Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,323 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating from Biloxi to the Atlanta area in mid Sep. Our second move in 18 months. Two years ago I was in Renton WA.

My office will be in Smyrna, but I will be responsible for another office in Newnan. At this time I don't know how often I will be needed in Newnan, so would prefer to live between the two. I assume that the commute is about 1 hour between them.

I have no school age children, but my youngest has asperger syndrome and is at home. I'm looking for a rental in a good neighborhood. Currently I'm looking along the I-285 corridor. Mostly in Austell, Douglasville and then south to Union City, Fairburn. With the main office in Smyrna I really don't want to be too far south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,886 times
We are also moving to the Atlanta area in two months. My husband will be working in the same area)smyrna right off 285). We are considering Peachtree City (supposed to be approx 35 min commute). The schools are rated high (mcintosh 5th in GA). We are also considering east cobb and Kennesaw although I do favor Peachtree City. You really need to find the right school for your son, there is a list available at the following link. Georgia Report Card for Parents (http://reportcard.gppf.org/Default.aspx - broken link) this and The Governor's Office of Student Achievement
are my bible. God luck
Teri

Old 08-30-2009, 05:19 PM

16,729 posts, read 29,609,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfriday View Post
I will be relocating from Biloxi to the Atlanta area in mid Sep. Our second move in 18 months. Two years ago I was in Renton WA.

My office will be in Smyrna, but I will be responsible for another office in Newnan. At this time I don't know how often I will be needed in Newnan, so would prefer to live between the two. I assume that the commute is about 1 hour between them.

I have no school age children, but my youngest has asperger syndrome and is at home. I'm looking for a rental in a good neighborhood. Currently I'm looking along the I-285 corridor. Mostly in Austell, Douglasville and then south to Union City, Fairburn. With the main office in Smyrna I really don't want to be too far south.
I recommend the Camp Creek Area of South Fulton County (west of I-285!). Nice, pretty, safe, great shopping/daily conveniences, and many housing options.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 AM

I assume you mean the area around Camp Creek Pkwy? At least that is the closest I can see on Google maps. What about the area along the I-20 corridor? I certainly want to stay west of I-285.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I recommend the Camp Creek Area of South Fulton County (west of I-285!). Nice, pretty, safe, great shopping/daily conveniences, and many housing options.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terim View Post
We are also moving to the Atlanta area in two months. My husband will be working in the same area)smyrna right off 285). We are considering Peachtree City (supposed to be approx 35 min commute). The schools are rated high (mcintosh 5th in GA). We are also considering east cobb and Kennesaw although I do favor Peachtree City. You really need to find the right school for your son, there is a list available at the following link. Georgia Report Card for Parents (http://reportcard.gppf.org/Default.aspx - broken link) this and The Governor's Office of Student Achievement
are my bible. God luck
Teri
Sorry I didn't notice the last part. My son is over 30 and will be looking for a work/living arrangement. With the current economy I don't see him getting any work until next year.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
MGD

122 posts, read 290,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfriday View Post
Sorry I didn't notice the last part. My son is over 30 and will be looking for a work/living arrangement. With the current economy I don't see him getting any work until next year.
He can try temp agencies. Send resumes to like 10 or 20 at a time and call them after you send the resume and filled out their online profile.

Make sure the temp agency deals with your field, and your level of experience.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,592,719 times
Hi Ken,

You don't mention how capable your son is. Most of the grocery stores around here are very good about employing people with varying abilities. I am not very familiar with the particualr areas you are looking at. We are in NE Cobb, in Marietta. We previously lived in Kent, and Woodinville, WA. I will say this about looking for a place to live, never underestimate the traffic in Atlanta. Take the traffic on the S-curves, and multiply it by10. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:50 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,871,142 times
Kroger (one of the major grocery stores in the area) appears to be very friendly to adults with Autism spectrum disorders and/or Down Syndrome. I also got to know a young man who worked "the back room" at Wolf Camera who had Asperger's. Although he generally did not with interact the customers, the routine of helping to develop the pictures seemed a good fit for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta