Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM

606 posts, read 2,006,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Actually from my experience I have found the Midwest to be Real segregated towards diversity. Especially when they see an AA move in down the street. Some cities where you can feel it are Cincinatti, Toledo and Detroit....
The same is true for a lot of Atlanta's suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,324,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
The President is Black. Isn't that the ultimate sign of progress? When are we going to get over this stuff. Articles like this do our society no good. What is the #2 city for White Population? Asian? Hispanic? WHO CARES!!! Stop keeping supporting this devisive garbage.
Well at least your first sentence is true. This stuff definitely matters when talking about policy and economics.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,324,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Can someone please post some information, raw data, statistics, ANYTHING to back up claims that:

1. A majority of the blacks that have moved to Atlanta since 2000 have college degrees/high educational attainment
2. The black people moving to Atlanta have higher incomes than blacks moving to other metros

The OP's article had nothing to do with the income of the blacks moving here, nor any mention of their educational attainment.

On the basis of this forum, the black relos seem to be evenly split between college educated blacks and single mothers on section 8. But based on the drastic post-1990 demographic changes that have occurred in the southern counties, coupled with the crime increases those counties are seeing, I would guess the majority of black people moving here belong to the latter group.
...and based on your insecurities and disingenuous posts, I would guess you belong to a declining segment of the population that is going the way of the do-do bird. But then again, you'll always have Arizona.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,110,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
...and based on your insecurities and disingenuous posts, I would guess you belong to a declining segment of the population that is going the way of the do-do bird. But then again, you'll always have Arizona.
And I would guess, based on your posts, you have absolutely no evidence of the educational attainment or income levels of these people. Instead of attacking the argument, which you are unable/afraid to do, you attack the arguer. And whats the best way to do that? Well of course - the race card! Thank god for the race card - whenever we are unable/afraid to address an argument, we can use the race card to discredit the argument altogether by labeling the arguer a racist.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM

142 posts, read 419,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
What part of NYC are you located? Because NYC has a lot of AA that are educated.
I live in Astoria and work in Midtown. I frequent the Upper West Side (friends) and The Lower East side (night life).

Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM

30 posts, read 95,703 times
Quote:
And I would guess, based on your posts, you have absolutely no evidence of the educational attainment or income levels of these people. Instead of attacking the argument, which you are unable/afraid to do, you attack the arguer. And whats the best way to do that? Well of course - the race card! Thank god for the race card - whenever we are unable/afraid to address an argument, we can use the race card to discredit the argument altogether by labeling the arguer a racist.
Amen...

Old 05-18-2010, 11:40 PM

4,844 posts, read 6,113,456 times
Quote:
Can someone please post some information, raw data, statistics, ANYTHING to back up claims that:

1. A majority of the blacks that have moved to Atlanta since 2000 have college degrees/high educational attainment
2. The black people moving to Atlanta have higher incomes than blacks moving to other metros

The OP's article had nothing to do with the income of the blacks moving here, nor any mention of their educational attainment.

On the basis of this forum, the black relos seem to be evenly split between college educated blacks and single mothers on section 8. But based on the drastic post-1990 demographic changes that have occurred in the southern counties, coupled with the crime increases those counties are seeing, I would guess the majority of black people moving here belong to the latter group.
Quote:
I like how you say "On the basis of this forum, the black relos" then turn around and say someone is playing the race card? WOW

And I'm trying to fugure out why are you stating "based on the drastic post-1990 demographic changes that have occurred in the southern counties, coupled with the crime increases those counties are seeing, I would guess the majority of black people moving here belong to the latter group"

What the Relevance of this comment? then you question the black affluent population here. Your right The OP's article had nothing to do with the income of the blacks moving here, nor any mention of their educational attainment. but OP's article had nothing about crime and single mothers on section 8 either.

Everyone was stating positive things.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:59 AM

325 posts, read 980,295 times
Quote:

Ok..with that being said, say there is no firm data to prove 1 & 2's assumptions. Does validate your assumption? How about you enlighten me with some firm proof that what your assuming is correct? It really doesn't validate your opinion that the "black relos" are evenly split bw college grads and single mothers on section 8, which btw has NOTHING to do with the OP's post. I am not attacking you so PLEASE don't misunderstand, but for the proof your asking from someone else's opinion/assumptions, I think you should have posted your statics, raw data, etc. to back up your assumption. Don't ask for what you can't produce

Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 AM

479 posts, read 703,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
...I would guess you belong to a declining segment of the population that is going the way of the do-do bird. But then again, you'll always have Arizona.
Classic. The poster's not so subtle contention that "white people/culture are fading into oblivion". Interesting how its cool for some to boast about whites' so-called inevitable racial and cultural genocide at the hands of "others". BTW, its dodo bird...

Whites are till a majority of the total US population. No one group is likely to displace whites as the single largest group. When whites are less than half of the total, just think of all the special hiring practices that will finally tilt in our favor. Oh boy, we can hardly wait!

FYI, the president is half white. He was raised by his white mother and white grandparents. He has an ivy league education. Culturally, he is more white than a lot of people with two white parents....

Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 AM

8,487 posts, read 15,017,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Classic. The poster's not so subtle contention that "white people/culture are fading into oblivion". Interesting how its cool for some to boast about whites' so-called inevitable racial and cultural genocide at the hands of "others". BTW, its dodo bird...
Actually, he was talking about bigots and xenophobes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta