Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 PM

268 posts, read 345,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I posted evidence. If you disagree post facts not personal opinions
lol tony i disagree with you on a lot of things but you on point here

Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangejelly View Post
Your experience is limited.
they are right, come to portland or seattle and then tell me atl in those realms when it come to interracial dating i see young and old black women with other races in seattle

Old 07-08-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
False. By your standards of segregation every major city in the country ia segregated. Look at the segregation maps that was posted on here regarding major US cities and you will see that Atlanta is the least segregated. Stats and a report posted on here a few months ago state the same thing. Real segregation is in NYC, Chicago and LA.
lol i can tell you have not been to the far north big cites like minneapolis seattle or portland.metro seattle has the highest rate of mixed race folks in in the usa. it is segregated as heck there in atl that is a joke who made that map.i go thru the hood in seattle and see mexicans asians arabs black whites living there you do not see that in poor areas in atl or most places in this counrty

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,693,300 times
I think people need to realize the rate of interracial relationships has to do with supply. If you are black in Atlanta you have a good selection of black people to date. Seattle is less than 8% black, Portland is less than 7% black, and Minneapolis is 18% Black(and 60% white). You have a small pool of black people(in Seattle and Portland especially) and a large pool of white people.

Of course the people complaining about Atlanta not being cosmopolitan only see what they want.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM

421 posts, read 750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
they are right, come to portland or seattle and then tell me atl in those realms when it come to interracial dating i see young and old black women with other races in seattle
You don't have any choice but to date interracially in those cities if you are black. There are hardly any black people there!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,040,142 times
Incarceration rates, education level, and a slew of other social factors stack the deck if you are an educated woman looking for an educated black man.

My gf has said many times, "black men in Atlanta are no joke", meaning that just finding a normal, stable dating relationship is a big challenge if you are not willing to consider other ethnicities.

Its possible. My gf found me eventually, but she endured a series of very crappy people and circumstances before things fell into place.

If you are overweight, then as shallow as this sounds.... if the rest of your life is already more-or-less together then I would highly recommend getting into healthier shape. There is no reason that you can't become the 'total package'.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
If you are overweight, then as shallow as this sounds.... if the rest of your life is already more-or-less together then I would highly recommend getting into healthier shape. There is no reason that you can't become the 'total package'.
I'm in favor of people getting healthy but here's one vote against the idea that you need to worry about losing weight in order to fit into ideal of perfection.

AOL On - Oprah On Weight Loss: "I Thought ... Being Thin Made Me Better"

Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM

27 posts, read 30,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm in favor of people getting healthy but here's one vote against the idea that you need to worry about losing weight in order to fit into ideal of perfection.

AOL On - Oprah On Weight Loss: "I Thought ... Being Thin Made Me Better"
The OP did not provide info on her size, but if she is a normal/thin weight, and has a professional network, she shouldn't have a problem meeting and dating people from all ethnicities, even in Atlanta.

I think it is important for people to be in a healthy mental and physical state when searching for a husband or wife, to ensure that you attract the best person possible. If you are in good shape, your dating options will only expand.

There are plenty of overweight women in the south (this is especially true amongst black American women);thin/inshape black women definitely have an advantage with respect
to dating professional men of all races.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:40 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki_Anderson View Post
...thin/inshape black women definitely have an advantage with respect
to dating professional men of all races.
Why is that? There are plenty of perfectly normal black women who are not particularly thin.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM

27 posts, read 30,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Why is that? There are plenty of perfectly normal black women who are not particularly thin.
It's a good idea to exercise and maintain a healthy weight. Some women have larger bones than others, but generally if you eat healthy and exercise, you will not be obese or chunky, your body shape will be either thin or average.

I think maintaining a good weight allows a person to feel confident and appear more attractive, which increases the odds of meeting the type of person that you desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta