Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,240,381 times

Advertisements

The thing I find interesting is that when men have a type, they go for it and get it, while women are not allowed to have a type. When women have a type we are accused of being too picky. When a man wants a blonde, he goes out and gets a blonde or whatever it is he wants.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 AM

30 posts, read 91,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
The thing I find interesting is that when men have a type, they go for it and get it, while women are not allowed to have a type. When women have a type we are accused of being too picky. When a man wants a blonde, he goes out and gets a blonde or whatever it is he wants.
You are right. I think it's because men are less likely to be influenced by others, they simply do as they wish and go after whatever they want.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 AM

445 posts, read 867,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
Dating sucks in Atlanta for a black woman!! I don't even want to date a black man!! All the black men I have encountered want me to bring something to table and do things for them. What does that even mean??? I'm in my early 30's, has a job, my own car, a condo and I have been to college. What else do I need? I'm overweight but all of my overweight friends have found mates. I simply do not get it......
Is this what men are attracted to? How would a woman having a job, a car, a condo and a degree attract a romantic partner? These things are good and they mean you can take care of yourself but that's all they mean. Most of the men you would like have these same things. What feminine attributes do you "bring to the table"?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Is this what men are attracted to? How would a woman having a job, a car, a condo and a degree attract a romantic partner? These things are good and they mean you can take care of yourself but that's all they mean. Most of the men you would like have these same things. What feminine attributes do you "bring to the table"?
I have to agree with this. Women these days who have the degree, the good job, home, car, etc., they feel this makes a good catch. But often what women don't realize is that while it shows you are a responsible adult to have these things, bragging about accomplishments and trappings is actually a masculine thing to do. Men want to date women, not women who act like men.

Most men care about looks and femininity first. Everything else is a bonus. Men also have to feel chemistry with a woman coupled also with being in the settling down phase in their lives.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,477,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
You are right. I think it's because men are less likely to be influenced by others, they simply do as they wish and go after whatever they want.
That and Mother Time weighs down more heavier on women.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,477,465 times
Quote:
I have to agree with this. Women these days who have the degree, the good job, home, car, etc., they feel this makes a good catch. But often what women don't realize is that while it shows you are a responsible adult to have these things, bragging about accomplishments and trappings is actually a masculine thing to do.

Most men care about looks and femininity first. Everything else is a bonus.
Kaboom. Women but be wise to take note of this statement.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That and Mother Time weighs down more heavier on women.
That's not true at all. While visiting my hometown last week, I saw many guys that I grew up with. They are all overweight or obese and old-looking. My sister and I are still slim and attractive and look the same but we couldn't say the same at all for the guys we grew up with.

Men are under the delusion that they can age and gain weight and it doesn't make any difference for them. They think they are still attractive. Men are allowed to age and gain weight but women aren't.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:43 PM

30 posts, read 91,216 times
Quote:
That's not true at all. While visiting my hometown last week, I saw many guys that I grew up with. They are all overweight or obese and old-looking. My sister and I are still slim and attractive and look the same but we couldn't say the same at all for the guys we grew up with.

Men are under the delusion that they can age and gain weight and it doesn't make any difference for them. They think they are still attractive. Men are allowed to age and gain weight but women aren't.
I've encountered the same thing. I look much younger than I am, and I'm in great shape. Unfortunately, most of the guys that I attended H.S. with, look much older for some odd reason. Perhaps it's from all of the drinking...

Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM

439 posts, read 854,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
I constantly hear that Atlanta is the "black mecca," but it certainly doesn't seem like the black dating mecca. Are there plenty of suitable dating options for professional black women?
As to upward mobility for anyone: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/bu..._20130722&_r=0

Atlanta was found to be THE worse city in the country for upward mobility. I never believed their hype. Is all boosterism. Based on reality on the streets. observation and witness accounts I can positively affirm that the "black mecca" is no more, it actually never really was. It has been made up.

As to dating. I never encountered a married black female there. I mean, seriously married in a long term monogamous relationship. I'd say most of them put up with the 'culture' that goes down there. Either they are separated (the husbands left them but never divorced, husbands do not like to pay alimony or child support so they remain married), date bumps who date everyone else, mostly are single mothers.

City lacks diversity and it is too monolithic.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM

439 posts, read 854,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
The #1 fear of women meeting guys online is that they might turn out to be a serial killer. The #1 fear of men meeting women online is that they might turn out to be fat. Accept the reality and position yourself accordingly.
Being that there is a large amount of overweight women in Atlanta, what you're stating although truth, will never be accepted. Because that means admitting to a problem and subsequently having to lose weight. They do not want to do that because their crutch is their fat which they exchange for 'confidence'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta