Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,788 times

Advertisements

Hahaha, no - but although, maybe I should broaden my horizons and try something new these days? Hm... 360, here I come!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 PM

5,872 posts, read 11,949,278 times
Nope. Only thing that comes close was the time I locked myself out of the house and was in nothing but a bathrobe. I had a spare key in my car's glovebox and called DH to come meet me half way with a house key since we lived in Georgetown at the time and we both worked in Austin. I drove down I-35 in the bathrobe hoping no one noticed me!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,719,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickasarbata View Post
What a fantastic post! I have to say I'm shocked that a state as conservative as Texas (I know Austin is much more liberal, but it is TEXAS penal code, after all) has no problem with public nudity! I think that's pretty great! I don't personally plan to wander around naked in Austin (or drive around naked, although I might have to try it!), but I like that Texas realizes that as long as you aren't being inappropriate or hurting anyone, being naked shouldn't be a crime! I'm very pleasantly surprised!

Austin isn't much more liberal than other cities in texas, it's just marketed that way. Noone should actually pay much attention to stereotypes; Texans actually do know how to have fun

Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,027,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Nope. Only thing that comes close was the time I locked myself out of the house and was in nothing but a bathrobe. I had a spare key in my car's glovebox and called DH to come meet me half way with a house key since we lived in Georgetown at the time and we both worked in Austin. I drove down I-35 in the bathrobe hoping no one noticed me!
I can sorta relate about the getting-locked-out part. As a freshman in HS I had to jump out of a second story window in my underwear when I was at a girl's house at 2am because her dad overheard us (not like that though). Well, there were 4 of us total, me and my friend (who jumped out with me) talked it over down the street for 20 minutes before walking back to the house to ring the doorbell and ask for our pants back. Of course her dad answered which was no good but we had to because we were about 12 miles from my house and an older friend dropped us off. We ended up having to walk the whole way back home, and it took us until 10am and it went through mostly barrio. The only reason we knew where we were going was the skyline - we had no idea. We walked from Jim Miller/30 to Hillcrest/Lovers to be exact (Dallas). One of the scariest things that had happened to me at that point in my life. Two years later I spent 3 days in a mexican jail during spring break, which trumped that. I hope no one who knows me reads this.

So your husband didn't drive the whole way? oh, cmon you should have raked him over the coals for that one.

Last edited by jobert; 03-29-2010 at 01:19 AM..

Old 03-29-2010, 01:09 AM

To answer the question, I have - but only for runs to Taco Bell early morning in the summer. I can't really do it as much anymore, and I'm at the point now where I might need to wait for the kids to move out first. I don't want to embarrass them. I recommend everyone do it at least once before it's too late.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM

587 posts, read 1,421,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
To answer the question, I have - but only for runs to Taco Bell early morning in the summer..
What was the reaction of the Taco Bell staff?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Being that it was an SUV, I assume they thought I was just not wearing a shirt.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 AM

680 posts, read 1,385,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Austin isn't much more liberal than other cities in texas, it's just marketed that way. Noone should actually pay much attention to stereotypes; Texans actually do know how to have fun
I'm not experienced with streaking while in a vehicle, but I would guess that it has no correlation to politics and a very high correlation to boredom and alcohol. So my guess is that nude driving per capita would be most common around small towns in west Texas.

Take my comments with a grain of salt, I'm not a social scientist and have not devoted any significant time to researching the subject of nude driving.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,855,104 times
I don't know if I am ready to share my naked stories with everyone just yet.

I just assumed though that it was a right of passage as an Austinite that you made at least one trip to Hippie Hollow and sunbathed on the rocks. I wonder how many of our Hard core "natives" have enjoyed that experience. I get the feeling a lot of your straight laced posters are QUITE freaky deaky when no one is watching.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,719,540 times
When I lived in Clear Lake a number of my guy friends made it an annual tradition to get naked and run in front of the risers the City set up for the Boat Races near the house we all hung out at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin