Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Gilbert mom...I have seen that happen here some...but it is changing. I am not LDS but have been treated very well by them, and see many that are not LDS doing quite well.
Notice that the Mayor of Safford, is ....well I am not sure what he is kind of a Mormon, Methodist hybrid. The Sheriff takes sacrement at the mormon church and then goes over to the Catholic church for Mass. The Mayor of Thatcher is Hispanic and Catholic, the Safford City council, is a majority non mormon, the County Mgr is non mormon, the Hospital CFO is Catholic, the Safford City Mgr is Pentecostal, there really is a diversity...this city has grown too much to be totally controlled by one faction....do they influence, sure, but not total control.
You brought up a good point concerning LDS folks.

I am definitely not a Mormon; but, suffice to say, I certainly do not mind having 'em as neighbors (I live 2 blocks away from the Temple here in Mesa)-------they are quiet, clean, sober and respectful as a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1662 View Post
Does anyone here know anything about the Safford Church of Christ? I am considering relocating there and I am a member of the church of Christ. I noticed there is only one in the town.

Thanks,

Lisa

There is one Church of Christ, and at least one small break off of that church...the Cof C is located on 191 abour 2 miles south of town.....dont really know a lot of the folks there but the ones I do know are nice folks.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 23,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlyeyes View Post
Flagstaff and Sedona areas are nicer.
AND more expensive!

Old 06-15-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSurvivor View Post
The longer I live here, and the harder we have worked, the more I try to get out of this nepotistic, mercenary, discriminatory, greedy town. No sane person today should move here even if they are Mormon.

Yes, I must have been insane when we did.

If the house doesn't sell soon....we will just walk away. No, I won't rent it....I have had to clean some houses left by renters and fix walls and plumbing.

I have watched decent landlords deal with non-payment of rent, inept lawyers and judges (tenants have the upper hand) to slum landlords who do the absolute minimum and get huge rents.

I will be eternally grateful to leave here. We have always paid our way but in this place......they want your soul, spirit, ALL your money, talent and hard work for nothing. We pray we can leave Arizona altogether this time. I have learned to actually hate something.....Arizona and the majority of the people in it.

To say that the Mormons here don't control everything is an out right lie.
Wow....I am sorry that you have had bad experiences here and in AZ...not everyone shares your perspective. I personally have found this place a great place to live....and I have lived here for most of 40 years....and I am not LDS.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:35 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,082 times
Sometimes... folks blame the world, but forget to take a look in a mirror....

Old 06-17-2014, 03:02 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,329,443 times
Quote:
Wow....I am sorry that you have had bad experiences here and in AZ...not everyone shares your perspective. I personally have found this place a great place to live....and I have lived here for most of 40 years....and I am not LDS.

I have to stand with you. I love Arizona, and I live in Oregon too. Resident full and part time since 1979.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
I'm with you brother. I finally moved after living years there. It seemed like life was being choked of me the whole time I lived there. If you don't hunt or want to visit a usually non existent river, there's little else to do. And the Mormon influence, I'm glad I got out of there when I did. Everyone was all jacked about the mines and everything being built and along came the recession and the place resembles a ghost town. I get depressed every time I even think about going back. Thankfully, I have no reason to. Get the hell out and stay out. You'll be happy that you did.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azinthervm View Post
I'm with you brother. I finally moved after living years there. It seemed like life was being choked of me the whole time I lived there. If you don't hunt or want to visit a usually non existent river, there's little else to do. And the Mormon influence, I'm glad I got out of there when I did. Everyone was all jacked about the mines and everything being built and along came the recession and the place resembles a ghost town. I get depressed every time I even think about going back. Thankfully, I have no reason to. Get the hell out and stay out. You'll be happy that you did.
The feeling is mutual....we are happy you are gone...

Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
The feeling is mutual....we are happy you are gone...
Coming from a "pastor"?! Wow.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Coming from a "pastor"?! Wow.
I am just full of surprises....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona