Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,640 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Cleveland, OH and I would like to reloacte to the Atlanta, GA within 6-12 mos. I would prefer a more suburban area no more than 30 mins outside the city. Looking for a mixed cultured area with a good public school district. Im not yet ready to purchase a home but would like a nice townhome/condo to rent. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzie0921 View Post
I currently live in Cleveland, OH and I would like to reloacte to the Atlanta, GA within 6-12 mos. I would prefer a more suburban area no more than 30 mins outside the city. Looking for a mixed cultured area with a good public school district. Im not yet ready to purchase a home but would like a nice townhome/condo to rent. Any suggestions???
The Atlanta metro area is ... rather large. Where would you be working? That usually determines the general areas you'd want to look at for housing, etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 10,640 times
i currently work for AT&T which just purchased BellSouth. So I have a few options but nothing concrete. I really just want to be pointed in the right direction. i need something resonable in price with a low crime rate and good schools. i've looked at Riverdale, Smyrna, and Jonesboro. they have a good mix of people but i heard Clayton ****y is not exactly the greatest. If you have a couple neighborhoods your would recommend looking into please let me know. Thanks

Old 03-11-2008, 09:41 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Smyrna/Vinings or Brookhaven. If public transit is a requirement or desire, the Brookhaven area has a MARTA rail station. Smyrna/Vinings are not service by MARTA.

Yeah, forget Clayton... they're having major problems with their schools (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/clayton/stories/2008/02/15/accreditation_0216.html - broken link)(and as a result, home prices will drop, businesses may move, etc).

Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM

22 posts, read 145,267 times
Quote:
i currently work for AT&T which just purchased BellSouth. So I have a few options but nothing concrete. I really just want to be pointed in the right direction. i need something resonable in price with a low crime rate and good schools. i've looked at Riverdale, Smyrna, and Jonesboro. they have a good mix of people but i heard Clayton ****y is not exactly the greatest. If you have a couple neighborhoods your would recommend looking into please let me know. Thanks

i live in Henry County and the schools are top notch here. there is an At&t location in McDonough. i have a house for sale/lease in Locust Grove that is within 10 mins from that location.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Oh no....what exactly did you hear about Clayton County?? Is it crime infested??

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Oh no....what exactly did you hear about Clayton County?? Is it crime infested??
You don't have to "hear about it" - do some googling online and you'll find what you need to know about crime and the school problems in Clayton.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
You don't have to "hear about it" - do some googling online and you'll find what you need to know about crime and the school problems in Clayton.
What do you know?? I'm moving there soon. It like an ok area when I went there. Is Riverdale a bad area?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
What do you know?? I'm moving there soon. It like an ok area when I went there. Is Riverdale a bad area?
Riverdale is, IMO, rough...if I was set on the southside, I'd go a little farther out to Peachtree City or Newnan.
Also, there seems to be a lot of satisfaction among Henry County residents.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM

6 posts, read 37,900 times
Clayton County schools are having the accreditation revoked by SACS, the national accreditation board. As a result, graduating students will not be eligible for the HOPE grant, they will be significantly less competitive in college admissions, and the school system won't qualify for a lot of funding. I'm sure there are a lot of other negatives that I can't think of off the top of my head. Having your accreditation revoked by SACS is a really big deal. It could deal a serious blow to the Clayton County economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta