Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM

260 posts, read 511,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yeah, but point is SOMEONE voted him in and he is REALLY kooky by my definition and even exceeds anything ultra-rightist I'd find here. No, I don't think that is the place for me either. That's ok. Maybe there are other places to discover. But dang, that house was so cute and I'd already requested a showing....

Dolan Springs is not very far from LHC, maybe Dolan Srings
would be a good place for you to discover.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
Dolan Springs is not very far from LHC, maybe Dolan Srings
would be a good place for you to discover.
Hmm, never heard of Dolan Springs. Sounds like water. Any idea as to the political leanings? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM

260 posts, read 511,649 times
Quote:
Hmm, never heard of Dolan Springs. Sounds like water. Any idea as to the political leanings? Thanks.

I have no idea about the political leanings in Dolan Springs, maybe Sarah Palin have a ranch there, and have tea parties?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM

245 posts, read 697,829 times
Mistygrl, I don't live in LHC but have family there and spend 4-6 months a year there. Political leanings, hmmmmm...I'm too busy having fun there to really worry about it.

For the record I lean more right than left but I have friends from both extremes. While we do pick on one another from time to time, most of the time we are too busy goofing around to let politics dictate where we live or who we hang with.

If you are ever around LHC in Dec and see a bald guy with a red ZZTop beard on a CHP police bike, flag me down. I'll buy you a frosty beverage.

I don't know if they will let me in since I don't smoke but maybe I'll sign up with Willie Nelson's Teapot Party and teach em all a lesson.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybones View Post
Mistygrl, I don't live in LHC but have family there and spend 4-6 months a year there. Political leanings, hmmmmm...I'm too busy having fun there to really worry about it.

For the record I lean more right than left but I have friends from both extremes. While we do pick on one another from time to time, most of the time we are too busy goofing around to let politics dictate where we live or who we hang with.

If you are ever around LHC in Dec and see a bald guy with a red ZZTop beard on a CHP police bike, flag me down. I'll buy you a frosty beverage.

I don't know if they will let me in since I don't smoke but maybe I'll sign up with Willie Nelson's Teapot Party and teach em all a lesson.
Thanks, will do!

Tell me, is it like California light there? Are there jobs there? Is it mostly retirees? Is housing affordable? You sound like you like it there.

What is there to do for fun? Do you spend a lot of time by the water?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
You read my mind. I had a friend who lived in BHC who always used to tell me I should move there. In fact, I just left him a voice mail. Darn it! Now he sold his place so I would not be able to look forward to visiting with him. Not sure about the politics there, but the Colorado River is there. I don't have the best feeling about Kingman (although I don't know it but don't think it's artsy) and don't know anything about Lake Havasu either. But great ideas and I'll google on Lake Havasu (which is a real lake I presume?) Thanks!
Bull head City or Ft Mohave, in- expensive housing , in the middle of most everything you would need. I spent 14 months there helping a friend , if i were to settle down having traveled all over the country and not liking snow I have got to say it would not take a lot of pushing to get me back there.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
yea ! Live and let live , don't mess with me , leave the politics at the door.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM

245 posts, read 697,829 times
Quote:
Thanks, will do!

Tell me, is it like California light there? Are there jobs there? Is it mostly retirees? Is housing affordable? You sound like you like it there.

What is there to do for fun? Do you spend a lot of time by the water?
There are quite a few Cali folks in the area but I wouldn't say it is like CA. It does have lots of retirees and jobs are hard to find. There is no industry in the area, mostly service jobs. This area has been hard hit by the real estate crash too. My brother is a realtor there so I hear about it all the time. Many CA peeps bought winter homes to keep their boats at and many just walked away. Lots of Canadians are buying in the area, aye.

I like hiking, hanging around the lake, riding my motorcycle (year round). There are events going on over the winter months, car shows, hot air balloon, stuff at the London Bridge. Then CA is close too. My SIL goes to San Diego all the time. Vegas is only 2 1/2 hours away. You have to see Oatman.

My parents bought a nice house there for $121k last year with a beautiful view of the lake. I'd say I like LHC pretty well but then again, I like all of AZ so take my review with that in mind.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Well, thanks for all the input. I think I can now rule out LHC, BHC, Flagstaff, and that leaves me with Tucson and Bisbee. I guess Tucson might be my best option after all. However, after Ponderosa's comment, no so sure about that. Maybe there is no place in this state for me.

However, TOMORROW, I fly to the big City to enjoy myself. So right now I am just grateful I will walk on a real beach and go to a real Chinatown and see the second largest parade outside of Asia and just RELAX.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,779,340 times
Timothy McVeigh used to live in BHC, and so did I. It is a resort city, so a bit of everything there. Too much wind. Mohave County is very conservative, and they had even discussed moving the county seat from Kingman to LHC. BHC residents can enjoy some very cheap entertainment in Laughlin, all that stuff in LHC is more.

Nogales probably has one of the highest percentage of Demos in the State, and they just had their first homicide in three years (boyfriend of the deceased). The medical services have expanded a lot over the years, seriously injured are flown to UMC. People do fine in Nogales without A/C, that ain't going to happen in BHC. Patagonia is adjacent, but quite pricey with few amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona