Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Because they're not completely apathetic about what happens to their country? Just a guess.
My guess would be exactly the opposite - they're completely uninformed. Had they been, they'd know party lines DO NOT matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
30's are the new 20's.
He-he, I've seen articles proclaiming the 60's being the new 40's, which would make 30's ... infancy!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
My guess would be exactly the opposite - they're completely uninformed. Had they been, they'd know party lines DO NOT matter.
Chuckle. Sure. Probably best you sit the next one out as you suggested before.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Yeah, I can agree with that. I'd have to say it's mostly past 35. I'm 32 and most people think I'm still in my 20's. That can be good and bad. Good, as I don't want to look old, but bad because people may not take me seriously enough in my career as they think I'm just a kid. I don't think I'll win at that until I hit 40.

I better go get some good skin cream to take care of myself so I don't end up looking rough.
Ahhh Sable you are a baby. Get that Walgreens 5.99 Alpha Hydroxy cream you won't regret it. Fabulous stuff you wouldn't believe! If you have money to burn Philosophy has wonderful products for skin.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Well, border smorder issues. Read about the North American Union and you'll realize this topic is a waste of your brain power!
Hilary-she can sure skate an issue, she should win a medal!
Guilliani- he is a *****!
I would vote for Ron Paul or for Kusinich, I am independent so my vote doesn't really count. lol
I'm still looking for America, hello, America, are you still here?
We need some kind of revolution in this country. It's getting so creepy and predictable. Still, better than most I guess. I know from going to the Europe thread, America is still were people want to be. So........well........hm.........Maybe I won't vote this year and just sit by my pool!!!!!!! Wait for the end to come or something.lol

This is how I really feel this time around!

I'm not sure which speech I liked better from Hilary the pro-illegal one or the anti one. I thought her pro-illegal speech was pretty powerful.

I can't stand McCain but I loved that tied up joke he made at the debate

Who knows I may just sit in the pool too or the spa.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Chuckle. Sure. Probably best you sit the next one out as you suggested before.
Probably best if you look a little further than what MSM is feeding you. Unfortunately, it's not a chuckling matter, so I'm not gonna say anything about who chuckles last.

http://www.cfr.org/content/publicati...a_TF_final.pdf

If you read it, it just might look funny to you, too, that people waste time discussing immigration for starters.

Now you may wanna take a look at some of the members and their party affiliations:

Candidates at CFR - Council on Foreign Relations

Now that we can safely establish the fact that what's going to happen IS going to happen regardless of your vote, there still is something you might worry about a little bit and perhaps plan a move if you're not happy with it.

Format Document

P.S. All resources above are strictly official and legitimate. Took extra care not to provide questionable links. There's actually more to be proud of AZ, but I choose to stop here.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,451 times
Presumably you're talking about immigration and whether it'll turn AZ to a Blue state.

I still maintain that Latinos (and particularly Mexicans) vote overwhelmingly Democrat, so as the Latino population includes ever more Latinos, so the state will turn blue, ala California.

As to whether there are differences in the parties' views on immigration, it's easy to track down Congress' votes on the various Amnesty shams that the Dems have tried to pass, it's a matter of public record. Democrats favor comprehensive amnesty, Republicans, putting a halt to the tsunami first. Need I provide links to votes, or can we accept that on it's face?

It takes courage to go against the powerful forces of currently in vogue politically correct thinking. Many politicians lack that courage, a select few do not.

In poll after poll, the American public makes it abundantly clear that we do NOT want amnesty and want a stop to illegal immigration.

There is a clear distinction between how Repulicans think about the issue as compared to Democrats. If you choose to think that your vote matters not, and that everything's a foregone conclusion, that's your prerogative. Stay at home the next election if it's tantamount to throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded for you.

Well, this wasn't that hard to find, so here's some data on the subject. When you get to the link, you can drill down to see how the candidates think on specific issues (there are links for both the Reps and Dems). Probably way more info than anyone cares to peruse, but the point is, the information is there, and one can view for themselves whether there are general differences in party philosophy on illegal immigration.

Americans for Better Immigration

The next link grades out (and spells out how it grades) the members of congress (and shows party). Seems there are clear distinctions between the two parties. You make the call.

Career ranking of all 535 Members of Congress for reducing immigration

Regardless, I love AZ and can't wait to get back.

Last edited by azhiker; 11-18-2007 at 07:16 AM..

Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 25,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettrix View Post
Republican & Democrats - they are ALL the same.
Right on!! Get the senators and congressman on social security instead of having their fat cat pension system and there will be plenty of money to go around.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, I've seen articles proclaiming the 60's being the new 40's, which would make 30's ... infancy!
My almost 30 year old acts like an infant.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My almost 30 year old acts like an infant.

Ha so does my 24 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: