Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 PM

204 posts, read 184,804 times

Advertisements

My last posts are all media reports that contradict the picture the Tony supporters paint of a blameless Stewart. It will be interesting to see if the investigators ran down any of these people who witnessed these things. If these things are true there is a cover-up going on and Tony Stewart is guilty of evidence tampering. Which I believe is a felony in NY. When Sheriff Povero was asked about the GoPro he said he had no knowledge of the camera. If Tony is in the clear and totally innocent then why is he destroying evidence? I believe that the reports from Tmz Sports and deadspin are true. Do you believe they are conspiring against Stewart with their reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
spinoza, you keep posting a lot of rubbish, most of which is hearsay evidence. do you understand that hearsay evidence is NOT admissible in court for good reason? and again you are only going on the speculation of others, who also DO NOT have any evidence of wrong doing on tonys part. so again, you are making assumptions based on virtually nothing except your interpretation of the so called video evidence, and the posting them as facts. and each time you do this, you further embarrass yourself and lose even more credibility.

that said, there is always a possibility of criminal charges that MIGHT be pressed against stewart, but until the investigation has run its course, there are NO charges pending, and tony is until convicted, innocent, since in this country we at least try to believe that a man is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:30 PM

The police may or may not be in on the disposal of the camera. It all depends on when the camera was removed. That said there is no contradiction in the words you cited in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Oh, I get it. The police hanging around his hauler were there to help cover up.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
spinoza, you are totally nut. now you not only have tony guilty of second degree murder, without any evidence, but you also have the police in on a conspiracy after the fact to cover up said murder. whats next, are you going to include the district attorney as well? how far up are you suggesting this "conspiracy" goes?

you have really gone over the edge now. you are obviously suffering from tony stewart deraignment syndrome. please get professional help before they send the good humor man after you.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
spinoza, you are totally nut. now you not only have tony guilty of second degree murder, without any evidence, but you also have the police in on a conspiracy after the fact to cover up said murder. whats next, are you going to include the district attorney as well? how far up are you suggesting this "conspiracy" goes?

you have really gone over the edge now. you are obviously suffering from tony stewart deraignment syndrome. please get professional help before they send the good humor man after you.
No, no, don't discourage him as he may have a promising career at The Enquirer.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
No, no, don't discourage him as he may have a promising career at The Enquirer.
i dont think that even the enquirer would want him. it would have to be something even more obscure and radical.

maybe mother jones?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM

You are not responding to what I am saying. Instead you resort to insults.

I said this, " I believe that the reports from Tmz Sports and deadspin are true. Do you believe they are conspiring against Stewart with their reports?" You have not shown that these reports are false. Why would they lie about it?

Explain the disappearance of the GoPro camera? People saw it where is it?

More Ad Hominem arguments from you. I am not hurling insults at you. Why can't you keep things civil?

Now answer the question about the GoPro.

It is usually the case that the man that resorts to abusive remarks in lieu of an actual argument is the man losing the debate.

Quote:

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-26-2014 at 11:38 PM..

Old 08-27-2014, 12:32 AM

i know nothing of this go pro camera of which you speak. if it was there, then likely the police have it. it is also possible that someone is making things up to tell people like TMZ, or maybe the TMZ people are making things up. i dont know, and neither do you. but YOU were the one that made the claim that the cops might be in on a conspiracy, not me, and i doubt TMZ did either. and YOU are the one making the claims without any evidence that tony is guilty of murder, not me.

now you suggest that my remarks are abusive, but what they really are doing is showing the ignorance in your remarks. i keep telling you that instead of making the claims that you make, that perhaps what you should do is wait for the investigation to run its course, and see if any charges are ever filed against tony or not.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 AM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
I said this, " I believe that the reports from Tmz Sports and deadspin are true.
You believe them only as long as what they say matches the way you think.

Quote:
Do you believe they are conspiring against Stewart with their reports?" You have not shown that these reports are false. Why would they lie about it?
It's not about conspiracies and lies .. it's about money, money, money!
The writers for those rags sensationalize and exaggerate their stories so that there is a better chance that their stories will be read often and also shared with others .. after all, the writers do receive bonuses for every webpage view.
How many views do you think they would get if they simply stated that there was a race, during that race a driver was killed, there is an investigation pending .. not many views since that story wouldn't be juicy enough.

Quote:
Explain the disappearance of the GoPro camera? People saw it where is it?
What disappearance? There was no mention by the Sheriff that there was 'not' a camera in the car. The Sheriff said that the video footage does not exist, not that the camera does not exist. Following that statement, in that article, is where you see a prime example of the writer exaggerating the story to make it sound like the Sheriff said the camera didn't exist.

Now, don't go jumping the gun about there not being any video footage. There could be any number of reasons why there is no video ... the camera wasn't turned on, the camera just wasn't working, the camera was too damaged to show a video, and yes, even the possibility of the tape being wiped .... but, I'm sure that the investigation team has the camera and they have figured out why there was no video.

As far as them taking off the rear tire, it's quite possible that either Stewart knew that the police would want the tire, or, the police had requested that the tire be handed over before Stewart had his crew take it off ... again sensationalized journalism making it sound like Stewart was trying to get rid of evidence, and doing it while the cops were milling around the hauler. Stewart is a driver not a magician who can disappear a big tire in the middle of a crowd of cops.

One point where you lost credibility is when you gave a blow by blow description of what Wade went through after your claim that he was hit by the right front of the car, and your description of Wades actions continues all the way until he is at the rear of the car ...... kind of hard to give a blow by blow description like that when, for the most part, the car was in between Wade and the camera.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:21 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

.. it's about money, money, money!
The bottom line.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 AM

There is a lot of projection in this post. You basically accuse me of the very thing you did. But, I will get back to that later.

You want to claim that the Tmz story is a case of them sensationalizing? Well, they are making a factual claim about Stewart's use of a GoPro camera based on several sources. The definition of sensationalize is this, "to describe or show something in a way that makes it seem more shocking than it really is". If what they say is true, then how is that making "it seem more shocking than it really is"? Since they are just making a factual claim they are not exaggerating things. If you are going to use a word you should at least know what the mean and use them correctly. Now granted Tmz is a celebrity gossip outlet. But, that does not mean they got it wrong when it comes to the use of the GoPro Camera. Moreover if their story is backed up by credible witnesses then that is not sensationalism at all. That is investigative reporting. And, let's not forget that deadspin reported the camera as well the night of the "accident". So, Tmz's work is just corroboration of deadspins. Corroboration is good. It strengthens the story making it more likely to be true. Lastly, you still have not shown that the reports are false.
Sensationalize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Exaggerate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

When it comes to your claims about me giving a blow by blow description of things I can't see. That is just you projecting. I don't do that, you do that. I make no claims about what happens while Kevin is behind Stewart's car other than to say he was hit by the rear wheel. But, we have evidence for that because Stewart's car fishtails. I do make claims about what you can see when Ward's body is not obscured by the car such as the moments before and after impact and when his body is dumped out of the other side. So, since you impugn my credibility on the basis of claims I make about what happened while Ward was behind Stewart's car. I know that you will now impugn your own credibility on that basis as well.

Quote:
Stewart was driving past Ward. As Stewart was passing Ward, Ward jumped up and grabbed the fin on Stewart's car .. I'll admit that at the point where Ward grabbed the fin, Stewart's car was in between Ward and the camera, but, Ward was indeed hanging off of the fin, absolutely no doubt about that, so he had to have jumped up and grabbed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You believe them only as long as what they say matches the way you think.

It's not about conspiracies and lies .. it's about money, money, money!
The writers for those rags sensationalize and exaggerate their stories so that there is a better chance that their stories will be read often and also shared with others .. after all, the writers do receive bonuses for every webpage view.
How many views do you think they would get if they simply stated that there was a race, during that race a driver was killed, there is an investigation pending .. not many views since that story wouldn't be juicy enough.

What disappearance? There was no mention by the Sheriff that there was 'not' a camera in the car. The Sheriff said that the video footage does not exist, not that the camera does not exist. Following that statement, in that article, is where you see a prime example of the writer exaggerating the story to make it sound like the Sheriff said the camera didn't exist.

Now, don't go jumping the gun about there not being any video footage. There could be any number of reasons why there is no video ... the camera wasn't turned on, the camera just wasn't working, the camera was too damaged to show a video, and yes, even the possibility of the tape being wiped .... but, I'm sure that the investigation team has the camera and they have figured out why there was no video.

As far as them taking off the rear tire, it's quite possible that either Stewart knew that the police would want the tire, or, the police had requested that the tire be handed over before Stewart had his crew take it off ... again sensationalized journalism making it sound like Stewart was trying to get rid of evidence, and doing it while the cops were milling around the hauler. Stewart is a driver not a magician who can disappear a big tire in the middle of a crowd of cops.

One point where you lost credibility is when you gave a blow by blow description of what Wade went through after your claim that he was hit by the right front of the car, and your description of Wades actions continues all the way until he is at the rear of the car ...... kind of hard to give a blow by blow description like that when, for the most part, the car was in between Wade and the camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing