Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
And I will hopefully be doing the same with my Latina wives.
"Wives"? Now didn't we just talk about that in some polygamist thread a few days back??? Hope you will be!!! :-)

Old 06-29-2011, 07:25 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Hopefully, I would've just entered retirement--and then would be spendin' my days sittin' on the front porch with my initial grandbabies--tellin' them "No!" and "Stop that!"

...Interspersed with lots of travel and local political/civic/community duties, of course.

I see we have a love of the same movie lines!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I see we have a love of the same movie lines!

Indeed, Brother John...

Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
It is interesting how Northwinds didn't post the site and full version of a comment he pulled about Nigeria. For those interested here is the link: Nigeria

Also interesting that some people with very few reps want to close the thread. Must be the people on this thread creating alias' for themselves who don't agree with what the thread is about. This thread does need to be cleaned up though.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:32 PM

538 posts, read 926,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
It is interesting how Northwinds didn't post the site and full version of a comment he pulled about Nigeria. For those interested here is the link: Nigeria

Also interesting that some people with very few reps want to close the thread. Must be the people on this thread creating alias' for themselves who don't agree with what the thread is about. This thread does need to be cleaned up though.
Girl: Your drama is really quite amusing....yeah I didn't post the other 64 pages of the State Department's Country Report on Nigeria because that would have been a little silly......is there anything in those 64 pages that you feel is important to bring up to defend your position? If so, please feel free to enlighten us....copy and paste. You really are a funny girl.....acting as if not posting the full report was some diabolical blot by the racist Northwinds....but then not backing it up with any thing of substance........please post anything in the report that backs up your position that Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa is a "paradise" filled with "non-racial", woderful and loving people.....more pictures would be appreciated as well since they are so much more entertaining than your text.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ1977 View Post
Well said MisterNY, well said. You're right: we sane minded people of the world have a disdain/disgust (whatever you want to call it) for RANK STUPIDITY, REGARDLESS of race, ethnicity, or religious faith. It's apparent that it knows no boundaries on this board. I love when people say everyone has an opinion, yet fail to realize that there's opinion, and then there's FACTUAL OPINION, and we know these Faux News watchers are on the former end of the spectrum.

I was throwing those examples around about your upbringing to prove a point about this idea that we as a people are a monolith that votes universally Democrat, lives in rundown neighborhoods, and watches BET all day on a couch smacking on chicken wings and watermelon while washing it down with KOOOOOOL-AIIIIIDD...LOL. You just showed NW and BBC how silly ASSumptions are. The hatred exhibited in some of these posts are wild man!! LOL People like those individuals are ignored by me, because as you stated, there are some obvious deep-seated feelings of hatred and insecurity running around in their heads. As for BBC, this fella's only 23 and filled with hatred like that. He's got a lot to learn about the world, and he's going to wake up one day around 2050 an old man in a country where no group is dominant, the President is a lady who is part Arab/African/British American who is gay and Buddhist, and he isn't going to know what to do. Well, there's always Germany, where the Nazis began...oh, I'm sorry, they regard him as uncivilized, bigoted trash.

Again, I don't hate white people. Believe me, I have torched some of my fellow black folk about certain issues regarding black-on-black crime and a disdain for education in some quarters. But it's funny how you, I, bayareagirl, etc. are supposed to be responsible for all of the failings of INDIVIDUAL BLACKS. In the end, we are all reponsible for ourselves. But some people just don't have the mental capacity to see that. But I'm rambling. Cheers.

ps---bayareagirl, keep posting those pretty pictures of the cradle of civilization.
Well said. Thank you. I understood what you meant. I just wanted to paint a picture to BBC and his clowns that logic sees no color. But they can't see squat, so there's not much at this point that people can do to open their minds. Only life lessons will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

Whatever. More non-sensical ranting. Blah, blah, blah.
So that's what you say after you've been butt f'd? Because that's what we all did to you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Actually, thanks to my olive compexion and dark Sicilian features, I will fit in quite nicely in the Hispanic America of 2050. I just need to hone my Spanish, and I'll be set.
Wow, you're not afraid of the dark? They will eat your wrinkled behind by then, probably looking to deport you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
It really is funny how most blacks seem to think the Hispanics are not going to play the same racial power politics that the blacks have played in every situation where they became the majority (see City of Atlanta; Zimbabwe; South Africa; Detroit). But, Hispanics are more likely to align with whites when they seize power.....just look at Miami where the high-end Hispanics (1960s Cubans and their descendents) have taken political power. Those Hispanics are actually primarily of white European descent and probably handed George Bush the contested election. It will get interesting and I will also be working on my Spanish.....
Well you haven't been to Miami to understand the politics? The ones down there chased most Anglos (and Rednecks) like yourself. How many people like you live down there happily? Most left Miami for places like Ga (not specifically Atlanta), NC, SC, Co, TX and TN. They did not align with white Americans when they seized power in Miami. They kicked your kind out, and laid their own rules. They became the new "white" if you want to call it that.

You cannot possibly tell me Miami is like NY, Boston or even Atlanta.
Miami has an international (South American) flair no US city has, because of it..

There are people just like yourself that are complaining how Miami has turned into a 3rd world place because of the Latinos/Cubans etc. Whatever minority group moves somewhere, does good for themselves, it will always irk people like you. There are threads about Anglos not being able to understand why people in Miami are so rude and expect Americans to speak Spanish.

The responses were mind boggling, but funny now that I think about it, since you think they will align themselves with you. How funny!!!

Here are the threads. Read how they ridiculed anyone speaking English, and not adapting to Spanish (the local language). Please read them!! Then tell me what you think. If you have time, please do. Then tell me, how many really wish to align themselves with you. (This is not a personal attack, just read).

https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...-pick-one.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...nly-miami.html

Get on Miami forums and get a feel for things. I wouldn't be so quick to judge things. Miami has more corruption and ineptitude than Atlanta anyday. Just do a little research. You can DM me privately about the issue. No finger pointing, just facts about how Miami is worse than Atlanta in so many ways. You and I can go back and forth in a civilized manner about the topic. Try your best. I'm extending the olive branch on this topic. DM me if you want. I dont want to get off topic here. We've all done that here.

If Miami/South Florida had no Beaches, it would be a dump. We all know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
And I will hopefully be doing the same with my Latina wives.

I like that!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 PM

Northwinds, you have a problem. One of them being reading. What I posted was from the State Dept and sure of course I will post pictures as they images don't lie.

US State Dept on Nigeria

Economy
GDP (2009): $339 billion (agriculture 33%; industry 34%; services 23%).
Real GDP growth rate (2009): 6.1%.
Per capita GDP (2009): $2,300.
Inflation (2009): 11.5%.
Natural resources: Oil and natural gas (37% of 2006 GDP), tin, columbite, iron ore, coal, limestone, lead, zinc.
Agriculture: Products--cocoa, palm oil, yams, cassava, sorghum, millet, corn, rice, livestock, groundnuts, cotton.
Industry: Types--textiles, cement, food products, footwear, metal products, lumber, beer, detergents, car assembly.
Trade (2007): Exports--$65.5 billion: fuels and mining products (97%); agricultural products (cocoa, rubber, oil, nuts) (2.2%); manufactures (0.8%). Partners--United States (38.3%); European Union (21.8%); India (9.9%); Brazil (6.8%); Japan (4%). Imports--$29.5 billion: machinery; chemicals; transport equipment; manufactured goods (72.3%); agricultural products (23.7%), fuels and mining products (4%). Partners--European Union (33.2%); United States (15.6%); China 7.2%; Korea (2.8%); U.A.E. (2.6%); others (15%).
Foreign direct investment (FDI, 2008): 29.5% of GDP.
Official development assistance (2006): $11.434 billion.
Currency: Naira (157 Naira = U.S. $1 as of June 17, 2011).

Trade
Nigeria is the United States' largest trading partner in sub-Saharan Africa, largely due to the high level of petroleum imports from Nigeria, which supply 8% of U.S. oil imports--nearly half of Nigeria's daily oil production. Nigeria is the fourth-largest exporter of oil to the United States. Two-way trade in 2008 was valued at more than $42 billion, an 18% increase over 2007 data. Led by machinery, wheat, and motor vehicles, U.S. goods exports to Nigeria in 2008 were worth more than $4 billion. In 2008, U.S. imports from Nigeria were over $38 billion, consisting predominantly of oil. However, rubber products, cocoa, gum arabic, cashews, coffee, and ginger constituted over $70 million of U.S. imports from Nigeria in 2007. The U.S. trade deficit with Nigeria was $21 billion in 2007. Nigeria is the 50th-largest export market for U.S. goods and the 14th-largest exporter of goods to the United States. The United States is Nigeria's largest trading partner after the United Kingdom. Although the trade balance overwhelmingly favors Nigeria, thanks to oil exports, a large portion of U.S. exports to Nigeria is believed to enter the country outside of the Nigerian Government's official statistics, due to importers seeking to avoid Nigeria's excessive tariffs.

The United States is the largest foreign investor in Nigeria. The stock of U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Nigeria in 2009 was $5.4 billion, up from $3.4 billion in 2008. U.S. FDI in Nigeria is concentrated largely in the petroleum/mining and wholesale trade sectors. Exxon-Mobil and Chevron are the two largest U.S. corporate players in offshore oil and gas production.

In March 2009, the United States and Nigeria met under the existing Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) to advance the ongoing work program and to discuss improvements in Nigerian trade policies and market access. Among the topics discussed were cooperation in the World Trade Organization (WTO), market access, export diversification, intellectual property protection and enforcement, commercial issues, trade capacity building and technical assistance, infrastructure, and investment issues.

U.S.-NIGERIAN RELATIONS
Since the restoration of basic democracy in Nigeria in 1999, the bilateral relationship has continued to improve, and cooperation on many important foreign policy goals, such as regional peacekeeping, has been excellent. On April 6, 2010, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Nigerian Secretary to the Government of the Federal Yayale Ahmed signed the U.S.-Nigeria Binational Commission, a formalized commitment to hold bilateral talks on four key areas: (1) Good Governance, Transparency, and Integrity, (2) Energy and Investment, (3) Niger Delta and Regional Security, and (4) Agriculture and Food Security.
President Yar'Adua visited President George W. Bush at the White House on December 13, 2007. During her first official trip to Africa, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited Nigeria on August 12, 2009. President Jonathan visited President Barack Obama at the White House on June 8, 2011.
An estimated one million Nigerians and Nigerian Americans live, study, and work in the United States, while over 25,000 Americans live and work in Nigeria.

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-29-2011 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
All I can think about is Clarkston when it comes to this thread.. LOL

Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM

99 posts, read 327,489 times
[quote=MisterNY;19817598]Well said. Thank you. I understood what you meant. I just wanted to paint a picture to BBC and his clowns that logic sees no color. But they can't see squat, so there's not much at this point that people can do to open their minds. Only life lessons will.

So that's what you say after you've been butt f'd? Because that's what we all did to you.......

THIS WAS MIKE TYSON WHIPPING THE **** OUT OF TONY TUBBS CIRCA LATE 1980S...LMAO.

Wow, you're not afraid of the dark? They will eat your wrinkled behind by then, probably looking to deport you.

THEN WE CAN ALL SING "GOD BLESS AMERICA" AFTER THIS REDNECK SCUM AND HIS ILK ARE SENT ON KAL JETS BACK TO EUROPE...THEN AGAIN, THEY WON'T WANT THESE JOKERS EITHER. WELL, THERE'S ALWAYS ANTARCTICA...LOL

Well you haven't been to Miami to understand the politics? The ones down there chased most Anglos (and Rednecks) like yourself. How many people like you live down there happily? Most left Miami for places like Ga (not specifically Atlanta), NC, SC, Co, TX and TN. They did not align with white Americans when they seized power in Miami. They kicked your kind out, and laid their own rules. They became the new "white" if you want to call it that.

You cannot possibly tell me Miami is like NY, Boston or even Atlanta.
Miami has an international (South American) flair no US city has, because of it..

There are people just like yourself that are complaining how Miami has turned into a 3rd world place because of the Latinos/Cubans etc. Whatever minority group moves somewhere, does good for themselves, it will always irk people like you. There are threads about Anglos not being able to understand why people in Miami are so rude and expect Americans to speak Spanish.

The responses were mind boggling, but funny now that I think about it, since you think they will align themselves with you. How funny!!!

Here are the threads. Read how they ridiculed anyone speaking English, and not adapting to Spanish (the local language). Please read them!! Then tell me what you think. If you have time, please do. Then tell me, how many really wish to align themselves with you. (This is not a personal attack, just read).

https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...-pick-one.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...nly-miami.html

Get on Miami forums and get a feel for things. I wouldn't be so quick to judge things. Miami has more corruption and ineptitude than Atlanta anyday. Just do a little research. You can DM me privately about the issue. No finger pointing, just facts about how Miami is worse than Atlanta in so many ways. You and I can go back and forth in a civilized manner about the topic. Try your best. I'm extending the olive branch on this topic. DM me if you want. I dont want to get off topic here. We've all done that here.

GAME...SET...MATCH.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Nigeria

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1031972729154&id=f6ecaccc8c4be3b9 68759820e90b5f97&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ontheglobe.c om%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2fnigeria8.jpg (broken link)http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1040564104905&id=8804cb09a58240b3 e22d8fe48255f672&url=http%3a%2f%2fstatic.panoramio .com%2fphotos%2foriginal%2f739159.jpg (broken link)http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1032580959919&id=32f7c9d357a8b29a 93cce22b91c39c96&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ladybrilleni geria.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f03%2fOmotola-on-Next-234-elan.jpg (broken link)http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=980569624866&id=1af99622b12021e9c 4c31d6d7316b9c3&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage06.webshots. com%2f6%2f8%2f5%2f5%2f75280505cyHftw_ph.jpg (broken link)http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1023562026637&id=5ef824acc7b50d4c ffd5e10d7a3a86ff&url=http%3a%2f%2ftiger.towson.edu %2f%7eoadefa1%2fJos-Rock-Nigeria.jpg (broken link)http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1028245755830&id=b5bb233286a17789 16a2ac47f11979d7&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.meriyatrra.c om%2fphotos%2fimages%2fagbani-darego-miss-world-2001-nigeria.jpg (broken link)

This home is in Nigeria:
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1004268557586&id=857b0b8fbd6052af 55d32280dd7fad64&url=http%3a%2f%2fmynigeriapropert y.com%2fpublic%2festateagent_photo%2fpics%2f124473 3060_comforthome%2520front%2520view%2520photo%2520 1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta