy
Quote:
In the lightened video it does not appear that Stewart swerved towards Ward Jr. Only after Ward Jr. was beside Stewart’s sprint car did the car move to the right. Does Ward Jr. attempt to grab the wing of Stewart’s sprint car? Is he actually hanging on to the car? It appears to look like this though I will let you decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SDvPB70JOVQ

Something I read just before coming on here today ...
Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward tragedy | MotorSportsTalk

Quote:
Harvick took the media — especially those who do not cover NASCAR on a regular basis (or have never covered motorsports as a whole) — to task for sensationalized reporting and portraying opinion that readers or viewers oftentimes interpret as fact.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Hey! if one stares at this post long enough while squinting, you can see a ghostly schooner manned by mermaids sailing torwards the full moon followed by a herd of white, winged horses
bwahaha. that's funny.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
more conspiracies now? perhaps becker changed his mind AFTER reviewing what little evidence is out in public? that is the big problem with the news media these days. they start off big on a big story making big assumptions, and then either stop chasing the story, or make changes as evidence comes out, and cooler heads prevail.

perhaps you should take a que from them? perhaps the reason there are no charges pending right now is because there is no reason for said charges that you seem to be pushing for?
^this

Plus, claiming 2nd degree manslaughter before it is proven in a court of law is slander .. go look up the definition of slander, we'll wait

Old 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
To be exonerated of any charges FIRST one must be charged to begin with.. smfh.

Breaking news!!!!! Several sources and have claimed to have witnessed the infamous Spinoza paddidaling young alter boys along with local clergy. Many of these witnesses have claimed that they have seen him and said clergy video taping their sexual abuses. Legal experts have said that if the accused cannot provide said video to show that no wrong doing had gone on that the evidence is damning and both the clergy members and Spinoza face many years in prison.

Attempts to reach Spinoza went unanswered with no response from the accused to refute these allegations.

Wow. Youre right. The evidence looks damning Spinoza. Good luck fighting these charges. Maybe trouble could have been avoided by not hanging out in dark corners with half naked alter boys in the first place Spinoza.

See how nicely spouting off allegations with no actual evidence to back it up and no actual named witnesses works??
Spinoza, you've been a bad boy, shame on you for paddidaling young alter boys. Must be true since it's 'said' that there are sources

Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM

204 posts, read 184,740 times
The response in in the body of the quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
*The way you laid out your description, it actually does appear that you are describing what is going on behind the car, out of the view of the camera. At least I had the decency to admit, in my description, that the car was blocking the view...you didn't say a word about that in yours.

I will not admit to something I do not do. I never claim to know what happened when Kevin was obscured by Tony's car.

Oy, "they are just making a factual claim"
hang on, i'm laughing so hard right now it's kind of hard to see

Quote:
When a foolish man hears of the Tao, he laughs out loud. If he didn't laugh, it wouldn't be the Tao. -Lao Tzu
IF

You are quite gullible aren't you.

Just because one rag feeds of of another rags story it does not give "strength" to what is printed.
The stories corroborate each other. Do you deny that? Let me back up here do you know what corroboration is? Do you deny that Tmz's work corroborates what deadspin reported the night of the "accident"?

*I believe I've just proven my point.

You have not proven a thing. I do not make any claims about what was happening behind the car. Yes, claim that he is not grabbing the wing because he is already going down when he gets struck on his right side.

In this photo you can see that Ward is trying to run up out of the way of Stewarts car.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-sef1.png

In this photo you can that Ward in stride running to his left. You see his legs apart.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-ward58.1.png

Here is where I believe that Ward is first struck. His body is already falling down and he has his hands up. His hands are up in the same way that person put their hands to break their fall or block something. This is a reflexive position. There is no way he is grabbing on the wing. He is going on down.
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track-ward-impact.png

From a 20 year racing veteran (but of course to you, a rag writer with little knowledge about sprint cars and the tracks they run on has more knowledge than a racer with 20 years under their belt]...

You are making an Ad Hominem Circumstantial argument. Whether or not someone maybe a "rag writer" is immaterial to whether or not what they are saying is true. Show what they are reporting is false. Their "rag writer" status is irrelevant to whether or not there was a GoPro camera on the car. You do understand that you do not need to have any expertise in Sprint Cars to know whether a GoPro was on the car. You do understand that? I am going to have to insist that you respond to that question before we go any further. Because you do not even seem to understand what is relevant to making a proper argument. So, answer the question.

Things You Need To Know About The Kevin Ward Jr. & Tony Stewart Tragedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SDvPB70JOVQ

Something I read just before coming on here today ...
Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward tragedy | MotorSportsTalk

Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM

What Becker said was Not slander. It is his opinion. You can give your opinion without it being slander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
^this

Plus, claiming 2nd degree manslaughter before it is proven in a court of law is slander .. go look up the definition of slander, we'll wait

Old 08-27-2014, 02:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
The stories corroborate each other. Do you deny that? Let me back up here do you know what corroboration is? Do you deny that Tmz's work corroborates what deadspin reported the night of the "accident"?
the "stories" come from the SAME feed, s of course the stories are going to corroborate each other. this is no different that cbs, nbc, abc, cnn, cnhn, and fox all running the same story that comes off the AP news wire.

same feed, same story. sorry but you fail again on this one.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Of course the witnesses should come forward. I have already said that.

He does not have to be charged with anything. The definition of exonerate is this "to clear from accusation or blame". If the Sheriff does not file criminal charges he has basically exonerated Stewart.

Exonerate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The reports of about the missing camera suggest that there is evidence tampering in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
To be exonerated of any charges FIRST one must be charged to begin with.. smfh.

Breaking news!!!!! Several sources and have claimed to have witnessed the infamous Spinoza paddidaling young alter boys along with local clergy. Many of these witnesses have claimed that they have seen him and said clergy video taping their sexual abuses. Legal experts have said that if the accused cannot provide said video to show that no wrong doing had gone on that the evidence is damning and both the clergy members and Spinoza face many years in prison.

Attempts to reach Spinoza went unanswered with no response from the accused to refute these allegations.

Wow. Youre right. The evidence looks damning Spinoza. Good luck fighting these charges. Maybe trouble could have been avoided by not hanging out in dark corners with half naked alter boys in the first place Spinoza.

See how nicely spouting off allegations with no actual evidence to back it up and no actual named witnesses works??

Old 08-27-2014, 02:54 PM

Prove they come from the same feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the "stories" come from the SAME feed, s of course the stories are going to corroborate each other. this is no different that cbs, nbc, abc, cnn, cnhn, and fox all running the same story that comes off the AP news wire.

same feed, same story. sorry but you fail again on this one.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
Prove they come from the same feed.
well we have found another thing you know nothing about. the associated press, and the united press both send out news over an international wire service that news agencies around the world subscribe to. why? because it is far less expensive than having people around the world working just looking for news stories for each individual news agency. the same thing goes for TMZ and other news rags. and once a story gets out on the wires, if once agency picks it up and runs with it, the others of the like follow along so as not to miss out on viewership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.