Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
Sorry GSU grad, I know you hate to hear this about your school. It must be a pain to any alumni...

I am not a GSU grad--and I never attended the school. Where did you get that from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yeah, it was in the Morehouse thread where things got pretty bad. It's weird too because he's usually a heavy opponent of racism, but what he said in that thread was quite possibly the core of all racism especially towards blacks. He even said 'That isn't something you should be ashamed of'. I don't take things like that seriously because last time, I took an IQ test, I was 127...not very high, but much above average though which is like 100, if even that.
Errr..yeah..that's a can of worms not even I will open. Sorry.

I'm excited to see how UGA and Tech do this year. UGA received 21,000 applicants. They had 18,000 last year. 17,000 in 2011. Acceptance rate is going to be around 50% unless UGA chooses to accept fewer people this time around in which case it'll be lower. My beautiful Tech will just keep getting better and better. They haven't slowed down in getting more selective since 2006...

GT 2006 = 1329 3.71
GT 2007 = 1333 3.75
GT 2008 = 1335 3.77
GT 2009 = 1336 3.72
GT 2010 = 1340 3.76
GT 2011 = 1354 3.76
GT 2012 = 1365 3.76

More or less interested in seeing how KSU, GA Southern do. Next up to pass GSU is Armstrong or Valdosta St..let's see what happens..

Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
You are a credit to your race to be able to admit your genetic flaws and agree. When you inject a educational institution with a lower intellectually competent breed you get what has happened to GSU. The school is slowly turning into zoo the more blacks enter as you have pointed out. At this point it is best we let them take that school and prevent them from bringing down UGA and Tech by issuing hire standards and IQ test for admission into the other schools.

Water literally just fell out of my mouth. Are you black?

aries4118, because you randomly defend GSU while not taking part in this discussion. You also seemed to avoid the very evident trends and facts posted on this thread alone. Just an assumption. Sorry if it isn't true, but trust us. We're students here. It's a trend alright. You don't need a statistics box to point that out. I could point out a class of 2012 student from a 2011. It was that bad.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
My beautiful Tech will just keep getting better and better...

You go to Tech???

Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:

aries4118, because you randomly defend GSU while not taking part in this discussion. You also seemed to avoid the very evident trends and facts posted on this thread alone. Just an assumption. Sorry if it isn't true, but trust us. We're students here. It's a trend alright. You don't need a statistics box to point that out. I could point out a class of 2012 student from a 2011. It was that bad.

A change that has taken place in 1-1.75 years is not yet a "trend" to be concerned about.

As you move beyond your early twenties and college years you will eventually understand.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
You go to Tech???
LOL. Ok, successful troll is successful.

I was accepted if that's any consolation?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Can they really fit that much more people into UGA? If more people apply without expansion of the school, then maybe they should just start admitting less and decreasing the admission rate making them even more selective. Who knows...one day , they may become the UCLA of the South.

Not surprised at GA Tech. I've always been incredibly impressed with that school. Was on the campus a few days back. The vibe between that and GSU is astounding. I know one is in the city and one is in the 'suburbs', but yeah... big differences. Hope Tech continues to do well. Would really like it to get up there with MIT. It would just only improve Atlanta's image.

How come no one on here ever talks about the University of West Georgia? Do people just forget that university exists lol?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
A change that has taken place in 1-1.75 years is not yet a "trend" to be concerned about.

As you move beyond your early twenties and college years you will eventually understand.
It isn't just in terms of admissions and it hasn't taken place in only the past two years. Once you start understanding the USG you might understand.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM

492 posts, read 791,050 times
Quote:

Water literally just fell out of my mouth. Are you black?

You yourself agreed with me and Ant. Look at this animal garbage!

Quote:
Mixed in is one or two good posts, but it feels like worldstarhiphop.com's message board.

YOU STEADY LOOKING IM STEADY BALLIN!...just gloating a little havent told my parents yet...TIME IS MONEY PEOPLE ITS SO SIMPLE DONT MAKE THIS COMPLICATED...GET STARTED EARLY LIKE ME AN EARN THIS IN A WEEK JOIN MCA I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH ON HOW SERIOUS THIS IS REALLY EASY GO TO MY LINK ON MY PAGE AND GO TO BECOME AND ASSOCIATE THIS IS FOR ALL THE STRUGGLING MOTHER'S, #collegestudents #jobseekers #ihatemyjob PEOPLE HMU ASAP TXT ME 6789838230 OR KIK ME BABYDREADZ DON'T LET THIS MONEY CONTINUE TO FLOAT THRU YOUR TL LIKE THIS HMU ASAP

^copy and pasted from the Facebook group. Attached was a picture of a thug AUC drug dealer with a fistful of 20s.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
LOL. Ok, successful troll is successful.

I was accepted if that's any consolation?

You were?

Congrats! Then why didn't you go if you are so down on GSU and so pro-Tech?

In-state tuition is low regardless--and there is HOPE (and just about everyone has HOPE at Tech). No excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta