Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Were Here.
Very cool.
We may be moving down SE Arizona this summer too (if all goes as planned).

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 PM

30 posts, read 100,732 times
Default Pearce

Looks like I'm going to have alot of people to stop and visit this year.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 AM

123 posts, read 350,443 times
Sorry folks I've been busy! last two weeks . . .

I saw Steve's truck/camper up that wat last night driving my bus route . . .

The pollution is in the form of smoke/smog . . . you can see a small cloud in the mornings . . . drifts East . . . I've not seen any coal dust . . . our valley is 30 - 40 miles wide, I can't even see the powerplant from my house in the village.

My W123 240D is a 1982

Gonna go looking for Steve this morning . . .

Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,344,486 times
I have a ton of pictures. We missed church as the truck and camper were buried to the frame in clay on one side Wednesday. Sleeping at 30 degree angle was tough, but the heater worked. The $200.00 tow bill was no fun. Who would have ever thought of so much clay in the desert? I will be back to do some road work as soon as I locate a grader to rent and make arraignments for gravel.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:05 PM

123, Our place is 80% of the way up the section line running alongside the Transfer Station. From the paved Birch Road it is 1,700 feet North. I posted my Cow Skull on the North West Corner. The Ditch is on the Section line and the road should be (but isn't) East of the ditch. Warning ---- There is standing water just below the surface at 1,000 feet up the road. The views are great and we are right on top of the old Sulpher Springs Station. We own a lillte piece of history.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 AM

Great Steve!

Sorry about you getting stuck . . . I saw the truck when I went by with the bus, wasn't sure if you were stuck, or just stopped scouting, or driving slow . . . went back on Thursday, and you were gone . . . yeah we have had a wet winter . . . lots of clay to sink into . . . VanDeYacht doesn't mind charging for towing . . . Our Pastor has a big grader that he might be willing to come down and help you . . . but he won't let you operate it . . . calling for 79 today!

Not unussual that the road is on the wrong side of the line . . . happens sometimes up here . . .

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM

We saw the bus go by ...............

Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 AM

Default Spring!

Quote:
We saw the bus go by ...............
Too bad I couldn't stop, but the parents would wonder what happened to their kido's!

Spring has Sprung!
At the end of my road:

Looking South on 191 from Geneva St.

Looking South from Geneva St. along the Frontage Rd. - The "New Plaza" with lots of poppies! The winter rains sure have brought out the poppies!

They broke ground on a new pizza & ice cream place a few weeks ago, just North of the visitor center on the Frontage Rd.

The Passover Moon:

I had cut down a Ponderosa pine in my back yard, and turned the stump into a chair, and cut this cross in the back of it.

Last edited by 123.DieselBenz; 04-04-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM

168 posts, read 502,721 times
Thanks for posting the pics. I think the one with the Passover Moon is awesome.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I have a ton of pictures. We missed church as the truck and camper were buried to the frame in clay on one side Wednesday. Sleeping at 30 degree angle was tough, but the heater worked. The $200.00 tow bill was no fun. Who would have ever thought of so much clay in the desert? I will be back to do some road work as soon as I locate a grader to rent and make arraignments for gravel.
I went out for a walk about this morning . . . not alot of rabbits up there, but I found where you polished you differentials

Also found this looking East:

And West:

My little doggie likes to tag along when I go looking for wascly wabbits!

I heard that about 100 - 150 years ago (My memory does go back that far!) that this area was all a lake, and then there was an earthquake and the water level dropped . . . probably the explaination of the clay . . . grows plants real good, if you water them . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona