Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM

714 posts, read 816,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Herman Cain is a tribute to his race. Don't you agree?
I dont even know what that means.

Cain is a tribute to himself, and the power of our system. It potentially rewards, to very high levels, (but no guarantees) those who work hard and strive, regardless of their starting point.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,118,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Well said. I tried to rep you. I have to spread it around.

LOL...

Just to correct you, I'm mixed. Father's from Grenada, mother is South African (Belgian/white). You're partially right. I do have Caribbean heritage though. I am a first Gen American (born in NY). Wife is 100% Caribbean Black. I'm exposed to both sides. I've seen and heard it all.

Northwinds does not faze me. I have relatives from S. Africa and Europe that tend to slip with that nonsense.

The real unity you, others and I have, is the disdain for dumb people like Northwinds . I agree with what's right, not just what's white or black.
Incorrect. If the poster is black, you "agree" with them, hands down, no questions asked. Of coruse, by "agree", I don't mean actually offering any comments of substance, but attacking the poster they are debating with labels like "idiot" or "dumb", which of course only makes you look idiotic and dumb.

Quote:
Northwinds failed to offer insightful responses. He brought us all on the defensive.

Again, I ask Northwinds and anyone like minded to show me any posts where they said anything positive, not just about blacks/latinos etc, but anything positive period (Anything of value or insightful). I have yet to see it. Nothing, Zilch, nada. I'm still waiting. Any thread about transportation, infrastructure, law, social issues that require solutions and an ounce of thought will not receive a post from him or BBC (watch this fool try to come back and play himself . Only a matter of time. Just wait).

Northwinds knows what he's doing. He comes to rile things up. We fall for it. And sadly the mods dont delete his stupid posts. Mods and admins don't ban him. To me, they give people like him a reason to be here. I'd ban him long ago. He'll of course keep coming, under a new name or some of his relatives will come here. He's like a flea.

Almost right. I grew up in Brooklyn Heights (Brownstone), in a fairly diverse neighborhood . Minutes from Manhattan, but you're right. . I have relatives and friends from all walks of life, to know better. I know, not all whites are racist, not all blacks are thugs. I can appreciate both sides, and offer criticism and praise to both, when necessary.

Exposure or lack thereof is what's wrong with people like Northwinds. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Northwinds and his goons are predictable, very predictable. Start a thread in a few minutes about something where a black person is at the center of the topic, they forget about the topic, and jump to attack all blacks. They'd get partial credit if they attacked the person in the thread, but they will attack all blacks. So predictable, it's sad. Just create a thread, and you'll see. It has to be about something black. If it's about how to improve Atlanta, where to find a realtor, where to eat, what can be done about some issue relating to Atlanta, he's absent. He goes from forum to forum to start things, then heads back home to The Stormfront where he lays his head, or sleep upside down. That sums in up for NW, and people like him.

You're right. Well said. I couldn't agree more. I wish I could rep you.

Maybe someday I'll visit Iowa (It hasnt made it on my list of priorities).
Dude, I only keep responding because you keep bringing me up. I could care less about your opinion. On the other hand, you are obviously extremely bothered by my opinion. It could be that deep down you know everything I say is true, or else I wouldn't say it, and that scares the hell out of you. If that isn't it, I don't know what it is, but clearly you are fixated on me.

Also, these hyper-dramatic posts with non-sensical rants against Northwinds only show how much he bothers you. It is quite amusing to read your temper tantrums, and it is definitely helping me get through this slow work week.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,444,387 times
I knew it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Incorrect. If the poster is black, you "agree" with them, hands down, no questions asked. Of coruse, by "agree", I don't mean actually offering any comments of substance, but attacking the poster they are debating with labels like "idiot" or "dumb", which of course only makes you look idiotic and dumb.
How do I know if a poster is black? Do I know them? No. How are you so sure? I call out idiots who come and derail threads, with racist remarks without substance. I admit to getting caught up with the idiots at times.

So with your logic, you disagree with them because they're "black". Is it safe to think so? I mean, really Kurt.

Quote:
Dude, I only keep responding because you keep bringing me up. I could care less about your opinion.
No, you keep coming because you're predictable. Remember the IHOP incident? I made a post purposely about Buckhead, and you fell for it. You're easy bait. Admit it.

Quote:
On the other hand, you are obviously extremely bothered by my opinion. It could be that deep down you know everything I say is true, or else I wouldn't say it, and that scares the hell out of you. If that isn't it, I don't know what it is, but clearly you are fixated on me.

Also, these hyper-dramatic posts with non-sensical rants against Northwinds only show how much he bothers you. It is quite amusing to read your temper tantrums, and it is definitely helping me get through this slow work week.
No, it's the other way around. It's you guys that lose your cool, and come here to vent about your hatred for blacks/African Americans etc, when the topics have nothing to do with what you bring to them. Not the other way around. You and NW are really clueless about everything you claim to know. It's obvious your exposure is limited, your knowledge comes from nonsense your parents spewed during your upbringing, or just projected feelings of inadequacies. I wish I could help you (honestly do), but that's something you'll have to figure out sometime in your life.

You're 23 years old. Instead of enjoying life, you come on forums to bad mouth blacks, of all things . Who has anger issues? I don't do that. I call you on it. Plain and simple.

No fixation issues, none of that. I never made a racist post against a black or white. If anything was addressed, it was to you and NW, directly. Not an entire race. (That's where you and I differ. I dont have anything against any race. I just can't stand cowards who come online and talk smack based on feelings/emotions etc).

Prove me wrong. Show me any post where I said anything bad about blacks or whites, where I lumped either race and said some stereotypical nonsense.

The burden of proof is on you, buddy. Prove me wrong. You and I know you can't.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM

99 posts, read 328,455 times
Quote:
I knew it.....

How do I know if a poster is black? Do I know them? No. How are you so sure? I call out idiots who come and derail threads, with racist remarks without substance. I admit to getting caught up with the idiots at times.

So with your logic, you disagree with them because they're "black". Is it safe to think so? I mean, really Kurt.

No, you keep coming because you're predictable. Remember the IHOP incident? I made a post purposely about Buckhead, and you fell for it. You're easy bait. Admit it.

No, it's the other way around. It's you guys that lose your cool, and come here to vent about your hatred for blacks/African Americans etc, when the topics have nothing to do with what you bring to them. Not the other way around. You and NW are really clueless about everything you claim to know. It's obvious your exposure is limited, your knowledge comes from nonsense your parents spewed during your upbringing, or just projected feelings of inadequacies. I wish I could help you (honestly do), but that's something you'll have to figure out sometime in your life.

You're 23 years old. Instead of enjoying life, you come on forums to bad mouth blacks, of all things . Who has anger issues? I don't do that. I call you on it. Plain and simple.

No fixation issues, none of that. I never made a racist post against a black or white. If anything was addressed, it was to you and NW, directly. Not an entire race. (That's where you and I differ. I dont have anything against any race. I just can't stand cowards who come online and talk smack based on feelings/emotions etc).

Prove me wrong. Show me any post where I said anything bad about blacks or whites, where I lumped either race and said some stereotypical nonsense.

Well said MisterNY, well said. You're right: we sane minded people of the world have a disdain/disgust (whatever you want to call it) for RANK STUPIDITY, REGARDLESS of race, ethnicity, or religious faith. It's apparent that it knows no boundaries on this board. I love when people say everyone has an opinion, yet fail to realize that there's opinion, and then there's FACTUAL OPINION, and we know these Faux News watchers are on the former end of the spectrum.

I was throwing those examples around about your upbringing to prove a point about this idea that we as a people are a monolith that votes universally Democrat, lives in rundown neighborhoods, and watches BET all day on a couch smacking on chicken wings and watermelon while washing it down with KOOOOOOL-AIIIIIDD...LOL. You just showed NW and BBC how silly ASSumptions are. The hatred exhibited in some of these posts are wild man!! LOL People like those individuals are ignored by me, because as you stated, there are some obvious deep-seated feelings of hatred and insecurity running around in their heads. As for BBC, this fella's only 23 and filled with hatred like that. He's got a lot to learn about the world, and he's going to wake up one day around 2050 an old man in a country where no group is dominant, the President is a lady who is part Arab/African/British American who is gay and Buddhist, and he isn't going to know what to do. Well, there's always Germany, where the Nazis began...oh, I'm sorry, they regard him as uncivilized, bigoted trash.

Again, I don't hate white people. Believe me, I have torched some of my fellow black folk about certain issues regarding black-on-black crime and a disdain for education in some quarters. But it's funny how you, I, bayareagirl, etc. are supposed to be responsible for all of the failings of INDIVIDUAL BLACKS. In the end, we are all reponsible for ourselves. But some people just don't have the mental capacity to see that. But I'm rambling. Cheers.

ps---bayareagirl, keep posting those pretty pictures of the cradle of civilization.

Last edited by JTJ1977; 06-29-2011 at 10:27 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM

32,060 posts, read 37,000,584 times
White Americans, black Americans, Asian, Hispanic and all other Americans should be intensely interested in strengthening ties with Africa. It would be absurd to think otherwise.

Trust me, China and Russia aren't devoting massive efforts to this out of benevolence.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 AM

714 posts, read 816,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
White Americans, black Americans, Asian, Hispanic and all other Americans should be intensely interested in strengthening ties with Africa. It would be absurd to think otherwise.

Trust me, China and Russia aren't devoting massive efforts to this out of benevolence.
China is in Africa for one reason: Natural resource acquisition. They could care less about the residents. If they have to build a few bridges or apartments or dams or whatever to get their hands on the goods, they will do it. But dont be mistaken that its some sort of friendly outreach program to help others. Its all about China needing what Africa has in terms of natural resources. With a population of nearly 1.5 billion and massive areas of real poverty, China will be resource hungry for years to come.

As Arjay said, it has NOTHING to do with benevolence.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 AM

16,733 posts, read 29,732,287 times
Quote:

Amen.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:15 AM

8,491 posts, read 15,076,488 times
Quote:

Very true in all regards.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I knew it.....

Virtually all of the posters at issue in this thread have stated they are black. Besides, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out someone who quotes Malcolm X with reverance is black.

Quote:
Actually, I already said what needed to be said to the propagandadizing, agenda-pushing OP. Go back and read it if you are interested.

Quote:
Dude, get a life. Stop wasting time trying to think of things to say to get a rise out of me.

Quote:
Whatever. More non-sensical ranting. Blah, blah, blah.

[quote]You're 23 years old. Instead of enjoying life, you come on forums to bad mouth blacks, of all things . Who has anger issues? I don't do that. I call you on it. Plain and simple. [quote]

No, I call out people who push an agenda because no one else will. And trust me, I enjoy life. Not to be cockly, but it is kind of hard not to with the type of package I was blessed with. I don't spend my weekends surfing the forums.

Quote:

I have better things to do. But just so you know, being pro-black in everything you say and think can sometimes translate into being anti-white.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ1977 View Post
As for BBC, this fella's only 23 and filled with hatred like that. He's got a lot to learn about the world, and he's going to wake up one day around 2050 an old man in a country where no group is dominant,
Actually, thanks to my olive compexion and dark Sicilian features, I will fit in quite nicely in the Hispanic America of 2050. I just need to hone my Spanish, and I'll be set.

Quote:
the President is a lady who is part Arab/African/British American who is gay and Buddhist, and he isn't going to know what to do.
You are foolish think the Hispanic-dominated America of 2050 will be as benevolent in terms of race relations as the white America of 2008. The president in 2050 will be Hispanic, and a Hispanic will be elected 2052, 2056, 2060, 2064, and so on.

Quote:
Well, there's always Germany, where the Nazis began...oh, I'm sorry, they regard him as uncivilized, bigoted trash.
Do you know anything about demographics? Well, for one thing, it's destiny. Germany will be majority Muslim by 2050. So much for the "civilized" views of that dying country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta