Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 02:06 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I never said they were lying or that they were taken advantage of, but seriously.....at 16 and 17?? They knew damn well what they were doing.
You comment is so disturbing on many levels. The MAN seduced these boys. When the boys came out against the priest they told the same stories. The boys were brainwashed into believing the Priest/Pastor/Bishop knows what's good for me. When it's male on male, people have a hard time believing it. When it's male on female it's an outcry.

Tell me this -- how many boys should come forward to make you comfortable about this situation?? This incident is why man/woman don't come forward. People will judge. People will say, why didn't you ...

Old 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,234,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You said it - BOYS, not men. No matter how mature they might have seemed, the mind of a 16 or 17 year old is not the mind of an adult and shouldn't be considered mature BY adults. I can't believe this is coming from you jluke...there is no excuse for anyone preying on young boys, whether they are 13, 15, or 17. Period. The onus is completely on the adult in that kind situation - money and payments notwithstanding.
No; I'm not going to sit here and act like these people hold no responsibility for their actions.

I'd entirely understand if we were talking about young children, but by the time you reach the age of about 15. You need to be held more accountable for your decisions.

These boys have been receiving money and gifts from the CHURCH money over a few years and now want to play the victim and come out as if they are innocent??? Bull****.

Excuse me if it sounds like I'm being heartless, but I'm not buying it. You can't believe this is coming from me??? You don't even know me like that to even make that statement.

It's sad how much teenagers can get away with just because they are teenagers and typed as not knowing anything. Teenagers know much more than you all think and as long as they know they can get away with it; they will.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,234,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You comment is so disturbing on many levels. The MAN seduced these boys. When the boys came out against the priest they told the same stories. The boys were brainwashed into believing the Priest/Pastor/Bishop knows what's good for me. When it's male on male, people have a hard time believing it. When it's male on female it's an outcry.

Tell me this -- how many boys should come forward to make you comfortable about this situation?? This incident is why man/woman don't come forward. People will judge. People will say, why didn't you ...
Regardless of how many boys come out; this overall situation is disturbing. Damn, when the hell did I say I support or agree with what Eddie did??? If the dude really is guilty of these charges; he is the scum of the earth and his day will come.

I just feel like these boys aren't as innocent as what's being depicted and said. I don't believe much brainwashing was needed when they were given tons of money, gifts, and taken on many trips across the country. They were being greedy and living the good life, but when it all stopped. They got pissed and decided to seek revenge. That's my take on it.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:31 PM

237 posts, read 458,251 times
Quote:
I just feel like these boys aren't as innocent as what's being depicted and said. I don't believe much brainwashing was needed when they were given tons of money, gifts, and taken on many trips across the country. They were being greedy and living the good life, but when it all stopped. They got pissed and decided to seek revenge. That's my take on it.
Again, the gifts stopped when the story started to rear its ugly head. If it was all about money and these boys are so smart, if it's true, why not blackmail him? I am sure with the pastors repor, he would want to protect it. No one would have found out and they would still be getting paid to keep this secret. From the stories in the media, these weren't everyday gifts and trips they were getting from him. So they weren't being showered by gifts by any means. Or could it possibly be that they finally realized what had happened to them and got up enough courage to finally stand up for themselves? hmm..

Old 10-03-2010, 03:45 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,384 times
Quote:
Regardless of how many boys come out; this overall situation is disturbing. Damn, when the hell did I say I support or agree with what Eddie did??? If the dude really is guilty of these charges; he is the scum of the earth and his day will come.

It's four boys now. Let's say, one is telling the truth. Should we say, all the boys are lying.

These boys probably came from single parent homes. Looking for a father figure. Long is listening to their stories and counseling. Taking them on trips and sharing his wealth.

If I mentor a poor kid, should I share my things with her. Maybe I should show her the things she's use to. Why should she think her future can be better than her parents.

This is the art of seduction for these Men.

One story of the priest, the boys would climb the bars of the church to get to his room. That's their fault as well. Those boys should have known better to climb those bar. They knew a monster was there.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 PM

237 posts, read 458,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
. God created me so wouldnt he already know what my life was going to be like and what my struggles were going to be. before i came out the wound... Tell me more how Straight people operate... wait you dont have to tell me your doing it right now
I am sorry man but I have to share this with you, you are kind of confused on this just like I was..
I had to sit down and talk to my pastor about this. I have so many gay friends that I love soo much! I attend church often with one of my gay friends. Upon leaving church one afternoon, one of the "mothers" of the church actually came up and started talking to us. She listened to us talk for a while and then came out and told my friend that he was so blessed and has everything else in order, so why do you have to be gay? I was blown away! I saw that look in his eyes and distracted him immediately. He was very upset, it's like she was saying aww, you are knockin on heavens door so stop being gay so the Lord will let you in. I honestly was mad as hell about it. I took the issue to the pastor by myself and was satisfied with his response which was "I am here to give the message of our God to anyone who wants to hear it regardless of their sexual orientation. It is not me who judges, only God can do that." He never really said how he as a human being felt about it.
Then I brought up the fact that I couldn't understand how someone could be totally living right by God's word, but if he/she is gay, that automatically dooms them to hell? This was part of the explanation... God did create you, just like He created Adam & Eve, he also advised them of a specific thing they were NOT to do, eat the forbidden fruit. And what did they do, they ate it. And as promised the consequences followed. (Those are the "struggles" you mentioned.) God created you and yes he devised a plan for your life, but unless you make the right decisions and "choose" to stay on His path, it becomes the way you have made it. He has no control over what you do. He has provided His word as a playbook to follow, if you don't, thats your choice.
Leviticus 20:13 reads "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
This is so harsh. I try and convince myself that the last line "their blood will be on their own heads" means that every individual has to answer for their actions, no one else but them. As children of God we should love just like He does. Let people live their own lives. After all, who are we to judge? Everyone has faults per se and all of us will have to answer for them ourselves.
No one can really tell you how they became gay. It is a preference you develop according to what you like, similar to something as simple as preferring chocolate ice cream to vanilla, it's your ice cream and you should be able to choose which flavor you like the most. For whatever reason, it turns out to be a mistake, then only you will have to deal with the consequences.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:35 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,795,228 times
I agree with this post. To be honest, a lot of people have their lives together to go to Heaven, but we still sin in the mix. That's just life. No man is perfect.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,982,480 times
being gay or sexually attracted to people of the same sex is not a sin anymore than people being attracted to people of the opposite sex is a sin. its only a sin to have sex outside of marriage. people like to through the word abomination around but alot of things where and still are an abomination to God.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:07 PM

32,031 posts, read 36,818,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvalLuvah View Post
No one can really tell you how they became gay.
Just like a straight person can't explain to you how he or she became straight.

Regarding abominations, what I can't figure is why there isn't more outrage about the eating of bacon, pork chops, BBQ and ham sandwiches. All of these are complete abominations in the eye of the Lord yet there are far more bacon and BBQ eaters than there are gay people. What makes people even want to eat abominable things like that?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,982,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Regarding abominations, what I can't figure is why there isn't more outrage about the eating of bacon, pork chops, BBQ and ham sandwiches. All of these are complete abominations in the eye of the Lord yet there are far more bacon and BBQ eaters than there are gay people. What makes people even want to eat abominable things like that?
where does the bible say its an abomination for christians to eat pork? nowhere! pay attention to what your reading and how it was written and who it was written to! christians are never told not to eat pork!jews where. but not christians!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta