Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM

183 posts, read 192,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
The feeling is mutual....we are happy you are gone...
I was thinking about moving to Safford for my retirement. But after hearing about all of the Mormons and Catholics, I am wondering what life would be like for a atheist like me. Would the religious folks leave me alone ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 01:25 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
I was thinking about moving to Safford for my retirement. But after hearing about all of the Mormons and Catholics, I am wondering what life would be like for a atheist like me. Would the religious folks leave me alone ?
Religious folks here are like religious folks everywhere....some are wonderful folks, and some are not...I wouldn't worry about church folk here...

Contrary to popular opinion we are actually pretty normal, friendly people who get along with folks who both agree and disagree with us.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 PM

183 posts, read 192,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Religious folks here are like religious folks everywhere....some are wonderful folks, and some are not...I wouldn't worry about church folk here...

Contrary to popular opinion we are actually pretty normal, friendly people who get along with folks who both agree and disagree with us.
Said the spider to the fly.....

Old 06-29-2014, 12:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
LOL, now that's funny!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 PM

861 posts, read 2,191,297 times
Quote:
Come into my parlor....

Old 08-29-2014, 01:59 AM

16 posts, read 30,899 times
We HAVE to move to Safford cause my hubby got a job promotion. I was reading about the cliquish, snobby people and that has me bummed. And we are not a Mormon family. I hope we will not be looked down because of that and I hope they won't pressure us to join. And I hope and pray that Mormon kids won't exclude my non Mormon kids from activities. I hope I don't sound mean. It's just a natural fear I guess. :-/

Old 08-29-2014, 07:33 AM

7,167 posts, read 9,221,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer42605 View Post
We HAVE to move to Safford cause my hubby got a job promotion. I was reading about the cliquish, snobby people and that has me bummed. And we are not a Mormon family. I hope we will not be looked down because of that and I hope they won't pressure us to join. And I hope and pray that Mormon kids won't exclude my non Mormon kids from activities. I hope I don't sound mean. It's just a natural fear I guess. :-/
It's been a long time since I lived in Safford (1987). Sure mormons were the largest religious group but I don't think they were a majority. There were plenty of people who went to other churches and plenty who didn't go to church at all.

As far as cliquish snobby people. They are everywhere. Best thing to do is to smile, say that's nice and make friends with the next person. To tell the truth I didn't run into any such people the year I was there. Maybe I was just lucky.

Enjoy your time there. The surrounding country is beautiful. The people were and I expect still are laid back and friendly.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
It's been a long time since I lived in Safford (1987). Sure mormons were the largest religious group but I don't think they were a majority. There were plenty of people who went to other churches and plenty who didn't go to church at all.

As far as cliquish snobby people. They are everywhere. Best thing to do is to smile, say that's nice and make friends with the next person. To tell the truth I didn't run into any such people the year I was there. Maybe I was just lucky.

Enjoy your time there. The surrounding country is beautiful. The people were and I expect still are laid back and friendly.
You seriously made my day. Thank you for responding. I guess I'm a little nervous about the whole thing but I really am a friendly person and I love meeting new people. I just get emotional. Thank you very much

Old 08-29-2014, 02:46 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer42605 View Post
You seriously made my day. Thank you for responding. I guess I'm a little nervous about the whole thing but I really am a friendly person and I love meeting new people. I just get emotional. Thank you very much
And don't forget, our very own saffordpastor, Safford's biggest booster, is not LDS, either.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:26 PM

thank you all my hubby is there already and we will be moving up around November or so. Cant wait!

Just a couple of questions: How are the electric bills and water bills? Here in Maricopa they are through the roof. What kind of wildlife live there and does it snow at all?? thanks so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona