Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,220,222 times

Advertisements

I'd much rather have more flights on smaller planes than bigger planes on existing flights. What makes air travel irritating are the security lines (which are worse when big planes are about to board), and high prices (which inevitably come down for the bargain shopper as more connections become available).

Bigger planes do tend to travel a bit faster, which is a plus, but they take longer to board and longer to deplane, negating that advantage. More flights to ATL, MSP, and unserved cities are much better than bigger flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 PM

28 posts, read 46,223 times
True, but that image of the extention shows a 747... Hmm.. Doubt it :P but we need a new terminal, this one is too crammed and small

Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 AM

277 posts, read 684,575 times
I also like Sunport the way it is. It's so easy and parking is cheap compared to others. I grew up in an area where you had a drive an hour to the closest airport, and almost inevitably take a flight that had at least 1 connection to get to where you wanted... I guess I just got used to this. More nonstop flights are nice, but I don't feel particularly inconvenienced by the level of service here. Of course, I don't have a job that requires frequent travel, so maybe I don't understand the pain.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Well, I was on Wikipedia and Kayak and Looks like

AA is starting service to LAX in April
UA is starting service to IAH in January

And UA is also using a 757 to denver during thanksgiving!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,220,222 times
AA-LAX: (yawn).
UA-IAH: (probably the same as the current flight Continental has to IAH, since they merged).

757: More capacity is good, but a crammed 757 takes twice as long to board as a crammed 737 (in my experience).

Now if the new United/Continental would buy a clue and put in a nonstop to, say, Newark..

Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 PM

581 posts, read 1,177,089 times
and more nonstops to IAD

Old 11-03-2010, 10:56 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,463,142 times
CO gave up 36 slots at EWR to WN so I'm not sure how they'd shuffle things around to add a UA/CO non-stop....

Old 11-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Well Here's what I project:

Continental: Probably Yes to the Newark
SWA/AirTrain: MILWAUKEE, Miami, AND I'm thinking since ABQ is like a mini hub for SWA, we might get some Caribbean flights (like 2 a week?)

And I've heard Us airways is merging with united? If so I think we could get PHL service.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,929,909 times
Vanubo, you are mistaken. US Airways is not merging with United, continental is.

Continental has tried many times in the past with EWR, maybe with the added feed of United Travelers this could finally be a success.

I can't see a big enough market to MKE, MIA, or a single carribean destination. If Southwest starts implementing new Mexico flights after the merger, you MAY (but I still highly doubt this) see a flight.

Rumor has it, Delta is considering a JFK flight in the next couple years; I'll believe it when I see it.

Now, always discussed, will Albuquerque see something like JetBlue or Virgin America as these airlines expand?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,463,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanubo View Post
Well Here's what I project:

I'm thinking since ABQ is like a mini hub for SWA, we might get some Caribbean flights (like 2 a week?)
The FL acquisition by WN will give them the routes to/from ATL, BWI and MCO to the 5 Caribbean destinations they serve. I see no way this can translate to even a possible nonstop from ABQ to any of those cities. The Caribbean is more popular a destination with East Coasters and as long as WN can feed traffic to/from ABQ for them, that's what the service will be for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque