Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times

Advertisements

A note - I am not a fan of any of the drivers, I am not an accident expert, I am not a racing driver or racing expert, etc., etc.
With that said ....

After watching the video, to me, it appears that the #45 car is the car that revved it's engine. The sounds of the oncoming cars are somewhat muffled before they appear in the video. Once they appear in the video the sound becomes louder and clearer and remain a little louder and clearer once they pass the video frame .. doppler effect. I believe that the driver of the #45 car revved the engine after he passed Ward to show his disapproval of Ward running around in the middle of the track.

I find it hard to believe that some people (or one person in particular) stated that they had repeatedly watched the video, even in slow motion, and yet, those people/that person still didn't see what had actually happened. Even going so far to (wrongfully) say that "Ward is hit head on by Stewart". By watching the video, that is not what happened ... how can Ward be hanging on the fin near the back of Stewart's car if he was "hit head on" and run over, in other words, underneath the car?!?

What I see in the video ...
Stewart was driving past Ward. As Stewart was passing Ward, Ward jumped up and grabbed the fin on Stewart's car .. I'll admit that at the point where Ward grabbed the fin, Stewart's car was in between Ward and the camera, but, Ward was indeed hanging off of the fin, absolutely no doubt about that, so he had to have jumped up and grabbed it. I don't know why Ward would jump on Stewart's car, unless it was done to aggravate Stewart (very possible). If Stewart's car was too close then Ward had every opportunity to jump back and out of the way (which anyone would naturally do if a vehicle drove too close to them). It was at that point, when Ward had jumped on the car, where the car slid. Ward hung on to the fin until just passing Ward's car and that's when Ward fell off and under the back wheel.

Stewart did not intentionally run Ward over. It appears that Stewart would have driven by Ward without incident if Ward had not made his second mistake and jumped on Stewart's car .. his first mistake was getting out of his car and running around on the track.

I'm posting a link to the slo-mo video so you can get a better picture of what happened. At 0:58 through 1:00, I hit pause and play continually to slow it down even more. Watch the video and you'll see the points that I've described for yourself (it's the second video down, the slo-mo video).
Tony Stewart Sprint Car Crash Kills Driver Kevin Ward Jr

Last edited by berdee; 08-22-2014 at 09:18 PM..

Old 08-24-2014, 04:42 PM

204 posts, read 184,683 times
I was talking to a friend of mine and he made some good points about this case. He thinks that there is a plea and monetary settlement deal going on behind the scenes. This makes sense since the investigation is taking so long. If this is the case, then I will be wrong about the level of corruption in the justice system. I really do hope I am wrong about this. The plea deal should involve some jail time for Tony he should not be left off the hook for killing Kevin Ward. It would still be travesty of justice, if he does not get any jail time. Tony supporters will not be happy, if their hero spends some time behind bars.

If he does plea out, then he will probably take a break from racing. There is no way the sponsors stick with him after he pleads to felony counts.

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-24-2014 at 04:52 PM..

Old 08-24-2014, 09:09 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,946,540 times
Some serious damage control is definitley in the works, we'll see how they clean this one up.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:08 PM

If he pleads his career is over. I don't see how any sponsor would get behind him after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Some serious damage control is definitley in the works, we'll see how they clean this one up.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:27 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
I was talking to a friend of mine and he made some good points about this case. He thinks that there is a plea and monetary settlement deal going on behind the scenes. This makes sense since the investigation is taking so long.
Plea deal ????
Question 1. Please enlighten us on what the formal charges are that Stewart is currently being charged with.

You and your friend are the only ones in the world at this time that must know what the formal charges are, even though the authorities have said there are no charges at this time.
(you and your friend should realize that plea deals are not made until formal charges are brought against a person ... no charges = nothing to plea)

You say...
Quote:
In this photo you can see that Stewart's car travels up to where Ward was standing and that Ward is attempting to get out of the way of Stewart's car. Instead he is hit head on. It is also at this point in the video that you hear Stewart's engine rev. The wheels of Stewart's car are also pointed right at Ward. The story in the media has been that the right rear wheel hit Ward. But, the video does not seem to support that view. actually it does support it
It supports the view that Stewart is steering his vehicle right into Ward. This is murder 2 not manslaughter.

This blow up also makes it clear that Ward is hit head on by Stewart
According to eyewitnesses Ward was standing to the right of Stewart's car, and, if you'd really bother to look at the video instead of still shots you'd see that the front end of Stewart's car 'passes by' Ward.
You claim that Stewart steered his vehicle right into War and hit him head on ... if that's the case then please explain..
Question 2. Why the video shows the front of the car passing by Ward.
Question 3. How it is that when the rear end of Stewart's car slid to the left, and Stewart began going up the track, Ward was hanging on the fin over the rear wheel (keeping in mind that this is when you are claiming that Stewart is aiming at Ward and hitting him head on... hmm, kind of hard to aim at someone and hit them head on when that someone is hanging off of the fin of the car over the rear wheel)

As for your comment "Ward had no problems being seen" ...
From what a 45 car pit crew member (Tychoniewicz) stated about what the 45 car driver said when he got to the pit ...

Quote:
i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love.
Mark Tychoniewicz
August 10 at 10:30am
https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychon...44718932205116

Obviously Ward was not as easy to see as you like to think he was.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:32 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
I was talking to a friend of mine and he made some good points about this case. He thinks that there is a plea and monetary settlement deal going on behind the scenes. This makes sense since the investigation is taking so long. If this is the case, then I will be wrong about the level of corruption in the justice system. I really do hope I am wrong about this. The plea deal should involve some jail time for Tony he should not be left off the hook for killing Kevin Ward. It would still be travesty of justice, if he does not get any jail time. Tony supporters will not be happy, if their hero spends some time behind bars.

If he does plea out, then he will probably take a break from racing. There is no way the sponsors stick with him after he pleads to felony counts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Arm chair detectives. Anything less than a murder charge you will cry foul. If it goes to court and Tony is found not guilty you will cry foul.
No matter the outcome the probability of Ward's parents taking Tony to "get even" (civil) court is very high.
When I read statements such as above I truly hope I'm never in the position where my life depends on the objectivity of 12 BEMs.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 PM

Tony is not going to have an easy time of it when he makes it back to the track. There are a lot of unanswered questions that he will have to answer when dealing with the press. First of all his story makes no sense. If he wants to claim sight lines, lighting and Kevin Ward's clothing were the issue, then why were they not a problem for other racers? Paul Kinney said he saw Ward, "as clear as day." If he wants to claim that he was steering away from Ward, then how come his car is travelling from low to high on the track? He was clearly aiming his car at Ward. If he wants to claim that he had no idea that he caused Ward to crash, that is contradicted by just looking at his tires. He clearly steers into Ward's car. Charlie Dorn a friend of Kevin Ward has told the media that there was a rivalry between Ward and Stewart. They had clashed in previous races. So, is it really reasonable to believe that Stewart did not know he caused the kid to crash? Stewart's temper is very well documented as well as his history of assaulting people. Next there is the raceceiver that all drivers are required to have according to the Canandaigua track rules. They most likely communicated the caution conditions and the crash. The Yellow flag also came out. So, he had to know both from the radio and the Yellow flag the something was going on. The possible excuses for Tony just do not hold water. He clearly hit the gas and steered his car into Ward Jr. This was Murder 2.

Lastly there are the reports of evidence tampering. The night of the race there were reports of there being a GoPro camera on his car. It was also reported that the RR tire was removed from his car by his crew next to his race hauler. When Sheriff Povero was asked about the GoPro camera he claimed to have no knowledge of the camera. Tmz reported that they had several sources that claimed Tony always used a GoPro to record all of his sprint car races. So, where is the camera? And what happened to the RR tire? In addition Tmz reported that no audio evidence was collected by the Sheriff. This is strange because the wouldn't a recording of what was broadcast over the raceceiver be relevant? This lack of collecting audio evidence could also be a lot more sinister on the part of the Sheriff. Because there were stories of Stewart communicating to his race crew something to the effect that he wanted to "teach this kid a lesson". If he is destroying evidence then he must know that he did something very wrong. He did something criminal.

Tony Stewart murdered Kevin Ward. He let his infamous temper get the better of him and topped off Ward. His possible excuses make no sense. This was murder in the second degree. He should be spending some time in prison behind this.

The sad thing is he probably is going to get away with it. Our corrupt justice system is going to let him get away with it. In America if you are a multimillionaire you have a license to kill. His money and NASCAR will cover it all up.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Tony is not going to have an easy time of it when he makes it back to the track. There are a lot of unanswered questions that he will have to answer when dealing with the press. First of all his story makes no sense. If he wants to claim sight lines, lighting and Kevin Ward's clothing were the issue, then why were they not a problem for other racers? Paul Kinney said he saw Ward, "as clear as day." If he wants to claim that he was steering away from Ward, then how come his car is travelling from low to high on the track? He was clearly aiming his car at Ward. If he wants to claim that he had no idea that he caused Ward to crash, that is contradicted by just looking at his tires. He clearly steers into Ward's car. Charlie Dorn a friend of Kevin Ward has told the media that there was a rivalry between Ward and Stewart. They had clashed in previous races. So, is it really reasonable to believe that Stewart did not know he caused the kid to crash? Stewart's temper is very well documented as well as his history of assaulting people. Next there is the raceceiver that all drivers are required to have according to the Canandaigua track rules. They most likely communicated the caution conditions and the crash. The Yellow flag also came out. So, he had to know both from the radio and the Yellow flag the something was going on. The possible excuses for Tony just do not hold water. He clearly hit the gas and steered his car into Ward Jr. This was Murder 2.

Lastly there are the reports of evidence tampering. The night of the race there were reports of there being a GoPro camera on his car. It was also reported that the RR tire was removed from his car by his crew next to his race hauler. When Sheriff Povero was asked about the GoPro camera he claimed to have no knowledge of the camera. Tmz reported that they had several sources that claimed Tony always used a GoPro to record all of his sprint car races. So, where is the camera? And what happened to the RR tire? In addition Tmz reported that no audio evidence was collected by the Sheriff. This is strange because the wouldn't a recording of what was broadcast over the raceceiver be relevant? This lack of collecting audio evidence could also be a lot more sinister on the part of the Sheriff. Because there were stories of Stewart communicating to his race crew something to the effect that he wanted to "teach this kid a lesson". If he is destroying evidence then he must know that he did something very wrong. He did something criminal.

Tony Stewart murdered Kevin Ward. He let his infamous temper get the better of him and topped off Ward. His possible excuses make no sense. This was murder in the second degree. He should be spending some time in prison behind this.

The sad thing is he probably is going to get away with it. Our corrupt justice system is going to let him get away with it. In America if you are a multimillionaire you have a license to kill. His money and NASCAR will cover it all up.
right because you are such a bloody expert on everything that you should be the one leading the investigation, so why are you not there right now telling everyone what the answers are to every question?

trouble is that you are getting far ahead of yourself, and you are making claims of which you have absolutely NO clue about. so why not let the REAL experts finish the investigation, and let things follow the proper legal course, and actually see what happens? that way you can stop embarrassing yourself every time you post you drivel.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 AM

I want to make a recommendation, if you do not already have it, I suggest you download a copy of vlc media player and watch the video frame by frame. VLC has feature that lets you play YouTubes frame by frame. It will let you view the video even slower than slow motion and watch the video frame by frame. Ward does not grab onto anything. When Tony revs his engine you see Kevin begins to try and get out of the way. The frames clearly show this to be the case. Ward gets hit mid stride running up the hill by the right front quarter of Stewart's car. BTW- When I say, Ward is hit head on by Stewart I mean that he was hit by the front of Stewart's car. And if you look at it frame by frame that is exactly what you see.

So, Ward is running up the bank of the track and is hit mid stride. In the frame preceding impact you can see that his stride is pretty wide to as he runs up the bank of the track. Ward is running to his left to avoid being hit dead center by Tony's car. Ward is struck on his right hand side and since his weight is on left foot he pivots clockwise falling against the right hand side of Stewart's car. He flips and is then struck by the right rear wheel of Tony's car. That is how Ward was killed.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:46 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:

You are totally clueless.. you know less about the legal system then you do sprint car racing it seems. And you didnt even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Maybe youre only 10 or 11 years old, relying on TMZ for legal info and for analysis of the investigation... That. Is. Comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing