Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:37 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
The ratio of men to women in Atlanta is even. Everybody that says that it is 20 women to 1 man doesn't know what they are talking about. As long as you a decent woman that brings something to the table you should do ok here. Plus you must have realistic expectations. A woman with 5 kids by 5 different men, with 100 tattoos working at the Waffle House can't expect to date a preacher or a NBA Player. A man that is 5'1 and weights 500 pounds working at Burger King can't expect to date Miss America. Let's keep it real.

BTW, here are the real stats of the local male female population

Atlanta Georgia
Female persons, percent, 2010 50.2% 51.2%

So if there are 50.2% women in Atlanta that means it is 49.8% men. Pretty even to me. Someone will say "All the men are gay or in jail" but if you take away the lesbians, the crazy women, the strippers or the women who do not bring anything to the table it basically evens out 50/50

Atlanta (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Tony....shhhhhhhhhhhh! The majority of women still believe the ratio is like 7:1 women to men....LET them....it makes them more "eager and pliable" when we meet....for gods sake man, the court system is in their favor, let's not ruin this one meager advantage we currently have as men! The dating sites are proving it.

All the friends I know on the dating sites tell me it's not even fair. Apparently, there's quite a few launching themselves on every date. Amazing. And get this, the older you are the better it gets! if you are over 50 you can sense the panic in the air and blood in the water.....truly a great time and place to be a guy.....why run? Why not walk down and.....

Old 07-14-2015, 07:35 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
The ratio of men to women in Atlanta is even. Everybody that says that it is 20 women to 1 man doesn't know what they are talking about. As long as you a decent woman that brings something to the table you should do ok here. Plus you must have realistic expectations. A woman with 5 kids by 5 different men, with 100 tattoos working at the Waffle House can't expect to date a preacher or a NBA Player. A man that is 5'1 and weights 500 pounds working at Burger King can't expect to date Miss America. Let's keep it real.

BTW, here are the real stats of the local male female population

Atlanta Georgia
Female persons, percent, 2010 50.2% 51.2%

So if there are 50.2% women in Atlanta that means it is 49.8% men. Pretty even to me. Someone will say "All the men are gay or in jail" but if you take away the lesbians, the crazy women, the strippers or the women who do not bring anything to the table it basically evens out 50/50

Atlanta (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Why do you always exclude strippers?

What about crazy men and men who don't bring anything to the table?

Old 07-19-2015, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,312 times
The risk of getting wound up in legal challenges and a whole lot of suspense. I advise anyone to do thorough background checks on anyone your children want to date long before discussing marriage. Believe it is worth the time.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:08 AM

91 posts, read 136,722 times
Atlanta is a great city for single black women looking to work and date, as well as guys too! One story I listened to addressed how a black woman moved to Dallas and found that racism eventually held her in check as it does many cities. Coming from the South and growing up I'm Memphis, Tn a predominantly black city I think I was sheltered from racism. That may seem shocking to some but there are many jobs you can do and not even really encounter many white people there. This is true in Atlanta with even more high scale jobs. Subsequently with this woman she realized that getting promotions, credit, and just plain out respect wasn't as hard to come by in Dallas as Atlanta. The same can be said for Houston as well, although your support group will be probably bigger than in Dallas. Always have loved Atlanta. Black women and men can have productive experiences is just a matter of opening your eyes to find the right person and ignoring the hype. Many women disqualify great men based on things like height which has nothing to do with his ability to love and take care of her in more ways than one!

Old 07-31-2016, 09:16 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
I constantly hear that Atlanta is the "black mecca," but it certainly doesn't seem like the black dating mecca. Are there plenty of suitable dating options for professional black women?
No

Old 07-31-2016, 12:59 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxstation View Post
no
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta