Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,076,542 times

Advertisements

Accuser: Bishop Eddie Long is 'Almost Like a Drug' | Jamal Parris Talks to FOX 5's I-Team (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/iteam/bishop-eddie-long-accuser-photos-sex-allegations-20100929-es - broken link)

Have you seen this latest interview--Part 2 with Jamal Harris. OMG So speecheless...So sad!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:05 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,076,542 times
Check out this interview with Bishop Carlton Pearson regarding the Eddie Long Scandal. He made some interesting points. But some other points that were not Biblically based. I do like Carlton Pearson. I think that is nice to have a Theology or Law of Inclusion. But that isn't reality nor is it what the Bible speaks of. That philosophy is man made and is a very very convienent philosophy--believe me I wish that it were true, but I know it is not so I must live my life accordingly.... I do agree with some of the statements he says about inner conflicts. There are some truths to what he is stating.

Check out the video..
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,367,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Accuser: Bishop Eddie Long is 'Almost Like a Drug' | Jamal Parris Talks to FOX 5's I-Team (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/iteam/bishop-eddie-long-accuser-photos-sex-allegations-20100929-es - broken link)

Have you seen this latest interview--Part 2 with Jamal Harris. OMG So speecheless...So sad!!!
"Almost like a drug".

That line alone just proves what I was stating earlier; this dude is obsessed with Eddie Long.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,444,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Exactly. Didn't anyone find it strange their kids were riding in expensive ass cars and receiving all this money for school and trips. My mom would've been very suspicious and all up in my business if this type of situation was going down with me.
No one has commented on that and it really bothers me because if they all knew that the boys were getting monetary and material gifts from Long and never questioned it, it makes me wonder if they were aware of the relationship he had with the boys. I mean even at my age, my mom knows how much I make and if I suddenly move into a house or show up in a car that she knows is beyond my means she's going to have some questions.

I mean I can understand if it's quiet kept but according to Jamal he was showered with money, cars, expensive gifts...no one noticed this? Or did they notice and just not say anything because they were also benefiting?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 PM

133 posts, read 506,800 times
Welcome to Facebook

Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM

293 posts, read 1,111,980 times
Quote:
Call me cruel or careless, but I have a hard time feeling any sympathy or remorse for these boys. It's blatantly obvious the only reason they decided to come forth with this is because of how the pastor used them up and when he got tired of them; he threw them to the side. They are lovers scorned; not victims feeling as if something as important as their innocence was stolen from them.

It's great the pastor is being exposed, but the reasoning behind it is all wrong. They would've never came out with this if he was still hushing them up with expensive trips and lavish gifts.

Seriously, the dude in Colorado sounds like a complete psycho. He's still very much in love with Eddie Long and is only doing this because he can't have him to himself.

"Pastor Long is seduction in the eyes of a boy without a father".

I'm strongly against child molestation and other indecent behavior with minors, but this dude is on some other stuff.
You know, someone made a similar comment; about the boys being more hurt about being used and tossed to the side. I am not on either side. I don't have sympathy for either. But at the same time, these idolizers need to realize that Eddie Long is capable of being a homosexual just like these boys are or ANY human being, so you shouldn't be a hypocrite and advocate AGAINST it if these behaviors were taking place, you know? But that's the society we live in. I was just saying that based on the demeanor of Jamal Parris in this interview and the look in his eyes, as well as many of the facts, those things DID happen.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Didn't anyone find it strange their kids were riding in expensive ass cars and receiving all this money for school and trips. My mom would've been very suspicious and all up in my business if this type of situation was going down with me.
Well I honestly think that the boys weren't the only ones getting the money; I am sure he was footing money to their parents too.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
The "innocent until proven guilty" stuff is only applicable in a court of law. It does not apply in every day life and certainly not on an internet discussion forum.

Even AFTER the court rules, it doesn't necessarily matter. People are sometimes found to be innocent according to the courts but are absolutley still guilty of the crime. Look at OJ.
These people who are saying "innocent until proven guilty" are not even thinking about the court of law. They are abusing that tactic because they do not and will not ever think that this IDOL is capable of doing anything like this.

Yep, look at OJ. Remember; if it doesn't fit, you must aquit (however you spell it) LOLRL!!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,367,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
You know, someone made a similar comment; about the boys being more hurt about being used and tossed to the side. I am not on either side. I don't have sympathy for either. But at the same time, these idolizers need to realize that Eddie Long is capable of being a homosexual just like these boys are or ANY human being, so you shouldn't be a hypocrite and advocate AGAINST it if these behaviors were taking place, you know? But that's the society we live in. I was just saying that based on the demeanor of Jamal Parris in this interview and the look in his eyes, as well as many of the facts, those things DID happen.
I'm not a fan nor idolize Eddie Long; I've never cared for him. Another thing is I'm not against homosexuality. I'm not saying the dude is lying, but this is more about being screwed over and now they are emotionally scarred.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM

200 posts, read 280,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Yo! Why dont You educated us on how to be gay? Id like to know the process, Lets not use the word Ignorance as a cop out.

Too all gay dudes in this forum please explain how you became gay so str8 people can understand and NOT be ignorant. Help people learn how to be gay. Please & Thank You.

Since im browsing and saw this...

Can you explain how you became straight?
I didn't think so.
Seriously its not a choice. Or better yet... what if tried to be gay for while could you do it?.... didn't think so.

It's really REALLY that simple.

Now everyone has a different walk. You do have some folk who dibble and dabble or experiment but the numbers aren't as high. Yall fall into this DL hype all you want to but i can tell you as a gay man YES there are bisexual men who have sex with men when they feel like it but it's no epedemic as some folks want you to think. even some of the kids (gays). It don't go that deep.

but to answer your question again... there is no "process" your simply born inclined to be attracted to what your attracted to. God you sound retarted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta