Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 05:09 PM

325 posts, read 983,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
So in other words you have no definition? Or was that a jab at the homosexual community. Clarify for us please.
Lol..your being too deep for no reason...no I was not referring to the homosexual community, because this has nothing to do with that...apples and oranges. If you read above, I said "anything that prevents a man from being a man," is what makes a sorry one. So as for NO definition, please read above again...why do I need to clarify what a "sorry man" is? People have their own ideas about what consitutes a sorry man...mine is (once again), ANYTHING THAT PREVENTS A MAN FROM BEING A MAN. Period. So the qualities of having no job, no ambition, and no integrity could be one persons idea of a sorry man, and another person could say, no car, no hustle, and no morals are qualities of a sorry man. SO.........just because I do not feel the need to be specific, DOES NOT MEAN I do not have a definition...if I chose to be general bc. it varies vastly, take the hint and quit digging deep for something thats not there...lol

Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,532,323 times
That would mean that a man had his penis removed? The only thing that PREVENTS a man from being an actual man is ownership of a penis, which would make them a woman correct? So by your definition a "sorry man" = "a woman"

hmmmmm

Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
That would mean that a man had his penis removed? The only thing that PREVENTS a man from being an actual man is ownership of a penis, which would make them a woman correct? So by your definition a "sorry man" = "a woman"

hmmmmm
Sure...if you say so...since you have it figured out "or not"...lol

Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,332,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Well some of us still cook (like myself), but men are soo physical that they never get the opportunity to experience that...why shouldn't 1950 standards still apply? That's the problem, men have too many excuses for why they can't be men anymore. I see plenty of men out here still with those same standards, and if the woman is a good one, she won't expect to go out all the time, or expect you to spend money everytime you go out. When I date, men (the few that have had the luxury..lol) are shocked that I cook, and I'm willing to pay around the 4th date, or that sometimes I don't wanna go anywhere and I just want to chill at home, have a drink and watch a movie. It's not that I want him to spend all the time, I just want to know that if there is someting I wanna do, he would be WILLING to spend the money because he knows I'm worth it.
Wooooooww!!!!!!

BOY did you go overboard with that one! Not only did you totally misunderstand what I said but to equate spending money with being a "Real Man"? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!?!

So let's just ignore the fact that some of us black men weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouths. Let's just ignore the fact that for the last 40 years women have been competing with us for the same jobs which drives down our salaries. Hey, WE can even ignore the high costs of going to college and the fact that some of us men who by your standards are not "REAL MEN" have to take blue collared jobs, join the military and endure other untold hardships.

Arrogant self-centered comments like yours which are TYPICAL of the midsets of sistas in this city, state AND Country ticks me off. No willingness to understand, no willingness to come to the table and bargain, NOTHING.... It's simply your way or the highway. Crap like THAT is why so many of y'all are single. You can't stand to see things in any other POV but yours. What SUPREME arrogance that is...

Old 05-01-2009, 11:34 PM

I am so over the sistas, its sad... Nothing but pure arrogance. Have fun reading those Terry McMillan books, y'all...

Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I am so over the sistas, its sad... Nothing but pure arrogance. Have fun reading those Terry McMillan books, y'all...
Sweety...black women are probably over you..lol..There was absolutely NOTHING arrogant about my answer. If you can't handle the truth, then don't make the statement...lol...that's probably the excuse you use to say what you say about black women because you can't be viewed as a REAL man. Those who get offended by the truth, are usually those men that make excuses for why they can't be men..lol..I never get offended by things that don't apply to me, so clearly bc my comments hit a nerve, they apply...that may be something you should work on, just in case a black woman decides to become interested in YOU..lol

Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Wooooooww!!!!!!

BOY did you go overboard with that one! Not only did you totally misunderstand what I said but to equate spending money with being a "Real Man"? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!?!

So let's just ignore the fact that some of us black men weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouths. Let's just ignore the fact that for the last 40 years women have been competing with us for the same jobs which drives down our salaries. Hey, WE can even ignore the high costs of going to college and the fact that some of us men who by your standards are not "REAL MEN" have to take blue collared jobs, join the military and endure other untold hardships.

Arrogant self-centered comments like yours which are TYPICAL of the midsets of sistas in this city, state AND Country ticks me off. No willingness to understand, no willingness to come to the table and bargain, NOTHING.... It's simply your way or the highway. Crap like THAT is why so many of y'all are single. You can't stand to see things in any other POV but yours. What SUPREME arrogance that is...
Actually your quite wrong....bargain what? The fact that you make excuses for why women compete and make just as much or more? Gimmie a break dude....you can't tell me NOTHING about hardcore jobs, because i am currently IN THE US ARMY, and have been deployed already AND i have a child...so cry me a river ok....? I wouldn't recommend you running your mouth about untold hardships, bc I served in the war AND I am required to do the same things as the men....anything else? Don't speak on things you have no clue about, because CLEARLY you have no clue....lol

Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,882,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Lol..your being too deep for no reason...no I was not referring to the homosexual community, because this has nothing to do with that...apples and oranges. If you read above, I said "anything that prevents a man from being a man," is what makes a sorry one. So as for NO definition, please read above again...why do I need to clarify what a "sorry man" is? People have their own ideas about what consitutes a sorry man...mine is (once again), ANYTHING THAT PREVENTS A MAN FROM BEING A MAN. Period. So the qualities of having no job, no ambition, and no integrity could be one persons idea of a sorry man, and another person could say, no car, no hustle, and no morals are qualities of a sorry man. SO.........just because I do not feel the need to be specific, DOES NOT MEAN I do not have a definition...if I chose to be general bc. it varies vastly, take the hint and quit digging deep for something thats not there...lol

I wouldn't think someone is "sorry" for not having certain things (car, job, etc)...but moreso someone who:

1. looks for and expects someone to support him.
2. is dishonest about his intentions.
3. is deceitful or shady in any way.

Of course, many times the ones who don't have a job or a car are the exact same ones who fit the "sorry" category.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I wouldn't think someone is "sorry" for not having certain things (car, job, etc)...but moreso someone who:

1. looks for and expects someone to support him.
2. is dishonest about his intentions.
3. is deceitful or shady in any way.

Of course, many times the ones who don't have a job or a car are the exact same ones who fit the "sorry" category.
THANK YOU Deacon J........someone who gets it!

Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 PM

Can't have a good convo with the sistas anymore, I swear. What I call context and historical background, others call "excuses." What I call struggling brothas trying to make it, others call it "Lazy good for nothing black men."

The unfortunate part is, you will never see the brothas go on Tyra Banks or some other talk show and reading some crappy ol' enablin' books on why there ain't good black women, that's for sure. Stay blessed sistas, 'cuz y'all will definitely need it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta