Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 07:33 PM

861 posts, read 2,192,102 times

Advertisements

the girlinaz...you really do know Safford area...anyone who knows Blue Ponds knows what they are talking about. My freezer has a bunch of crappie that I caught over there.
Also did took my daughters swimming monday up in the box.

Quote:
I would say most of the population is either Mexicans or Mormons. Yeah there is some violence, but hey, where can you go where there isn't?
I saw the results of a survey some time ago...out of 35-40,000 people here in the area, there were 7700 mormons, 6900 catholics and the rest a mixture. The hispanic population is probably 35%
This is really becomong a diversafied town, and it is a great community. The Meth plague has hit us, but there is not a place in the USA that it has not. I hope that we can get a handle on it in the near future.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Wrong!!! Safford is a very njce town that over the years has become quite diverse. Yes there are a lot of Mormons (about 30 % of the area) but there are plenty of Methodists, Catholics, Baptists, Pentecostals, Non denominational, and lots of just plain sinners and heathens....nice people though. I have lived here most of 35 years and absolutely love it. I pastor a church and get along with most every one here. Mormons included. The Bible says that .... "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: " Most of the folks that I have met finding friendly people have a problem being friendly themselves.
Saffordpastor, I've been reading with interest your descriptions of Safford. We are considering moving there, and are looking at real estate. Where is the best neighborhood? Is there any place we should avoid? We're from the midwest and have been offered a job, and will be coming to look around very soon. Do you have any words of wisdom for newcomers to your town?

Old 05-18-2008, 10:31 AM

133 posts, read 376,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit amolsch View Post
If you think that Safford is a nice place be ready to be converted to mormonizm on a daily basis this town is run by them and so is the law. One of the most corrupt towns in Az. sorry but this is true from experiance. Love the land. But be careful who in this town you lay your trust in because they all carry a knife for out of towners backs. if you know what i mean
Unfortunately true. Also, if you are a minority (like a single female with no children) you will be subject to getting fired. They actually used the "N" word on two, black professionals that were hired there in the Healthcare industry. This place is just one step ahead of FLDS in Texas.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:45 AM

133 posts, read 376,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
the girlinaz...you really do know Safford area...anyone who knows Blue Ponds knows what they are talking about. My freezer has a bunch of crappie that I caught over there.
Also did took my daughters swimming monday up in the box.

I saw the results of a survey some time ago...out of 35-40,000 people here in the area, there were 7700 mormons, 6900 catholics and the rest a mixture. The hispanic population is probably 35%
This is really becomong a diversafied town, and it is a great community. The Meth plague has hit us, but there is not a place in the USA that it has not. I hope that we can get a handle on it in the near future.
the problem is that Mormons actively seek out positions of power and then wield that power to hire more Mormons, elect Mayors, install teachers, principals and superintendent and basically make sure that Temple-rated Mormons are taken care of with fat paychecks from the State.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Gilbert mom...I have seen that happen here some...but it is changing. I am not LDS but have been treated very well by them, and see many that are not LDS doing quite well.
Notice that the Mayor of Safford, is ....well I am not sure what he is kind of a Mormon, Methodist hybrid. The Sheriff takes sacrement at the mormon church and then goes over to the Catholic church for Mass. The Mayor of Thatcher is Hispanic and Catholic, the Safford City council, is a majority non mormon, the County Mgr is non mormon, the Hospital CFO is Catholic, the Safford City Mgr is Pentecostal, there really is a diversity...this city has grown too much to be totally controlled by one faction....do they influence, sure, but not total control.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,295,206 times
I heard that they were building a mormon temple in safford O_O Where is it going to be constructed at is what i am wondering.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,295,206 times
Ps. If you want to learn more about Safford and what goes on there you can check out their newspaper at Eastern Arizona Courier

Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlyeyes View Post
Flagstaff and Sedona areas are nicer.

NOT...okay Sedona is great but I currently live in Flagstaff & this is a town full of inconsiderate jerks...and is WAY overpriced.

As for Thatcher/Safford, I spent nearly 18 years there. Its an okay town, I guess because I still have family & friends there I don't completely despise it. There is a chance I will be moving back there this year. You do need to be careful of who you trust....there are those that will ********* over if you let them. And its really hot - like Phoenix.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 AM

It is probably 10 degrees cooler on the average. There is no comparison between the Phoenix temps. and Safford.

I have left Safford while the sun is still up and arrived in Phoenix after dark and it is hotter in Phoenix when I get there.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,010 times
Does anyone here know anything about the Safford Church of Christ? I am considering relocating there and I am a member of the church of Christ. I noticed there is only one in the town.

Thanks,

Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona