Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 09:16 AM

76 posts, read 260,438 times

Advertisements

There is very little to do here for younger people. We have one bar, a Pizza place, and one cafe. Most activities are either at the Senior Center or the VFW. It is a great place to retire but if you need a job the chances of finding one in the area is pretty slim. Major shopping has to be done in Benson, Wilcox, Sierra Vista or Tucson.
Those that need to find work are better off in Sierra Vista or Tucson. Same for those that are looking for night life as there is really nothing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM

308 posts, read 794,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGoldEagle View Post
There is very little to do here for younger people. We have one bar, a Pizza place, and one cafe. Most activities are either at the Senior Center or the VFW. It is a great place to retire but if you need a job the chances of finding one in the area is pretty slim. Major shopping has to be done in Benson, Wilcox, Sierra Vista or Tucson.
Those that need to find work are better off in Sierra Vista or Tucson. Same for those that are looking for night life as there is really nothing here.
Very true. Not trying to scare you off, but Pearce is REALLY small. If you ever visited the towns in the Adirondacks, they are big compared to Pearce. It might be just what you are looking for, but be very sure what is there before you make any plans. Beautiful area, though

Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,411,996 times
Well I need to find a place to put the 5th wheel while we build the road and get the water and septic in.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 AM

33 posts, read 60,129 times
My wife and I are buying land in Sunsites, Az unit 7 we hope to get down there by next summer and start building. We live in Nebraska where we get that "s" word in the winter looking to get away from that tired of shoveling the snow and driving on ice packed roads. Yeah the sunshine. I am 65 and wife is ?? A smart man does not tell wife age.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM

509 posts, read 1,706,380 times
i read about Pearce and sounds like a good deal . i moved from Nebraska to where i am now and i have to drive 55 miles one way for some serious shopping . a Safeway in Williams is 25 miles one way but their prices suck .soon as i can sell my house i will be moving to Chino Valley .

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM

What would you recommend Wind turbine. Or. Solar panel

Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM

Both. One to back up the other.

We just came back so we could check the June weather in Sunsites.

I found two RV parks in Sunsites with Monthly rent under $125.00 per month. One included utilities, and went down $5.00 per month for six months.

We will bring the 5th wheel down and stay while I put in roads.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM

If you are not into desert exploring and native Old West culture, this is not the place for you. It is a retirement and basic subsistence community. For those of you who have never developed desert property, it is not cheap. I have twice before, and I know what I have, but many who buy site unseen (or sight unseen) are taken aback by what they have purchased.

All the basic grader roads on Google Earth View are gone now. At least they were there two years ago. All washed and weathered away now. It was a good thing I marked my lot or locating it would be a chore now.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Thanks for your info

Old 07-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Hi anyone have phone numbers for land survivors for Sunsites, AZ and also septic systems, and electricians. Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona