Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
I notice that there have been a lot of claims by Tony's supporters. Some of them do not make sense to me though.

1. Kevin wore an ALL black suit and hence could not be seen. The facts show otherwise though. This photo clearly shows that Kevin's suit was not all black. It had white reflective stripes running from the top to the bottom. This photo shows this to be the case. So, the claim that he wore all black is false. The lights of the track should also have been enough to light up the stripes. Ward had no problems being seen.
Attachment 134637

2. There is the claim that Stewart could not see Ward. When the car is coming at you in the stands you don't have any problems seeing the driver inside. A human being has a viewing angle of 114 degrees. What is the viewing angle from inside the car with your helmet on? Stewart should have been able to see him. He also should have expected to see a wrecked car on his next pass under the yellow flag. He also should have been prepared to see a driver out of his car.
Attachment 134641
3. There is the claim that Tony was trying to steer away from him. But, it is clear that he steers right into Ward.
In this picture Stewart's car enters the frame. The white blur you see is the front wing of the car. Notice that it is lower down on the track.
Attachment 134638

In this photo you can see that Stewart's car travels up to where Ward was standing and that Ward is attempting to get out of the way of Stewart's car. Instead he is hit head on. It is also at this point in the video that you hear Stewart's engine rev. The wheels of Stewart's car are also pointed right at Ward. The story in the media has been that the right rear wheel hit Ward. But, the video does not seem to support that view. It supports the view that Stewart is steering his vehicle right into Ward. This is murder 2 not manslaughter.
Attachment 134639

This blow up also makes it clear that Ward is hit head on by Stewart.
Attachment 134640

Who does the fact checking for the news networks?

If you guys think I am wrong about this please explain, why I am wrong.
^utter nonsense, but anyone can see what they want to see (even with crap images)...and I'm not a TS fan

Old 08-16-2014, 10:51 PM

204 posts, read 185,115 times
Care to back up what you are saying? You might not be a fan but you are still blowing smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
^utter nonsense, but anyone can see what they want to see (even with crap images)...and I'm not a TS fan

Old 08-17-2014, 11:07 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,858,180 times
It's an extremely unfortunate accident...but in no way is Tony the only one to blame. That kid should not gotten out of the car and sure as hell should never ran into oncoming traffic.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:01 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,577,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What part do you find incompetent?

Tony's past conduct is very relevant to this incident.

But the article also states that it would be very hard to prove any sort of criminal intent.
The talking heads have only been able to show two things: a) Tony throwing his helmet at Matt Kenseth, b) Tony saying he was going to run his ass over (Matt) until the end of the season which, is a figure of speech and didn't happen.
The news stories I have seen haven't featured any commentary from current or former race car drivers and yet these same programs bring in "experts" for other stories. A few have posted blips from sports writers.
And let's be honest if "hothead, helmet throwing" local sprint car driver Tony Smith ran over Kevin Ward it would have only been a blip if reported at all.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:53 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,035,700 times
I notice that there have been a lot of claims by Tony's supporters. Some of them do not make sense to me though.

I think you are correct in your analysis. If I'm going to believe the video has fake engine sounds edited in, then I might as well forget the whole thing, and so should everyone else. Also, I too noticed that Tony Stewart's car is going up the track during the accident, in the direction of Ward and not away from him.
I said from the beginning that after watching the video a handful of times at various speeds, it looks like Tony Stewart intended to scare Ward, splash dirt on him, something like that. I do not for a second think Stewart intended to hit Ward.

Finally, I find it curious that people would get upset at posters who have analysis similar to mine. I'll see things such as "you are not an investigator so why don't you just shut-up". Most poster are merely describing what the video looks like to them. Youtube comments can be used to express one's opinion. They will not be used to put Tony Stewart in prison.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:14 PM

204 posts, read 185,115 times
I have certainly been told that my analysis does not fly just because I am not a race car driver. I have read on ESPN radio's website that this was not the first time that Tony Stewart has ran Ward Jr off the road. I think that this was a road rage incident gone way too far. I believe it was a case of 2nd Degree Murder. He hits Ward head on that is not an attempt to fishtail and put dirt on a man. That's murder. But, I think we definitely agree more than we disagree. But, even on your point of view Tony is guilty of manslaughter. He should be spending time in prison for what he did. I doubt that he will though. Sheriff Povero has basically implied that there will be no charges. I believe that one look at the video shows that there should be. There has to be corruption in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post

I think you are correct in your analysis. If I'm going to believe the video has fake engine sounds edited in, then I might as well forget the whole thing, and so should everyone else. Also, I too noticed that Tony Stewart's car is going up the track during the accident, in the direction of Ward and not away from him.
I said from the beginning that after watching the video a handful of times at various speeds, it looks like Tony Stewart intended to scare Ward, splash dirt on him, something like that. I do not for a second think Stewart intended to hit Ward.

Finally, I find it curious that people would get upset at posters who have analysis similar to mine. I'll see things such as "you are not an investigator so why don't you just shut-up". Most poster are merely describing what the video looks like to them. Youtube comments can be used to express one's opinion. They will not be used to put Tony Stewart in prison.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:58 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,949,614 times
If it looks like a duck . . .

Stewart, 43, also has a reputation as one of NASCAR's most volatile and aggressive drivers, dating back to the dawn of his Cup career. Stewart has been involved in numerous confrontations with other drivers and has retaliated several times following on-track incidents.

Tony Stewart has history of confrontation, retaliation - NASCAR - Sporting News

Just a matter of time before the ticking bomb exploded.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 PM

582 posts, read 2,040,321 times
No free pass. He did absolutely nothing to avoid this. If everyone keeps saying "ward went on track" . I think we get that and it was dumb. But let's not ignore what "hothead" stewart could of done to prevent this. He could of did something let's not be stupid. Did not mean to kill ward but certainly participated in the" track rage" that was started. Let's not be fools.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:57 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,588,363 times
Stewart had no reason to be pissed.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,502,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post

1. Kevin wore an ALL black suit and hence could not be seen. The facts show otherwise though. This photo clearly shows that Kevin's suit was not all black. It had white reflective stripes running from the top to the bottom. This photo shows this to be the case. So, the claim that he wore all black is false. The lights of the track should also have been enough to light up the stripes. Ward had no problems being seen.
Attachment 134637

2. There is the claim that Stewart could not see Ward. When the car is coming at you in the stands you don't have any problems seeing the driver inside. A human being has a viewing angle of 114 degrees. What is the viewing angle from inside the car with your helmet on? Stewart should have been able to see him. He also should have expected to see a wrecked car on his next pass under the yellow flag. He also should have been prepared to see a driver out of his car.
Attachment 134641
3. There is the claim that Tony was trying to steer away from him. But, it is clear that he steers right into Ward.
In this picture Stewart's car enters the frame. The white blur you see is the front wing of the car. Notice that it is lower down on the track.
Attachment 134638

In this photo you can see that Stewart's car travels up to where Ward was standing and that Ward is attempting to get out of the way of Stewart's car. Instead he is hit head on. It is also at this point in the video that you hear Stewart's engine rev. The wheels of Stewart's car are also pointed right at Ward. The story in the media has been that the right rear wheel hit Ward. But, the video does not seem to support that view. It supports the view that Stewart is steering his vehicle right into Ward. This is murder 2 not manslaughter.
Attachment 134639

This blow up also makes it clear that Ward is hit head on by Stewart.
Attachment 134640

Who does the fact checking for the news networks?

If you guys think I am wrong about this please explain, why I am wrong.

People, do not engage this troll who signed up on the forum for the express purpose of spouting nonsense on a subject that they clearly have a preset agenda on and have very little knowledge of.

This troll already got the same thread in the Automotive forum shutdown, better to ignore the baiter. Ignore function works wonderfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing