Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM

76 posts, read 259,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
Wow! I've been gone for awhile!

My wife is Blessed . . .

Steve, unless you got other property than off from Birch road, your probably 20+ miles from Turkey Creek area (go to Sunizona, North on Hwy 181 about 10 mi)

But . . . there is a little place right on the corner of Birch and Hwy 191, can't think of the name, but it is a butcher shop . . . I'm getting old!

Guzman's Meat Processing Inc

1081 E Birch Road, Cochise AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM

168 posts, read 502,760 times
I'm headed back down to Sunites/Pearce area for a week or so, and was wondering if there is any good safe place I can park my ride if I bring our bicycles down for a ride around town? And if there is any pit-bulls that run free in town? I don't recall any dogs the last time I was down, but.
PS I will be down there by the weekend.

Thanks for any replies.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZone View Post
I'm headed back down to Sunites/Pearce area for a week or so, and was wondering if there is any good safe place I can park my ride if I bring our bicycles down for a ride around town? And if there is any pit-bulls that run free in town? I don't recall any dogs the last time I was down, but.
PS I will be down there by the weekend.

Thanks for any replies.
There are two RV parks on 191 in Sunsites, both are safe. Dogs running loose are not a problem that I am aware of.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the good info, and sorry it took so long to reply.

We went down there back in June and had a blast, but the drought and fires got us a little down. Next year I hope to make it during the monsoon season.

Here is some pics and info on the area from June if anyone wants to see the area.http://unkowndestination.blogspot.co...&max-results=7

PS, We had an awesome bike ride around town.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the good info, and sorry it took so long to reply.

We went down there back in June and had a blast, but the drought and fires got us a little down. Next year I hope to make it during the monsoon season.

Here is some pics and info on the area from June if anyone wants to see the area.DesertZone

PS, We had an awesome bike ride around town.
Nice group of photos, you definately like palms and cacti.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGoldEagle View Post
Nice group of photos, you definately like palms and cacti.
Thanks.
I like palms, cactus and reptiles. Kind of why I love AZ so much, has a little of everything I like.

How is the park district doing? Are you for or against it? I have no idea if its good or bad?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks.
I like palms, cactus and reptiles. Kind of why I love AZ so much, has a little of everything I like.

How is the park district doing? Are you for or against it? I have no idea if its good or bad?
I'm glad you asked. The "Park (TAX)" District failed the first attempt with the petition to create it. The golf course group is now trying to get a new one signed. The first petition had incorrect language and too many bogus signatures with many people signing more than once. They also made no attempt to get signatures of registered voters as required by state statutes and the county attorney. If they can not get enough signatures to create this new tax district this time, they will most likely try to incorporate as a town or city. Then they can ram the tax through.

This whole mess has created a great divide in this little community. It has turned into a battle between those that want tax dollars to support the golf course and those who do not. If a business refuses to sign the petition, the pro golf course people boycott them. You use to see very friendly people here. Everyone waved as they passed you and would always talk. That is changing.

The golf course here was created by the original developer for one reason, to sell lots and homes. It has never made money. There is currently a mountain of debt tied to the golf course in the form of back taxes and legal judgments. Those proposing this tax district want this small community to bet their homes on this. The title is very clouded and the corporation that owns the course is in bankruptcy. Not a place you would want to put your money.

Most people down here came for the peace and quiet and low cost of living. They did not come here to pay ever higher property taxes to support a failing third rate golf course. The promoters of the Tax District tell us the golf course is needed to preserve local property values. Yet, with the golf course open, property values have continued to fall. Guess they are not aware of the severe economic times this country is facing and that no golf course will save falling property values right now, especially in a small town an hour away from anything. Or maybe they have other motives.

Guess you know where I stand on this issue.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM

I know when I was down there I talked to a few people and some did not seem happy about it.
I like the golf cource, but if I lived there I would hate to see another tax. Even on the bare ground I have I see lots of different taxes. And I see they raised this year.
About how much are taxes in Sunsites (property with a house)?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I know when I was down there I talked to a few people and some did not seem happy about it.
I like the golf cource, but if I lived there I would hate to see another tax. Even on the bare ground I have I see lots of different taxes. And I see they raised this year.
About how much are taxes in Sunsites (property with a house)?
We bought a 1/4 acre lot across from the golf course in 2003 with hopes of building on it. The first year the taxes were $187. Last year on the same lot the taxes were $352 and that was adjusted down after going to the County Assessor and contesting the appraisal. There is also a question if anything built on it could be hooked up to the current sewer system as it has almost reached it's capacity. We sold the lot a couple months ago for half of what we paid for it, and even after taking a beating we were glad to get rid of it. Seems the taxes are far higher on bare land than on homes here.

When we moved here in 2006 we found out it was cheaper to buy an exiting home than to build one the same size. A house that would cost about $225k to build could be bought for around $125-140k. It was a no brainer.

We have a 1900 sq ft house here and the 2006 taxes were just over $1000. This year they were just under $1200, so you can see the house taxes didn't rise nearly as much as the bare lot.

It is still cheap to live here. That is why so many people are against the new Tax District. They say it will only add $100 a year to the average house based on their current budget of around $100k a year. That budget includes the current volunteer labor and donations from business and individuals. Once a tax is imposed, who will donate and pay taxes? The problem is there is so much in outstanding obligations that the first year budget should be 5 or more times what they estimate. Anyone with basic math skills should be able to see that the $100 a year tax increase will end up being 5 to 10 times what they say once they get public money to run the golf course.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,230 times
I am a 26 yr old hispanic female and I am moving with my husband to Pearce. We are from new york and I have never been anywhere but my hometown. Will we be able to find things to do and will the people there be friendly. Although we are from the city we are not young rowdy obnoxious party people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona