Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:35 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,998,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Hyperbole? On the part of whom? Are supposed to roll over when someone posts something so absurd and reactionary in OUR forum? And for our defense of a place we happen to enjoy, we're labeled 'super homers' (a more sophomoric term I've seldom heard). Nobody here is trying to assert that Atlanta is better than anywhere else, DUDE. But I've lived in other cities, including NYC and DC, and I think we've got it pretty damn good here. If you have problem with that, sue me.
I'm leaving Atlanta for Seattle in late October. It's an exciting prospect, to be sure...but I will miss this place like hell.
That

"1. Even hotter
2. Ridiculous cost of living
3. Idiotic laws and regulations
4. Earthquakes
5. Jobs don't pay much better
6. Too much congestion
7. Extreme racism
8. Constant threat of being dropped into the ocean one day

I mean you've got nice beaches, pretty cities, entertainment, and gay stuff, but it's far from making it worth it. I think Cali is actually experiencing an exodus."

or this

"Please lol. California beaches are way overrated because the water is cold. You say Atlanta is mostly blk well California is mostly illegal mexicans. Vegas gets old after 3 days. I agree about the weather and mountains but that isn't enough to make me leave this great city. Every city has very safe neighborhoods including Detoilet and New Orleans. All and all I'm sure most people think their city is perfect. At least our ethnicities get along with each other unlike in California where the Mexicans are killing all the blacks."

But that doesn't really matter. Plus, where did I say it was wrong to love ATL, your home, more than another place? I love ATL too, but don't act like people don't like to dish things out about other places when they completely ignore the realities of living in what ever city they live in; Especially on these forums. That goes for both sides. Though the OP is clearly a troll, I'm not gonna just let people say ridiculous things about a city most of these people have never even lived in before. Are some of these things true? Yes, but a lot of it is just plain ridiculous. Nowhere did I diss ATL at all, sorry you took it that way.

Last edited by jamills21; 09-29-2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old 09-29-2014, 05:32 PM

23,509 posts, read 44,193,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
That

"1. Even hotter
2. Ridiculous cost of living
3. Idiotic laws and regulations
4. Earthquakes
5. Jobs don't pay much better
6. Too much congestion
7. Extreme racism
8. Constant threat of being dropped into the ocean one day

I mean you've got nice beaches, pretty cities, entertainment, and gay stuff, but it's far from making it worth it. I think Cali is actually experiencing an exodus."

or this

"Please lol. California beaches are way overrated because the water is cold. You say Atlanta is mostly blk well California is mostly illegal mexicans. Vegas gets old after 3 days. I agree about the weather and mountains but that isn't enough to make me leave this great city. Every city has very safe neighborhoods including Detoilet and New Orleans. All and all I'm sure most people think their city is perfect. At least our ethnicities get along with each other unlike in California where the Mexicans are killing all the blacks."

But that doesn't really matter. Plus, where did I say it was wrong to love ATL, your home, more than another place? I love ATL too, but don't act like people don't like to dish things out about other places when they completely ignore the realities of living in what ever city they live in; Especially on these forums. That goes for both sides. Though the OP is clearly a troll, I'm not gonna just let people say ridiculous things about a city most of these people have never even lived in before. Are some of these things true? Yes, but a lot of it is just plain ridiculous. Nowhere did I diss ATL at all, sorry you took it that way.
Um, I think dismissing Atlanta posters as 'super homers' was a large step in that direction. Do you read your own posts?

Old 09-29-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Um, I think dismissing Atlanta posters as 'super homers' was a large step in that direction. Do you read your own posts?
I called people who dismiss other cities and can't see that no city is perfect as "super Homers". Do you understand context? but whatever, it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited by jamills21; 09-29-2014 at 05:43 PM..

Old 09-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I called people who dismiss other cities and can't see that no city is perfect as "super Homers". Do you understand context? but whatever, it's not that big of a deal.
Reread what I said. Nobody said this city was perfect in this forum. And while your at it, attend a critical thinking seminar.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Reread what I said. Nobody said this city was perfect in this forum. And while your at it, attend a critical thinking seminar.
not really trying to get into an argument. ATL is nice, Cali is nice that is all.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:03 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,710,894 times
look jamills21...
Did you read Lovin's post where the word "Our" was italicized & get the meaning of that & the rest of the post? It completely hit the nail on the head of the op K374 & his methodology here. K374 has come in from LA & created at least 2 recent threads on the Atlanta forum that really had no business being there, which I have pointed out in both threads.
My bottom line with that is that given their topics, they definitely belong in the City vs. City area of the forum, which you might explore if you have not ever been there & see what my point is with that. As such, what K374 has done here is absolutely trollish in nature, especially with his complete lack of first hand or learned information or experience with Atlanta to draw upon. He has repeatedly written lines such as , "...I heard..." or in LA "...they say that in Atlanta..."
That's garbage writing & doesn't deserve a response from us.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
look jamills21...
Did you read Lovin's post where the word "Our" was italicized & get the meaning of that & the rest of the post? It completely hit the nail on the head of the op K374 & his methodology here. K374 has come in from LA & created at least 2 recent threads on the Atlanta forum that really had no business being there, which I have pointed out in both threads.
My bottom line with that is that given their topics, they definitely belong in the City vs. City area of the forum, which you might explore if you have not ever been there & see what my point is with that. As such, what K374 has done here is absolutely trollish in nature, especially with his complete lack of first hand or learned information or experience with Atlanta to draw upon. He has repeatedly written lines such as , "...I heard..." or in LA "...they say that in Atlanta..."
That's garbage writing & doesn't deserve a response from us.
Good enough for me. Although I did point out OP was a troll, I'll submit that this doesn't really belong here. I wasn't trying to put down ATL at all as much as trying to say that being negatively hyperbolic about another city isn't any better. Which is why I stated this isn't exclusive to ATL, but a problem with almost every city thread.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:15 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,710,894 times
Absolutely you are right, it isn't any better. Hyperbole is a major pet peeve of mine.
On the Forum at least, trolling is about the only thing that gets on my nerves even more than hyperbole.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,681,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush.bereel View Post
Low salaries, high cost of living, too damn hot, too many palm trees, too many people, I could go on....
You're in Tampa....LOL. And what you just described was Tampa.

Especially the "too damn hot" part.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Good enough for me. Although I did point out OP was a troll, I'll submit that this doesn't really belong here. I wasn't trying to put down ATL at all as much as trying to say that being negatively hyperbolic about another city isn't any better. Which is why I stated this isn't exclusive to ATL, but a problem with almost every city thread.
Backpedal much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta