Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 AM

989 posts, read 1,744,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I wasn't very clear. What I meant was, even if the person doesn't know how much they drink, the cops can find out with a breathalyzer. If you're driving funny and get pulled over, and you are obviously impaired, but are on oxycontin, for which there is no on-the-spot check, what do you get charged with? Reckless driving? Or do you just walk the line and get charged with DUI, but not alcohol?
The litmus test for arrest is not blood alcohol level, it's the officer's discretion. The blood alcohol level determines the severity of the crime. The officer on the scene can charge you with a wide variety of offenses. Reckless driving, DUI, speeding, improper lane change, following too close, etc.. this is the reason you are pulled over, DUI is an add on charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 AM

738 posts, read 1,378,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Besides, traffic is bad enough already, we don't need the streets full of drivers going 20mph below the speed limit, waiting at stop signs waiting for them to change, or taking 5 minutes trying to remember what they were going to do next or where they are supposed to go. America is full of people stuck in first gear. Don't tempt any more of them.
LOL, really?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,236,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
LOL, really?
Just nooooooo sense of humor in this crowd......comedians used this joke frequently.....lighten up. As far as getting baked behind the wheel attesting to just how safe it is, it's a tough sale. I think the real reason it's not legalized pertains more to the black market abilities of the maket and therefore no or little control on distribution. First rule in manufacturing, control your distribution. Government is vaguely aware of this principal....too?

No matter, the argument about controlling the dosing vs. alcohol is laughable....drink 1.5 oz of 80 proof anything and most chemists will prove the accuracy way past whatever inconsistent THC level there is at any particular point along the bud line? Was your inhalation vacuum at 3lbs per square inch for the whole 1.5 seconds or varying? Did you hold it in for 10 seconds or 16? And so on and so on.....drink 8 oz of liquor and you know precisely your alcohol consumption. No matter how quickly, slowly consumed, how diluted you made it....smoke an indiscriminate amount of pot of varying potency, add the myriad of variables (the roach or the freshly lit end, how long you held it, etc) and ther is simply no way to tell. and yeah, I understand the relation to blood alcohol as it relates to time but even that is veeeeeeery predictable and measurable.

Again, before everyone loses their tampon on the subject, most control/maintain/behave/function quite well, HOWEVER so do most others on meds, narcotics, and alcohol. They just don't drive nearly as well or operate machinery nearly well when they.....do? That's why e government, OSHA spent millions proving to some of you that it may be hazardous to your health and those around you if you do. That's why they tell the same group to never place their hand on a hot stove.

Some just never get the message, argue when it is delivered, and ignore all those yellow stickers they spent millions on testing and proving the need for such stickers. Still saving America from itself....one mal content at a time.

NORML and high times readers go puff a few and sit down....ease up cheech.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
A very interesting post.
This does not shock me one bit. Atlanta is a major transportation hub. One thing to consider is that Miami is nearby. Back in the 1980s, cocaine was being shipped from Colombia to Miami. Once the cocaine got to Miami, the cocaine would go up I-75, and Atlanta would be the next spot for cocaine distribution, and from there, to other cities. I-75 has been a major drug trafficking route and it has also been a major route for trafficking prostitutes, the number one hub for human trafficking.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM

449 posts, read 1,177,081 times
I-75, I-10, and I-95 are no joke when it comes to trafficking from Miami

Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
I-75, I-10, and I-95 are no joke when it comes to trafficking from Miami
I-75 is indeed no joke. Atlanta got hit hard in the 1980s. In 1980, Atlanta had 201 murders, even though the population was around 386,126 people, giving Atlanta a murder rate of 52.1 murders per 100,000. It got even worse when 1990 ended, with 236 murders, giving Atlanta a murder rate of 64.6 murders per 100,000.

Uniform Crime Reports of Atlanta Police and Index from 1985 to 2005

Miami was the last stop on the maritime drug route. Miami was even worse than Atlanta, with 220 murders, giving it a murder rate of 65.5 murders per 100,000. Oddly, Miami's murder rate started dropping towards the mid 80s.
Uniform Crime Reports of Miami Police and Index from 1985 to 2005

Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,577,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This does not shock me one bit. Atlanta is a major transportation hub. One thing to consider is that Miami is nearby. Back in the 1980s, cocaine was being shipped from Colombia to Miami. Once the cocaine got to Miami, the cocaine would go up I-75, and Atlanta would be the next spot for cocaine distribution, and from there, to other cities. I-75 has been a major drug trafficking route and it has also been a major route for trafficking prostitutes, the number one hub for human trafficking.
Prostitutes? What you talking about.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,429,270 times
Washington and Colorado have become the first states to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

Way to go!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,313,754 times
Colorado becomes first U.S. state to legalize recreational marijuana | Reuters

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,887,214 times
All of you can shut up. It's happening now.

Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use

Washington voters approve legalized marijuana - Local - MyNorthwest.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta