Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times

Advertisements

I'm just so sick of hearing these stereotypes, so let's just get it out in the open now.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:12 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I'm just so sick of hearing these stereotypes, so let's just get it out in the open now.

Well duh. No sh*t Sherlock.

Only a blithering idiot believes all Blacks are poor and all whites are affluent.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:35 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Well duh. No sh*t Sherlock.

Only a blithering idiot believes all Blacks are poor and all whites are affluent.
No one said anything about all blacks or all whites. Try to keep up.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:35 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
No one said anything about all blacks or all whites. Try to keep up.

Oh okay. "Most Blacks....Most Whites"

Same answer. Only an idiot thinks such things.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM

577 posts, read 900,470 times
I have to laugh and roll my eyes whenever I hear people talk about white privilege and affluence. I grew up in an area with Appalachia level poverty-- 100% white. Those people were so poor, uneducated, and powerless that they make your average inner city minority look like prince charles.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
About a 1/3 of Blacks are poor and the majority of whites are deemed middle class or above. The disparities between white wealth and black wealth are well documented.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:51 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
About a 1/3 of Blacks are poor and the majority of whites are deemed middle class or above. The disparities between white wealth and black wealth are well documented.

Black people in general (at least on C-D) do not like to acknowledge the facts about their race. The OP is one such black person that I have gotten into it with on numerous occasions. I am supposedly racist b/c I state facts and statistics regarding blacks versus whites. Just wait, anyone who posts on this thread will be next to be labeled a racist!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

Black people in general (at least on C-D) do not like to acknowledge the facts about their race. The OP is one such black person that I have gotten into it with on numerous occasions. I am supposedly racist b/c I state facts and statistics regarding blacks versus whites. Just wait, anyone who posts on this thread will be next to be labeled a racist!
I see this a lot from many Black posters. When confronted with stats such as the fact that nearly half of the violent crime in this country is committed by Blacks. They'll respond with anecdotal stories, deny the validity of the stats, point out not ALL Blacks do this or that, blame whites, cite slavery or my favorite launch personal attacks (White racist, Uncle Tom etc.)

It would be comical if the issues being discussed weren't so serious.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:00 PM

313 posts, read 284,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel. View Post
True true, but blacks still on average have less money than whites.
We can all make the same and Blacks on average would still have less money than Whites. They spend their money a lot less safely than Whites and seem to live for the day rather than the future.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
We can all make the same and Blacks on average would still have less money than Whites. They spend their money a lot less safely than Whites and seem to live for the day rather than the future.
It's true, for example the Black rapper Birdman spent $8 million dollars on a freaking car, even though his personal net worth equals less than 1% of Bill Gates personal net worth.

Not even Bill Gates would drop $8 million dollars on a car, even though he easily could if he wanted to because $8 million dollars is chump change to him. But it's the principal of it. Dropping 8 mil on a car is a bad investment.

Unless a car can fly or can do time travel, there is no reason drop $ 8 million on it.

Birdman is a future MC Hammer and Mike Tyson in the making when it comes to Black rappers and sports athletes who blow all of their money away on stupid shyt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.