Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 07:26 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
More propaganda from the state. We are still ranked DEAD LAST in the percentage of vaccines received versus given.
Where are those 46% doses we have received but not given?

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...inistered.html

Well to be fair, being DEAD LAST in what equates to the last heat of a 400 relay of the slowest group of runners isn't anything to go crazy about. Most of the country has sucked at the vaccination so far as was expected. Even California who people like to talk about is doing so great, still sucks for the most part. They have administered a lot of doses but they have very large population centers in big cities. Outside of the big cities in the less populated and rural areas similar to Alabama, they have sucked just as much. The Biden task force has already been humbled by the sheer magnitude of the situation. They have already realized it is going to be a miracle if they manage to vaccinate 70% of the population by the end of the year. Just a month ago they thought they were just going to wave a wand and have everybody vaccinated in a few months........Not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 08:48 AM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Well to be fair, being DEAD LAST in what equates to the last heat of a 400 relay of the slowest group of runners isn't anything to go crazy about. Most of the country has sucked at the vaccination so far as was expected. Even California who people like to talk about is doing so great, still sucks for the most part. They have administered a lot of doses but they have very large population centers in big cities. Outside of the big cities in the less populated and rural areas similar to Alabama, they have sucked just as much. The Biden task force has already been humbled by the sheer magnitude of the situation. They have already realized it is going to be a miracle if they manage to vaccinate 70% of the population by the end of the year. Just a month ago they thought they were just going to wave a wand and have everybody vaccinated in a few months........Not going to happen.
Why not; after all, it was on a briefing chart. Therefore it has to be true!!

This is a logistic quagmire I think we'll get there just like other vaccinations. The dampening effecting of on the workforce by the government isn't helping matters and is going to extend the timeline. Unfortunately the end result may be a batch of vaccines that are no longer effective due to the virus mutations. As such, the pharmaceutical industry will adjust fire and produce a counter vaccine. ...and the beat rolls on.

In five years we'll be reminded in October to get our flu and covid shots. It will be an annual things. Let's hope so.

Funny how how you haven't heard of any negative news towards the pharmaceutical industry and their profits. I suspect some of the companies were researching covid-19 prior to March 2020 but not to the extent of what occurred afterwards. In 9 months they were rolling out vaccines. Some more effective than others. You don't do that without resources. You don't do that for free.

Old 02-12-2021, 02:31 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
It never made much sense to me why educators were not initially included in the first wave of vaccines. Unlike many of the "high risk" who typically are more homebound; educators are surrounded by a large community of people through their work efforts.
Because COVID doesn't spread in schools? And because the teachers unions don't want a shot... they want to stay at home, collecting full pay in sweats while doing Zoom for an hour or so.

Frankly, I don't care who's first, so long as it isn't me. Far too many people are having some very serious side effects from these rushed-through shots, and all for a cold most people don't even know they have. We've known for a long time that the tests used to portray "cases" are flawed and produce an enormous number of false positives, just as we've known that most "COVID deaths" are no such thing... they're people who died with COVID, not from it. There is too much money being handed out for "cases" and "deaths", and too much political power being seized in "states of emergency" that are never going to end.

By the time there's enough history with these nutty vaccines, COVID as we know it is going to be gone. It'll either burn out or mutate, like the seasonal flu. The only thing we can guarantee is that all of the nutty nonsense is still going to be with us full-force... Mask Mania, silly arrows in aisles, hand-wringing Karens, and officious bureaucrats looking to hand out fines and ensure their own sinecures forever.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:59 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Because COVID doesn't spread in schools? And because the teachers unions don't want a shot... they want to stay at home, collecting full pay in sweats while doing Zoom for an hour or so.

Frankly, I don't care who's first, so long as it isn't me. Far too many people are having some very serious side effects from these rushed-through shots, and all for a cold most people don't even know they have. We've known for a long time that the tests used to portray "cases" are flawed and produce an enormous number of false positives, just as we've known that most "COVID deaths" are no such thing... they're people who died with COVID, not from it. There is too much money being handed out for "cases" and "deaths", and too much political power being seized in "states of emergency" that are never going to end.

By the time there's enough history with these nutty vaccines, COVID as we know it is going to be gone. It'll either burn out or mutate, like the seasonal flu. The only thing we can guarantee is that all of the nutty nonsense is still going to be with us full-force... Mask Mania, silly arrows in aisles, hand-wringing Karens, and officious bureaucrats looking to hand out fines and ensure their own sinecures forever.
And, the Earth is flat....

Old 06-13-2021, 09:56 AM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
Had a discussion at work about COVID-19 vaccinations, finally returning back to normalcy at work (even the government is considering going back to work), and travel. WRT vaccinations, it was mentioned that Alabama is almost dead last in the nation in regards to vaccination. Once again, we can count on Mississippi from preventing us to being dead last.

Reportedly, around 34% in Alabama have received at least one vaccine dose and around 29% are consider fully vaccinated. Vermont reportedly leads the way in vaccinations (60% fully & 72% w/one dose). As best I can tell, the nation as a whole is around 43% fully & 52% w/one dose.

We questioned why so many have not gotten vaccinated in our state. Three of us have kids (young adults) who haven't been vaccinated. The consensus seems to be a matter of trust & fear with two citing fear of side effects on pregnancy/children. Another one of us knew of people whose current health conditions prevent them from getting the vaccine.

Do you know people who have not gotten the vaccine and do not intend to get it?
Do you know the reason for their decision?

Old 06-13-2021, 08:31 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Had a discussion at work about COVID-19 vaccinations, finally returning back to normalcy at work (even the government is considering going back to work), and travel. WRT vaccinations, it was mentioned that Alabama is almost dead last in the nation in regards to vaccination. Once again, we can count on Mississippi from preventing us to being dead last.

Reportedly, around 34% in Alabama have received at least one vaccine dose and around 29% are consider fully vaccinated. Vermont reportedly leads the way in vaccinations (60% fully & 72% w/one dose). As best I can tell, the nation as a whole is around 43% fully & 52% w/one dose.

We questioned why so many have not gotten vaccinated in our state. Three of us have kids (young adults) who haven't been vaccinated. The consensus seems to be a matter of trust & fear with two citing fear of side effects on pregnancy/children. Another one of us knew of people whose current health conditions prevent them from getting the vaccine.

So in your reply, you quote a statistic that 2/3rds of Alabama have decided to not vaccinate yet you’re asking if we know people who have not. It’s amazing the commercials that advocate for vaccinations but even a discussion or comments on the negatives is banned on some social media. You’re asking a good question but it’s still rare that a platform will permit an open dialogue. It’s fascinating that employees at CDC and NIH have similar vaccination rates to Alabama but nobody wants to ask these employees why they have low vaccination rates when they are at the center of disease control,

I assume those that won’t vaccinate vary and vary by age and other factors. It’s been a while since the local news had a story on the lowest vaccination rates being from one or two demographics. I’m not sure which or who has the lowest “category” of vaccination rate and whether that is attributed to distrust in government.

Last is, what is the benefit? Everything is open now and mask free. So the reason to vaccinate is why again? Messaging is not specific in laying out the positives that outweigh the negatives, particularly when the CDC is less than 50% vaccinated. Children can not get vaccinated because all the vaccines only have emergency approval.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:08 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I'm currently a resident of NY who hopes to move to Alabama in the next year. I received my vaccine 2 months ago only because I was afraid we wouldn't be able to travel without it and the more I read about it now - the more sorry I am I didn't wait.

Supposedly 86% of Nyers have taken the vaccine and we still had a reported count of 768 new Covid cases on Fri and 548 new cases on Sat. Alabama has only vaccinated 36% and their new cases for Fri were only 268. Despite so many having gotten the vaccine - many Nyers are still masking because Cuomo has made them so fearful. The economy is destroyed here. Crime has risen substantially. I'd move tomorrow if I could to escape this idiocracy.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:38 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:

I know a lot of people who have not gotten vaccinated. We have not been vaccinated. For us the reason is pretty simple. We already had Covid 19. We got it way back in the beginning over a year ago and you may remember my posts about it. We have been exposed numerous times since and never gotten sick again. There were a couple of times when we had a mild symptom or two and we joked around that we just got another immunity booster. We had antibody tests for Covid19 done while having routine annual blood work done about a month ago and we have antibodies still a year after having the virus. So with that in mind and the fact that these vaccines were rushed with limited testing for longer term side effects, we decided not to get the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm currently a resident of NY who hopes to move to Alabama in the next year. I received my vaccine 2 months ago only because I was afraid we wouldn't be able to travel without it and the more I read about it now - the more sorry I am I didn't wait.

Supposedly 86% of Nyers have taken the vaccine and we still had a reported count of 768 new Covid cases on Fri and 548 new cases on Sat. Alabama has only vaccinated 36% and their new cases for Fri were only 268. Despite so many having gotten the vaccine - many Nyers are still masking because Cuomo has made them so fearful. The economy is destroyed here. Crime has risen substantially. I'd move tomorrow if I could to escape this idiocracy.

You would be one of many that have moved to our area in North Alabama from liberal states in the last year for the exact same reasons. So move on down, we have had plentiful job openings for the last year and still do.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:46 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Cuomo and de Blasio have to be the worst combination of governor/major mayor in the US. But then we have Wahington, Oregon, Chicago ....

NY has 5 or 6 times the population of Alabama in roughly the same area, so that could explain the elevated cases there relative to here. I would guess most of those new cases are in NYC where most of the density is. We don't have densely packed cities here like in New York.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:56 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I realize you don't have as many densely packed cities but we had 7 new cases alone in my county yesterday and we're clear across the state. Although Cuomo just lifted the many restrictions - masks will still be required in schools, subways, large venues, homeless shelters, hospitals, nursing homes, jails and prisons.

I can excuse the mandates in the beginning because no one knew what they were dealing with but as time went on and more found out - we should have opened up long ago. Instead they have created a group of people who will never get over their fear - and I see many of them in NY and other blue states.

We'll be moving further south to the Deatsville area. I can't wait because I've found people to be so friendly in Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama