Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 08:10 AM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I have a lifted 4x4 vehicle as well, but, like you, I don't bring it into Seattle. I bring a small, high-mpg sedan instead. And I agree, Seattle has become anti-car.

I don't get the anti-car thing. I see some kind of mass transit train sitting on elevated tracks around the Northgate area of Seattle. It's visible from I-5. The trains never seem to move. I also look inside the huge, articulated busses on the streets around Swedish, they are never full. I also notice that the busses on the freeways are never full. And the freeways are always jammed. This tells me that Seattle residents aren't utilizing their public transportation, for whatever reason. Therefore, I don't get how Seattle & environs can be anti-car, no one is riding the bus or train.
So on what basis are you claiming Seattle is anti-car? Bike lanes removing a few parking spaces? The provision of non-car alternatives? They won't even shut down Pike Place to cars, and it's full of people walking across all day.

I can tell you that the trains and buses are pretty full at commute times. I hear that Northgate station runs out of parking, so hopefully the new station at Lynnwood will ease that. I don't know how you've never seen the light rail trains moving, just driving I-5 I see them frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 05:01 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
So on what basis are you claiming Seattle is anti-car? Bike lanes removing a few parking spaces? The provision of non-car alternatives? They won't even shut down Pike Place to cars, and it's full of people walking across all day.

I can tell you that the trains and buses are pretty full at commute times. I hear that Northgate station runs out of parking, so hopefully the new station at Lynnwood will ease that. I don't know how you've never seen the light rail trains moving, just driving I-5 I see them frequently.
I am saying that getting into and out of Seattle is like entering the bowels of Hell. Final comment.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:21 PM

5,439 posts, read 7,726,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I am saying that getting into and out of Seattle is like entering the bowels of Hell. Final comment.
Right. Because it is too dang car friendly. There is a near total lack of decent alternatives. Where is the hourly high-speed rail service between Portland and Seattle, for example?

The reason why Seattle is a traffic nightmare is because it is too car friendly. Visit a city like Paris for a compare and contrast. It is vastly easier to get around Paris because they haven't designed the entire transportation infrastructure around cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington