Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:22 AM

215 posts, read 977,011 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion of this city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 02:11 PM

434 posts, read 3,178,720 times
Lots of Mormons and Mt Graham is one of my favorite spots in Arizona to visit.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:47 PM

421 posts, read 348,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguamarina4u View Post
What is your opinion of this city?

I'd like to know too my son is going there he got a job with Dodge Phelps.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:34 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,633 times
I was offered a job here out of college but turned it down to stay in California. The interview went well, but the town's isolation was a concern. I drove through it a few years ago on the way to Texas, and it seemed like a decent highway town ringed by mountains. The economy certainly didn't look to be booming.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM

73 posts, read 330,159 times
I grew up in Thathcer which is right next to Safford...I live in PHX now and I hate it...Safford is a nice town and it is starting to boom because of new Phelps Dodge mine going in...you would like to know more, please feel free to email and I could give you more detail, but I think it's the best kept secert in AZ!
emai: tad_joy@yahoo.com

Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM

9 posts, read 46,948 times
I lived in Thatcher for three years after high school, my husband grew up there and we still have lots of family and friends there. Thatcher is the "Mormon Town".

Safford is just another small AZ town that is starting to boom. It is HOT in the summer and very mild in the winter, about 10 degrees different from PHX. It is isolated, but has great views of mountains.

Would I move there? Probably not. It doesn't offer a lot to do yet. I love the views, but not the weather. To me it still seems run down. MHO.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
When I was in Globe, would go over there to Safford, nice enough little city, several good places to eat. And Mt. Graham nice to visit, I believe the observatory is still there? I was by there several years ago when they had some serious forest fires going. Is a farming community as well.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 7,657 times
Wink relocation to safford

Hello, my husband and i are relocating come mid Feb, not much time to get it all together.. really hoping and praying for some help from anyone who's lived in Safford or Clifton or even Morenci.. would you know any apartmet or housing that i can concant for rental? really, really appreciated it.. THank you..
Alti

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGOLFER View Post
I grew up in Thathcer which is right next to Safford...I live in PHX now and I hate it...Safford is a nice town and it is starting to boom because of new Phelps Dodge mine going in...you would like to know more, please feel free to email and I could give you more detail, but I think it's the best kept secert in AZ!
emai: tad_joy@yahoo.com

Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 AM

7 posts, read 32,366 times
Thumbs up Is Safford for me?

I live in Phx (West Valley). I'm 52 yrs. old and don't have an 'appreciation' for the 'fast life' as I used to . I've been planning a trip to check out Safford and the surrounding areas. Also thinking about viewing Patagonia (because of the lake). For those who really know the Safford area, I would appreciate your thoughts on whether I would enjoy the area or not. Here are my primary interests:

1. I like boating, fishing, swimming, lounging in hot springs.
2. I like taking a Kawasaki Mule or Yamaha Rhino into deep desert and spend a night or two.
3. I like (safe) short- and long-distance, isolated target shooting (handgun & rifle).
4. I like a 'small town' environment and the stereotype townspeople (spend a lot of time in Heber).
5. I like NO booming music from cars and neighbors - a bit of residential respect should not be much to ask.

I'm also curious as to the Gila river that runs next to Safford. Is it like the Salt River in Phx.? ... flows about 2 days out of the year (if that).

Anyway, that's a brief list of my interests. Does Safford sound like a place for me? Any other areas (keeping in mind I LOVE water) I should check out?

All 'practical' input will be very appreciated.

Thanks ...

Al R.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,155 times
Well I know its a little late but I just found this site. Al it sounds like Safford would be the home for you. Everything you mentioned is here in Safford. It is however a fast growing community as most towns in AZ are. As for the Booming car stereo's you dont them here to much but if you find a place that dosent have this problem you best keep it a secret! If there is any other information I could help you with I would be glad to do so. Best of luck to you,
Emory
Safford, AZ

Last edited by wristons; 07-03-2007 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona