Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 07:42 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,908,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
DeaconJ, you are absolutely right. My sister said the SAME thing; what WOULD those boys have to gain by making false accusations, especially something of this calibur (excuse the spelling if it's incorrect). It never ceases to amaze me, as many people said in this thread, how you CAN idololize one man, and how a man can have SO much power over people and SOOO much of an influence.
...and how sickening it is to think about how easy it is for some people to use their power and influence in such a horrible way.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,458,425 times
I didn't see the interview but I heard it on the radio. It sounded to me that the boy was more hurt by the fact that he had been tossed aside once he was no longer sexually interested in him and that's why he decided to come forward because at the time he'd viewed Long as a father figure.

On a side note: I'm still wondering where were the boys parents (In Jamal's case; his mother)? I think I would have questioned my son, regardless of how old he was, about why the Bishop had given him a car or was letting him drive his car...

Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 PM

859 posts, read 2,131,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I didn't see the interview but I heard it on the radio. It sounded to me that the boy was more hurt by the fact that he had been tossed aside once he was no longer sexually interested in him and that's why he decided to come forward because at the time he'd viewed Long as a father figure.

On a side note: I'm still wondering where were the boys parents (In Jamal's case; his mother)? I think I would have questioned my son, regardless of how old he was, about why the Bishop had given him a car or was letting him drive his car...
Wondering the same thing.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM

314 posts, read 643,300 times
AJC reports Eddie Long also beat his previous wife, even while she was pregnant with their child.

Bishop Eddie Long | Ex-wife accused him in divorce papers of abuse *| ajc.com

wow.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,856,590 times
I believe the allegations based upon his response and the demeanor of those involved. For the first time I saw the pictures of the accusers - and was a bit surprised at how similar they look - Long definitely has a preferred type.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,239,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Just for clarity, I more specifically mean that churches are usually dominated by one "color". Sure, you might see a couple of white (or latino or asian) people at a majority black church and vice versa, but by and large Christian churches are still segregated and there have only been a few I've seen that aren't.

As for other faiths, Jewish temples obviously are usually not very integrated, but Muslim Mosques are usually extremely diverse by nationality and ethnicity. Funny how they always get labeled as being hostile to other types of people.
Most communities are usually dominated by one color. I do know what you mean, though ... some churches have a worship style which seems to appeal to certain types of people. I think it's more of a cultural thing, but culture and race are sometimes tightly related.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,606,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I believe the allegations based upon his response and the demeanor of those involved. For the first time I saw the pictures of the accusers - and was a bit surprised at how similar they look - Long definitely has a preferred type.

I think that preferred type has a penis.

I think that preferred type is in his teens.

Sadly, I think that preferred type doesn't have a father figure in his life.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM

397 posts, read 847,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
...people are running around talking don't judge Eddie Long, innocent until proven guilty, praying for him and his family...
The "innocent until proven guilty" stuff is only applicable in a court of law. It does not apply in every day life and certainly not on an internet discussion forum.

Even AFTER the court rules, it doesn't necessarily matter. People are sometimes found to be innocent according to the courts but are absolutley still guilty of the crime. Look at OJ.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,401,074 times
Call me cruel or careless, but I have a hard time feeling any sympathy or remorse for these boys. It's blatantly obvious the only reason they decided to come forth with this is because of how the pastor used them up and when he got tired of them; he threw them to the side. They are lovers scorned; not victims feeling as if something as important as their innocence was stolen from them.

It's great the pastor is being exposed, but the reasoning behind it is all wrong. They would've never came out with this if he was still hushing them up with expensive trips and lavish gifts.

Seriously, the dude in Colorado sounds like a complete psycho. He's still very much in love with Eddie Long and is only doing this because he can't have him to himself.

"Pastor Long is seduction in the eyes of a boy without a father".

I'm strongly against child molestation and other indecent behavior with minors, but this dude is on some other stuff.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,401,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Exactly. Didn't anyone find it strange their kids were riding in expensive ass cars and receiving all this money for school and trips. My mom would've been very suspicious and all up in my business if this type of situation was going down with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta