Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,395,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Countries where there is prohibition on drugs have higher crime.
Well, yes, of course. Because using and possessing certain drugs is itself a crime. Make that not a crime and, suddenly, there's less crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
2. weed being legal does not make it easy to instantly kill thousands of people, as heavy weapons do
Unless you are high while operating heavy equipment in the vicinity of thousands of people.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,408,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Legalizing drugs also means no one to work in the chain gangs which means no more free (slave) labor.
Legalizing drugs means the private prison industry will most likely go under over night.
Legalizing drugs means police will not have anything to do
Legalizing drugs means the govt. will actually have to help people who really have addiction problems instead of just throwing them away to be forgotten in a hole somewhere.
Legalizing drugs means that the govt. will actually have to eat crow and admit not just defeat but the fact that it was wrong about something in the first place.
Legalizing drugs also will mean a lot more Black and Latino males on the streets, a lot more.

With that said the people who pull the strings want none of the above to go down, so it wont happen. Not in my lifetime anyway
That's another reason why in reply number 10, I said... "I'm for decriminalizing posession, consumption and growing your own but... I'm against legalizing the sale of it.

People can just grow their own and it would put an end to the cartels in a hurry- my opinion.
"

If selling it was still illegal, the profiteers from the war on drugs and all the local governments that get their rocks off by busting drug dealers can still do that.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,608,261 times
Quote:
Crack is still very much the drug of choice in the inner city of Atlanta. Meth isn't really a factor in the inner city, you find Meth mostly in suburban and rural areas. Crack will never go all the way away. A crackhead who has been hitting a straight shooter for the past 20 years isn't going to just switch to a different drug like that.
But does it sell as much as it did in it hay day is what I'm saying, I've known many dudes back in florida who used to sell, but many of them do not now. Either they wised up or they sell pills & weed now, basicially what I'm asking or saying is percentage wise it seems cracks sells less now then it did when I was in middle school.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,608,261 times
Quote:
Very true, most of the drugs are in stash houses in quiet subdivisions in the suburbs. Little do OTP'ers know, as much as they complain about the BS in the city, all the while they could be living next door to 10 million worth of dope with a small arsenal of weapons to match. I know people who are involved in that life and when it is re-up time they go to places like Dunwoody, Norcross and Lawrenceville, not to the locales in the city which you see on the news all the time. Lots of transactions in Hospital and Hotel parking garages in suburban areas, not on ghetto street corners in the inner city. If OTP'ers only knew the real truth.

Legalizing drugs also means no one to work in the chain gangs which means no more free (slave) labor.
Legalizing drugs means the private prison industry will most likely go under over night.
Legalizing drugs means the govt. will actually have to help people who really have addiction problems instead of just throwing them away to be forgotten in a hole somewhere.
Legalizing drugs means that the govt. will actually have to eat crow and admit not just defeat but the fact that it was wrong about something in the first place.
Legalizing drugs also will mean a lot more Black and Latino males on the streets, a lot more.

With that said the people who pull the strings want none of the above to go down, so it wont happen. Not in my lifetime anyway
Uggh!! In my rick ross voice....one of the best post I've see on here. 21 guns.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You mean no more prison overcrowding? Putting 4 inmates in a cell designed for 2?

Quote:
You mean police forces won't be understaffed, tight on budget, and stretched thin anymore?

Quote:
Yeah, you are absolutely right. Governments certainly wouldn't want that!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:39 AM

738 posts, read 1,383,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Another invalid comparison.

1. heavy weapons don't really have any legitimate uses for civilians
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Neither does marijuana
Tell that to my father, who used it to relieve his radiation therapy symptoms when he was dying from brain cancer in 1970.

Tell that to my 74-year-old mother, who uses it to relieve her chemotherapy symptoms from Stage IV cancer.

Tell that to my sister, who uses it to relieve migraines and insomnia from a chronic illness.

Tell that to millions of people who use it to relieve stress, much like other folks use alcohol or tobacco.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 AM

32,063 posts, read 37,028,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
Tell that to millions of people who use it to relieve stress, much like other folks use alcohol or tobacco.
The thing I have never understood is why alcohol and tobacco are okay but pot is not.

Alcohol and tobacco are far more deadly and costly to both individuals and society.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,113,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
But does it sell as much as it did in it hay day is what I'm saying, I've known many dudes back in florida who used to sell, but many of them do not now. Either they wised up or they sell pills & weed now, basicially what I'm asking or saying is percentage wise it seems cracks sells less now then it did when I was in middle school.
You're right. Ex pills, Molly, Codiene syrup, and Scrips have become a bigger factor too. And then also with high grade weed going for upwards of $3500 a pound, all those have put a dent in the number of people who sell crack in the inner city . The fact that Meth has not really made it in to the inner city has surprised me actually, with it being cheap to make I thought that maybe it would creep in, but it really hasnt. Its here and there, but no where near like how you see in suburban and rural areas.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,893,101 times
Quote:
You're right. Ex pills, Molly, Codiene syrup, and Scrips have become a bigger factor too. And then also with high grade weed going for upwards of $3500 a pound, all those have put a dent in the number of people who sell crack in the inner city . The fact that Meth has not really made it in to the inner city has surprised me actually, with it being cheap to make I thought that maybe it would creep in, but it really hasnt. Its here and there, but no where near like how you see in suburban and rural areas.
Ask him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta