Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM

8,488 posts, read 15,021,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Oh, they were plenty busy- unfortunately, the customers just didn't feel the need to pay for what they were shopping for. When the store closed, there was a thread on here with a link to an article in which Kroger stated that they were closing the store due to an unacceptable level of shrinkage.
I've heard that theory too, but Murder Kroger seems to have that same problem (and I've seen it every time I've been there) and they're still open. As a matter of fact, the last time I was in Murder Kroger a few weeks ago a cop was dragging some crack head out who decided to eat a bell pepper right in the store...and had a half empty 2 liter bottle of Sunkist stashed in his pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,914,686 times
Where is this Murder Kroger located?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
The one on Ponce next to the old Sears Building/City Hall East.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
I dont know why I always thought that one was called Disco Kroger...lol. Maybe because it's located right across from MJQ and Green's and a number of other nightlife options.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I dont know why I always thought that one was called Disco Kroger...lol. Maybe because it's located right across from MJQ and Green's and a number of other nightlife options.
Nah, Disco Kroger is the one on Piedmont in Buckhead so named because it was next door to this club named The Limelight.

This brings up a good point while we're talking about the various Krogers.... In Downtown, Southwest Atlanta, and the rest of the West Side south of Collier Road there are 0 Publix grocery stores, 2 Krogers (one at Greenbriar and one on Cascade Rd, both on the outskirts of the city), 0 Whole Foods, 0 Trader Joes, 0 Harry's. Yet, this part of the city has the most residents likely to not own or drive a car. Something very fishy is going on and it stinks to high heavens. I wish I had enough money to open up my own chain of grocery stores to fill such a huge gap. And before anyone says anything about Atlanta's "backwardness", this is a phenomenon that can be see in cities across the country from Chicago to St. Louis to NYC to Los Angeles as heard in this NPR report.

Last edited by waronxmas; 09-08-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM

That Walgreens concept would be great for my neighborhood (Washington Park/AUC/Martin Luther King Blvf/Westside Village Cooridoor). With no grocery store or pharmacy currently in the neighborhood and an empty Publix Structure sitting there I will forward the idea to the city councilman to see If anything can be done. This would be great for Castleberry Hill as well since it's in close proximity. One can only hope . Right now I go to Wal-Mart on Howell Mill and The City-Center Kroger on Abernathy (You forgot to mention this one WaronXmas). I really miss that Publix that closed around Xmas time last year so hopefully something can be done soon.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,315,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Something very fishy is going on and it stinks to high heavens.
Agreed. I used to live on Cascade, and the Publix you speak of is the store I used to go to. You could smell the seafood department the minute you walked in the front door.

The Kroger on Cascade had produce that was worse than any produce I've seen in dumpsters...and I've worked in plenty of grocery stores and restaurants, so I know what dumpster produce looks like...it's not pretty.

We eventually gave up on the neighborhood stores and started driving over to Ponce to shop at the Publix.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
The one on Ponce next to the old Sears Building/City Hall East.
I think of this song whenever I go by that store.

YouTube - "Murder Kroger" by Attractive Eighties Women

Old 09-08-2010, 02:26 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,578,819 times
Quote:
I thought everyone knew where MurdaKroga was?? Is this a serious question?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
This brings up a good point while we're talking about the various Krogers.... In Downtown, Southwest Atlanta, and the rest of the West Side south of Collier Road there are 0 Publix grocery stores, 2 Krogers (one at Greenbriar and one on Cascade Rd, both on the outskirts of the city), 0 Whole Foods, 0 Trader Joes, 0 Harry's. Yet, this part of the city has the most residents likely to not own or drive a car. Something very fishy is going on and it stinks to high heavens.
Why is it that way? Money in SW Atlanta spends just like money anywhere else and everybody has to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta