Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 20,631 times

Advertisements

I'd like to know something about the housing opportunities in Forks, WA. I may get a job over there. I'm interested in cheap rental or hostel opportunities. Thank you for the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 AM

19 posts, read 85,462 times
I have been interested in Forks the same way myself about finding residence in Forks, but while I'm being Discouraged by the possible means of there being a job and a rented place to live in Forks, I am having my mind set in Grays Harbor County or Pacific County as my first attempt to check things out, when I show up there in early June next month.

Forks is in Clallam County and then I was even thinking of the possibility of places as Sappho, Clallam Bay, Joyce and Port Angeles or other places in that County. So if you don't mind me having a hitch hiking desire for the same information being asked here? I like to have some of the same information for myself also.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:40 PM

18 posts, read 124,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
I'd like to know something about the housing opportunities in Forks, WA. I may get a job over there. I'm interested in cheap rental or hostel opportunities. Thank you for the information.

There is usually a fair amount of rentals in the local paper

Forks Forum - News

Or you can go to the chamber of commerce website look under directory and real estate.
Directory Forks, Washington (http://www.forkswa.com/63.html - broken link)

there is also alot of great community programs to help people find housing, low income and subsidized as well.

There are lots of trailer courts, apartments, duplexes etc. as well.

If you need more help feel free to ask,
Kerri

Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 39,627 times
Default Things to do...

Is there anything for young, newly single people to do in/around Forks? Or people to meet? I recently graduated and am from a small-town, but would like to move to the Olympic Peninsula... I love all things outdoors and even love the rain.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 PM

14 posts, read 69,248 times
Im interested in moving to forks also, but with all this twilight movie attention..is it such a good idea? I live in springfield Illinois and I am DIEING for some mountains and forests!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM

658 posts, read 830,426 times
Forks is a different way of life. The folks there are color-sensitive, so beware. I enjoy Forks for its lack of things to do. The city is a day's drive away if I want to get busy. Forks is not really a city, but more of a large town. While similar in size to Sekiu on the North coast, Forks is less liberal and more accepting of conservative folks to just be themselves, without the need to march for a cause just because they love to live away from it all. Best bet is to drive through all streets of the town, should take you about 10 minutes. Eat in the local spots and ask questions of the locals. They do have broadband!

Not many jobs there, as it is only a tourist town there a few months each year. Don't move there if you need to support a home on one income, unless you plan on commuting to Port Angeles daily, about two hours each way.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 PM

Ok this is getting really old... Yes there are conservatives in Forks... just like every small town in America. But I happen to know alot of "colorful" people in this town. Including a transgender male to female, many gay people male and female, people who are just different because they are, and honestly I don't get around alot. My mother knows a huge amount of people in this town and she's not a conservative person at all and is well accepted. She's lived here for the better part of 20 years and knows just about everyone in all walks of life. Forks is a friendly and accepting town if you give it half a chance.

As for not having alot to do, no it doesn't really unless you are an outdoor person. People that hike and love the outdoors seem to really love it here. I am not an outdoor person and grew up mostly in warmer climates, but even I have to admit that Forks does have it's charms. Sadly those charms don't include great resteraunts or lots of amusement based businesses. But they do include a lot of open-minded and friendly people. Otherwise it's just like every other small town I've ever lived in. People who love city life don't like it here, people who like small towns seem to love it if they can stand the weather. Then others like me, love it for what it is even though they wish there were a few more things to do and one good resteraunt.

Side note... it is a small town but there are jobs if you are willing to work they just aren't all in specialized fields most are customer service based. And the prison in Clallam Bay and the prison camp out in the Hoh Rainforest offer alot of good paying jobs. The cost of living here is very cheap compared to other areas I've lived. Oh and Port Angeles is not 2 hours away... it's like an hour to an hour and 15 minutes at the worst.

Forks isn't a bad place and honestly people who don't live here shouldn't act like they know everything about the area and that it's all bad. It might not be for you but alot of people love it here.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 69,248 times
All i know is that washington never crossed my mind as a state that would be so diverse and beautiful! Now that i have done some research i have realized that washington is seriously under rated! Like i said i live in illinois wich is at best..sucky. If you like oceans of corn..then this is the place for you! Forks sounds charming, but so do all the towns in the Olympic Peninsula! I happen to love rain and cooler weather, also the outdoors..wich seems what the whole state is about! If anyone has any more info on the best towns to move to for a young single artistic person in washington please share!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 27,604 times
I have decided that I also am moving my family to Forks. We are currently in South Carolina, and I can not wait to leave the eastcoast. I love the rain and the cooler weather, so that will not be an issue for me. I am not very outdoorsy, but I think that is mainly because the humidity here is enough to kill you, lol. I am a little concerned with finding work there but I can commute. I have a BSBA in Business Administration, so customer service would be no problem for me. I too never thought of Washington until I read the Twilight series. Yes, that's right the book got me. What is there among housing? I have called the Chamber of Commerce, they are sending me info and I have talked to a Real Estate Agent. But I wanted to hear from some locals as I have about 10 people moving with my family. Any thing would be appreicated.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2leaveeastcoast View Post
I have decided that I also am moving my family to Forks. We are currently in South Carolina, and I can not wait to leave the eastcoast. I love the rain and the cooler weather, so that will not be an issue for me. I am not very outdoorsy, but I think that is mainly because the humidity here is enough to kill you, lol. I am a little concerned with finding work there but I can commute. I have a BSBA in Business Administration, so customer service would be no problem for me. I too never thought of Washington until I read the Twilight series. Yes, that's right the book got me. What is there among housing? I have called the Chamber of Commerce, they are sending me info and I have talked to a Real Estate Agent. But I wanted to hear from some locals as I have about 10 people moving with my family. Any thing would be appreicated.
There are a few different real estate places in town and there is a housing department as well. Rent here is actually very reasonable, our house payment is only 450 a month, true if got locked in about 8 years ago but median rent for a larger house is like 750 a month... same as I paid for crappy studios in Tacoma and Seattle.

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me.

Kerri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington