Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 02:02 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,144,382 times

Advertisements

The thing is GSU was doing well until 2011. It peaked at 2010-2011 right when my class applied. It's understandable that people who graduated high school in the last decade thought GSU had a bright future. It was consistently doing better and better in GPA and SAT/ACT scores. It was building more and more housing towards the end of the decade. Things were looking up for the school.

Diversity is great for GSU, but that is it's only strong point at the moment. In the end, Academics comes before diversity at any educational institution. More blacks as you said are applying to UGA, although still a fairly small number IMO especially when you see that blacks make up 30-32% of the state.

We need more brighter students. I'm tired of people trying to sit next to me in class only on exam day trying to cheat off of me. It's sad. Students here seem to not want to put in effort...it's not only the school, but many of the students as well. It's not hard to spend 3-4 hours a day 3 days before the exam and do well on it. Minimal effort to pass an exam...a lot more effort to make an A however. Passing classes here aren't difficult, yet with a 48% grad. rate, many students are likely just failing out of the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

16,711 posts, read 29,555,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
The thing is GSU was doing well until 2011.

It is very early 2013.

Actually give some time for a "trend" to take place before making assumptions/conclusions.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,662,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
It is very early 2013.

Actually give some time for a "trend" to take place before making assumptions/conclusions.

Sorry GSU grad, I know you hate to hear this about your school. It must be a pain to any alumni. Think about how bad it is for ant and I. Btw, we're not the only ones who are saying this. Most people just don't care and transfer. They cut their losses for not getting into UGA/Tech or choosing poorly in high school. You should be mad too. Try to change it. I thought GSU was supposed to uplift Atlanta? Instead, GSU is going to turn into another AUC school. GSU will blend in with Grady, five points, underground and MARTA perfectly.

"GSU's going downhill. I just looked up the admission data. Fall 2011 had 12,555 applications. Fall 2012 had 12,349. Fall 2013 had 11,769 applications. All first-year freshman admissions."

GSU gets less applications every year as more people find out that the school isn't good. Meanwhile, all the other schools see an increase in applications.. The GPA/SAT went down over the years as other schools saw an increase. I mean go look up the trend for yourself. In the 90s GSU was ahead of some schools, now all those schools surpassed it. KSU is just added to the list. GSU is below average for the USG and always has been(from what numbers I could get) Smart students just don't go to GSU. They go to other schools.

Think about it. GSU is below average in Georgia. That should say it all.

Agreed completely ant. I mean the students are just not supposed to be in college..most of them.

Look on the Facebook pages and compare to Tech UGA and even GCSU. You see hustlers, weave promoters, random political arguments, pointless troll posts, club promoters, slutty sugar mamas talking about their fetishes etc.

Mixed in is one or two good posts, but it feels like worldstarhiphop.com's message board.

YOU STEADY LOOKING IM STEADY BALLIN!...just gloating a little havent told my parents yet...TIME IS MONEY PEOPLE ITS SO SIMPLE DONT MAKE THIS COMPLICATED...GET STARTED EARLY LIKE ME AN EARN THIS IN A WEEK JOIN MCA I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH ON HOW SERIOUS THIS IS REALLY EASY GO TO MY LINK ON MY PAGE AND GO TO BECOME AND ASSOCIATE THIS IS FOR ALL THE STRUGGLING MOTHER'S, #collegestudents #jobseekers #ihatemyjob PEOPLE HMU ASAP TXT ME 6789838230 OR KIK ME BABYDREADZ DON'T LET THIS MONEY CONTINUE TO FLOAT THRU YOUR TL LIKE THIS HMU ASAP

^copy and pasted from the Facebook group. Attached was a picture of a thug AUC drug dealer with a fistful of 20s.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM

492 posts, read 791,588 times
Black people ruin everything.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
Black people ruin everything.
Is it a coincidence however that as black enrollment increased dramatically, things began going back downhill? You even said it yourself, 'Blacks on average generally have a lower IQ then almost any other race on the planet' and that they have 'primate-like' qualities. Exact quote from you.

I'm black and as far as I don't want to admit it, it seems that it is true that black enrollment is the possible cause of the decline of this educational institution. If you compare the blacks that enroll here to the blacks that enroll at UGA, it's massive and striking differences.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM

I just looked this up.

GSU's spring 2013 freshman average(straight from high school or transfered after less than 30 credit hours from another school) GPA was a 3.29 overall. Average SAT was a 1,067.

Spring 2012 freshman had a 3.27 GPA average and a 1,008 composite SAT.

Spring 2011 3.30 GPA and a 1,034 composite SAT.

Georgia State University - IPORT

It's all there. The truth is there.

Ok, since many GSU students are transfer students let's look at transfer students too.

Spring 2011 2.95 GPA
Summer 2011 2.92 GPA
Fall 2011 2.89 GPA
Spring 2012 2.90 GPA
Summer 2012 2.88 GPA
Fall 2012 2.89 GPA
Spring 2012 2.84 GPA

Dichloro needs to post his thread before high schoolers start looking into colleges for the next cycle.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Is it a coincidence however that as black enrollment increased dramatically, things began going back downhill? You even said it yourself, 'Blacks on average generally have a lower IQ then almost any other race on the planet' and that they have 'primate-like' qualities. Exact quote from you.

I'm black and as far as I don't want to admit it, it seems that it is true that black enrollment is the possible cause of the decline of this educational institution. If you compare the blacks that enroll here to the blacks that enroll at UGA, it's massive and striking differences.
"'Blacks on average generally have a lower IQ then almost any other race on the planet' and that they have 'primate-like' qualities."

Holy ****. That's not ok. GeorgiatoChina, much respect lost..but you didn't really post any correct info anyway.

But GSU can never be compared to UGA or Tech. The days when some people decided between UGA waitlist or GSU honors is over. That was years ago. Tech is way out of GSU's league.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
"'Blacks on average generally have a lower IQ then almost any other race on the planet' and that they have 'primate-like' qualities."

Holy ****. That's not ok. GeorgiatoChina, much respect lost..but you didn't really post any correct info anyway.

But GSU can never be compared to UGA or Tech. The days when some people decided between UGA waitlist or GSU honors is over. That was years ago. Tech is way out of GSU's league.
Yeah, it was in the Morehouse thread where things got pretty bad. It's weird too because he's usually a heavy opponent of racism, but what he said in that thread was quite possibly the core of all racism especially towards blacks. He even said 'That isn't something you should be ashamed of'. I don't take things like that seriously because last time, I took an IQ test, I was 127...not very high, but much above average though which is like 100, if even that.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:

You are a credit to your race to be able to admit your genetic flaws and agree. When you inject a educational institution with a lower intellectually competent breed you get what has happened to GSU. The school is slowly turning into zoo the more blacks enter as you have pointed out. At this point it is best we let them take that school and prevent them from bringing down UGA and Tech by issuing hire standards and IQ test for admission into the other schools.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it was in the Morehouse thread where things got pretty bad. It's weird too because he's usually a heavy opponent of racism, but what he said in that thread was quite possibly the core of all racism especially towards blacks. He even said 'That isn't something you should be ashamed of'. I don't take things like that seriously because last time, I took an IQ test, I was 127...not very high, but much above average though which is like 100, if even that.
You wouldn't mistreat a dog or a cat. So wh would would you mistreat a black? I respect all living creatures and "racism" is just another form of animal cruelty. No respectable human should engage in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta